BabyYou'reEverythingWe'veDreamedOf (Varun FC#18)

-chamkilli- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Welcome to the 18th FC of the one and only Mr.Varun Dhawan.  One hundred fifty packed pages of each thread. Woo Hoo! 

Early Life-

Career-

Debut-Present

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-chamkilli- thumbnail

Neha-Admin
Sonu-Co Admin
Shreya
Tusu
Ritu
Fatima
Aashi
Kinnzy
Sam
Zeenat 
Katie
Hetal
Kinjal  
AyulovesKiSha
NaughtyRa
Maggie  
-DEATHmusic-
Tanya
Ria
AbhiyaDewaani

Hit the  Button Dammit :P To get Added...All VD'ians are welcome Here 

-chamkilli- thumbnail

I'm a bathroom actor: Varun Dhawan
Meena Iyer, TNN Sep 6, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Varun Dhawan, 25, is impish and intelligent in equal measure. He stands at 5 feet 9 inches tall but has thoughts that can match the tallest man in Bollywood.

That he is the second son of the pasha of kitsch David Dhawan is known. He was raised on the Hero No 1 and Biwi No 1 brand of cinema. He smiles and candidly admits, "As a young boy, I would sometimes voice frankly, my opinion of my father's brand of cinema. However, I realised that he was indeed my 'baap'. The films I had an opinion on went on to become blockbusters and I realised that my father definitely knew more than me.''
However, he hasn't just been swayed by Bollywood's commercial charms. And today Varun can differentiate between the various genres currently delighting Indian cinema. He says, "There is place for all kinds of films to be consumed. If the Golmaal series works, so do the Gangs of Wasseypur sequels. I wake up one day wanting to be like Nawazuddin Siddiqui but on another day, I'm perfectly okay taking lessons from the Khans ' Salman, Shah Rukh and Aamir. After all, each of the actors mentioned is super-successful.''
Varun is happy that he has Karan Johar nurturing and protecting him till his first film Student Of the Year (SOTY) releases. "After that, I will be left to my own devices,'' he says, adding, "I do not think the audience is patient with a newcomer. Every actor, big or small, is competing with the other. Once SOTY releases, I will be out there competing with the rest. That's how the system works.''
This youngster who dances like a dream confesses that he is a huge Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) fan and he rattles off foreign box office collections of this Hollywood star like a parrot. Varun is unwavering in his quest for stardom and confesses that when he was in college overseas, the one thing that he constantly did was to practise acting in his bathroom. "Many people who are on reality shows today talk of being bathroom singers. Well I'm a bathroom actor,'' he winks, his eyes twinkling with mischief. 
Produced by Dharma Productions, Student of the year releases on October 19.

--

Varun Dhawan wows SRCC
TNN Mar 9, 2013, 12.00AM IST

Gunjan Goyal, a student of SRCC, recently invited Varun Dhawan of Student Of The Year fame, to be the showstopper for her fashion show at their annual college fest, Crossroads. 
The actor was the star attraction and apart from walking the ramp with the members of Demeanor, the fashion Society of SRCC, he also gave away the prizes to the winning teams. He not only danced with the fashion society members but also rapped a few lines from the popular Honey Singh number High Heels. 
He was all praise for Gunjan, the president of fashion society, for her efforts to amalgamate academics and creativity. While Varun was on the stage, many students were also trying to get on it to shake a leg with him but were controlled by the bouncers. Despite this incident, the show went off successfully, with Amity Noida bagging the first position and SRCC, second.

---
Varun Dhawan likes dark cinema
IANS Oct 1, 2012, 12.00AM IST

His father David Dhawan is known for making comedies and he himself is making his debut with candyfloss romance, but Varun Dhwawan relates more with darker cinema and would love to be part of scripts like "Dev D" and "Shaitaan".

"I would like to do more darker, edgier and realistic films. I liked 'Kahaani', 'Dev D', and 'Shaitan'. It's an art to do romantic films also, but given a chance I would love to do darker films. I want to do something different and not what everyone is doing," said Varun. He is making his foray in showbiz with Karan Johar's "Student Of The Year" that will also introduce Alia Bhatt and model Siddharth Malhotra to filmdom.

This youngster is well aware of the problems plaguing the nation and advovcates that burning issues should get prominence in film scripts.

