sumeet mittal new interview

dell30 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Producer Sumeet Mittal is happy to have created a brand value for Punar Vivah on Zee TV. After enjoying the success of Season 1, he is now glad that the numbers of Punar Vivah – Ek Nayi Umeed are picking up. However, the Producer feels that the spacing of Season 2 could have been better.

Says Sumeet Mittal, "It would have been better if the channel had given a gap of a month or two between the first season and the second. We had to waste a certain number of episodes before the audience got connected with the fresh plot and characters. It does take some time to get the older lot out of your mind. Now that we are in the third month, the show has stabilized and the story is picking up traction. Audiences are beginning to identify with the newer lot of characters as well."

On the cast of Season 2, Mittal expressed his happiness stating, "All the new actors (Karan V Grover, Srishty Rode and Eijaz Khan) fit in their respective bills to the 'T'."

On Rubina Dilaik's sudden exit from the show, he clarifies stating, "Her cameo had just run its course."

Coming to their other super hit Star Plus show, Diya Aur Baati Hum, Sumeet says, "It continues to rock. I guess once a story and characters gel with the viewers, there is no looking back. We are completely going the domestic route now."

Ask him about his Colors' show Kairi which did not click much and he states, "It was a good journey till it lasted. Agreed, the numbers could have been better, but I guess we began in the middle of IPL (Indian Premiere League) and never got the traction. I would not blame the time slot of 7 PM for it not doing well, as this time slot reigned supreme for a long time when Saathiya on Star Plus was at the top."

Looking ahead Sumeet says, "I am working on one more show for Life OK. At the moment, I can't give more details. All I will say is that this new channel is allowing producers to toy with newer ideas and concepts which might not happen with more established GECs."

😕

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ann5 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
really lost interest a long time ago...
nusratjahan505 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Mittals you dont deserve my comment
ladyBgud thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I can only thank them for PV1, the rest don't exist!!!
edit:tfs
Edited by ladyBgud - 10 years ago