"I like dark cinema. I feel issues like naxalism and terrorism should be seen in cinema. I feel that it will be great if cinema can give solutions to this. Even if a film gives a moral message, I will definitely do it," he added.

" Student of the Year" will release Oct 19.

---

Varun Dhawan is excited about new smartphone launch

TNN Mar 10, 2013, 12.00AM IST

Varun Dhawan is quite excited about the India launch of the Nokia Lumia 620, the company's third Windows Phone 8 smartphone, which has a dual-core processor, and features like Smart Shoot, Nokia Music, Cinemagraph and city lens, and yet is affordable.

Buying this phone could give a football fan the chance to win a golden ticket to fly to FC Barcelona's home stadium '" Camp Nou '" to watch a match and meet the players, too!

A football fanatic (and of FCB, too!) himself, he also admits he loves technology. "So, it's perfectly natural for me to get excited. I've been playing around with the 620. It is a powerhouse! It's fast and has great apps. What better way to launch this than by giving consumers a chance to watch FC Barcelona play live!"

FCB fans can get updates on the team and even plan meetings with other fans through the Tiki Taka with Lumia app on this phone.

---

I want to do a negative role: Varun Dhawan

Vijaya Tiwari, TNN Jan 21, 2013, 06.25PM IST

Bollywood's latest sensation Varun Dhawan who is riding high these days all thanks to his recent Bollywood blockbuster Student Of The Year, attended Filmfare Awards function for the first time ever, last night.

Well, we know it's tough to believe but it's true that despite coming from a Bollywood family, Varun attended his first Filmfare Award ceremony.

"This was my first attendance at the Filmfare award function. I've never attended any Filmfare ceremony before because my father attends award ceremonies only for 10-15 minutes. Since I was hosting the show and performing as well, I had to force him to attend the function. It feels great and I was quite excited," said Varun.

Dhawan made his debut last year with Student Of The Year where he played the son of a business tycoon who has a strained relationship with his father. However, after giving a commercial hit at the box office the young lad now wants to concentrate on meaty roles and wishes to play a negative character in future.

"I want to do a negative character as well. I am attracted towards doing grey shades because it will give me a chance to show their point of view, their side and the psyche of the negative character," concludes Varun. 

---

Varun Dhawan has blind faith in Karan Johar

IANS Oct 8, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Karan Johar is Varun Dhawan's mentor and is launching him in showbiz with "Student Of The Year" (SOTY). The newcomer is so confident about his 'guru' that he is ready to do anything for him.

"Karan is like a guru to me. Whatever I have learned is from him. I have a personal relationship with him. If he asks me to do something, I will do it. I trust him blindly," said Varun.

Currently in the midst of promotions of SOTY, the 24-year-old worked as assistant director to Johar on My Name Is Khan.

The actor says he has received offers from outside Dharma Productions as well, but it was too early to talk about them at the moment.

"I have got offers but I am not allowed to talk about it. We have a contract of three films with Dharma," he said.

Besides Varun, Alia - Mahesh Bhatt-Soni Razdan's daughter - and model Siddharth are making their debut in the film that also has names like Boman Irani's son Kayoze Irani and actress Sana Saeed, who played Shah Rukh Khan's daughter in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.

Co-produced by Shah Rukh, the film is slated for an Oct 19 release.

---

Young Bollywood showstoppers for Manish's show

Dibyojyoti Baksi, Hindustan Times

Mumbai, March 20, 2013

Celebrity designer Manish Malhotra will have Bollywood newcomers walking the ramp for him this year, at the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW). In this particular show, the designer intends to pay tribute to the 100 years of Indian cinema through his design collection. Varun Dhawan, Sidharth Malhotra and 

Ayushmann Khurrana, who shot to instant fame with their successful films this year, will be his showstoppers for the show.

Manish also plans to open the show with the directors of Bombay Talkies, Karan Johar, Dibakar Banerjee, Anurag Kashyap and Zoya Akhtar, walking the ramp. "This will be followed by a black and white audio visual about Indian cinema from the bygone era, progressing to the later stages. Finally, we will have Ayushmann, Sidharth and Varun walking the ramp. They represent the future of Bollywood," says Manish. His star-studded show will be part of the LFW opening night on March 22.

Varun Dhawan on Gaming, Technology & Gadgets

You can geek talk to him all day long. He'll even cajole you with his wit and sarcasm because Varun Dhawan's in turbo mode all the time. When dad David Dhawan's No. 1 films were scoring big at the box office, Varun was scoring big runs in ICC's official cricket video game. He's always loved to dabble with the latest gadgets and of course he believes joysticks are better than steering wheels. In a candid mood, Varun gives us a lowdown on how technology can be fun and how gaming can be a serious life passion.

What are your favourite appliances and how often do you use ?
I use my mobile phone all day long and I switch it off only when I'm asleep. I'm hooked to the TV too. Obviously, I watch all my TV shows and movies. I'm also on my laptop surfing and checking stuff online and buying music. I use my PS3 to play videos mainly before falling asleep. And believe it or not, I'm attached to my griller. I use it to grill my sandwiches every evening.

If you had a twin robot what would you use it for?

I would send my twin robot to meet all the irritating people I have to interact with on occasions. I'd go play football in the mean time.

If you could hack into someone's PC or phone, who'd be your top target?
The Income Tax department of India. I'd like to see where all the taxes we pay actually go.

A gadget that you couldn't operate or took time to get a hang ofโ€ฆ
I usually buy the simple kind of gadgets that I can handle.

What would you do with a hidden camera?
I'd put it in Aamir Khan's office so I can figure out how he chooses his scripts.

How many times have you been photoshopped?
I don't know but if I had to guess, I'd say not enough. Most movie posters are photoshopped; everyone knows that. I've just started working. So there's a long way to go.

Three fancy gadgets you'd want in your car.
I'd want my car to come with a USB slot for playing music. A state-of-the-art GPS navigator should be a must in cars. I'd love my car to have an auto park feature. You know, a car that parks itself.

If you had a supernatural phone to call the dead, who'd you call?
I'd call rock star Jim Morrison. I have a lot of questions to ask him.

Which was the first game you ever played?
The first game I played would have possibly been Super Mario brothers on an old 8-bit console.

Which was your first gaming console? Did you buy it or someone bought it for you?
My brother Rohit Dhawan was a video game aficionado. He used to have what was then the king of home video game consoles, SEGA. I inherited it.

What's your favourite game ever and why?
I can't choose one. But I have my favourites โ€“ FIFA and Grand Theft Auto. I'm a hardcore football freak and FIFA is just a must. GTA is an open world game and has an immersive story as well. I also used to love the ICC cricket game.

What's the maximum time you've spent playing a single game at a stretch?

When I was in school, I remember spending an entire Sunday playing Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. I spent roughly about 8 โ€“ 10 hours with breaks just to eat my meals. I would also have tournaments with my friends at home where we used to played FIFA and Cricket nonstop on the PS3.

Who's your favourite male gaming character and why?
My favourite male character is Max Payne. I was moved by his character. He goes from being an honest cop to a revenge hungry vigilante. Everyone he loves, gets murdered, which makes him a hardboiled guy. When we have bad days we should look at Max Payne. No one has ever had worse days than him, but he still manages to keep his sanity and fight through the tough times and corrupt organisations.

Who's your favourite female gaming character and why?
My favourite female character is Lara Croft, since that was the first game I ever played in which the protagonist was a girl. I was smitten by her characterisation. She is brave, intelligent, adventurous and sexy. She doesn't need a Prince Charming to save her. My liking for her character reached a whole new level when they made a movie on Lara Croft. Only Angeline Jolie could have done justice to the role.

What kind of games do you like?
I like most games. But the kind of games I prefer are the ones with realistic graphics and a good storyline or they should offer pure adrenaline pumping gameplay. My favourite genres are adventure, first person shooters and sports. Games like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Far Cry 3 are right up my alley. 

Does gaming on phones / tabs compare to gaming on consoles?
Not for me. Gaming on consoles is more intense than phones. Phone games for me are more like on-the-go types, whereas console games are pretty intense and are more exciting for sure.

---Will Add some New Articles Soonish 

Minionite thumbnail
Not everything...a lot more than everything. ๐Ÿ˜›
Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: KS_Shreya

Fitness is more than having muscles, says Varun Dhawan

Press Trust of India | Posted on Aug 15, 2013 at 12:30pm IST 

inShare Share on Tumblr
Get Paid to Lose Weight
$5,000 For Your Weight Loss Story.   Personal Image TV Show. www.mertontv.ca

New Delhi: Bollywood newbie Varun Dhawan may have flaunted a muscular look in his debut 'Student Of The Year' but he insists that being fit entails a lot more things than having huge muscles.

The 26-year-old actor, who is the son of Bollywood filmmaker David Dhawan, is a fitness enthusiast.

"I have been passionate about fitness from a very young age. For me fitness is a part of my everyday life. But fitness does not mean having big muscles, it means being active, quick and flexible. It can be defined in many terms," Varun told PTI.

Varun insists that being fit entails a lot more things than having huge muscles.

Varun hits the gym for one and a half hours everyday and is trained by Prashant Sawant.

"I do a mix and match of many exercises. But before anything I do, I go for a warm up as it of prime importance. My trainer is very helpful in keeping me fit. We also do heavy weight mixed with cardiovascular exercises," he said.

The actor has come out with a fitness DVD 'Pumpstart' which has a dance routine that flexes 13 major muscle groups in the body. It is choreographed by Remo D'souza.

"I have a great amount of respect for Remo, and for everything he has achieved and done till now. He was able to merge together excessing and dancing very nicely in 'Pumpstart'. He is the master of dancing," he said.

Varun is set to team up with his 'Student Of The Year' co-star Alia Bhatt in Karan Johar's next 'Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania'. Debutant Shashank Khaitan will be directing the film.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/fitness-is-more-than-having-muscles-says-varun-dhawan/414465-8-66.html

Minionite thumbnail

Happy Birthday David Dhawan, Saif Ali Khan, and Manisha Koirala!

16th August is the birthday of not one, not two, but three Bollywood Icons: Saif Ali Khan,David Dhawan, and Manisha Koirala.

Friday, August 16, 2013   |  Copyright: BollyCurry  |   1 Comments  |  358 Views

16th August marks the birthday of not one, not two, but three Bollywood Icons: Saif Ali Khan,David Dhawan, and Manisha Koirala.

David Dhawan born Rajinder Dhawan in Jalandher Punjab is one of India's most loved directors. He started his career as an editor before taking up direction.  David Dhawan and Govinda paired up for the first time in the not so successful Taqatwaar followed by Swarg andShola Aur Sahbnam but it was the huge hit Aankhen which cemented their position.  Then came a string of hits Coolie No 1, Raja Babu, Saajan Chale Sasural, Hero No 1, Deewana Mastana, and Haseena Maan Jayegi. Their era started to end with the release of Banarasi Babu before they made a huge comeback a few years later with Partner featuring Salman Khan. Salman Khan was the other actor who has made a formidable team with David Dhawan in their films Judwaa, Biwi No 1, Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya , Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, and Partner which were loved by the audience. David Dhawan has also been a judge on reality shows: Nach Baliye and Hans Baliye. His son, Varun Dhawan, made a promising Bollywood debut last year inStudent of the Year.

Manisha Koirala is a Nepalese and Indian actress. Born in a politically prominent family of Nepal she made her acting debut in a Nepali film Pheri Bhetaula in 1989 and her Bollywood debut in the top grossing movie Saudagar. She established herself as a successful lead actress with 1942 A Love Story, Agni, and Gupt, and also proved her acting talents inBombay, Akele Hum Akele Tum, Khamoshi, Dil Se, and Company. She won 3 Filmfare Critics Best Actress Awards for Bombay, Khamoshi, and Company. Manisha was appointed as a UNFPA Good Will Ambassador. Manisha hosted Sawaal Dus Crore Ka with Anupam Kher. She has also been a jury member in 5th Dubai International Film Festival. Recently in 2012 she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She underwent a surgery which was successful.

Saif Ali Khan the 10th Nawab Of Pataudi (born Sajid Ali Khan), is the son of Nawab and Indian Cricketer Mansoor Ali Khan and actress Sharmila Tangore. He made his acting debut in the Yash Chopra's Parampara, and he won the Filmfare Best Debut Award for Aashiq Awara. He tasted success with Mein Khialdi Tu Anari and Yeh Dillagi. He hit a rough patch but bounced back with his career changing role in Dil Chahta Hai as Sameer. He won the Filmfare for Best Supporting Actor for Kal Ho Na HoHum Tum won him a Filmfare for Best Performance in Comic Role and a National Award as well. Saif proved his versatility in Ek Haseena Thi, Parineeta, Salaam Namaste, Being Cyrus, Omkara, and Race. He started his own production house Illuminati Films and his first venture Love Aaj Kal was a success. He was awarded the Padma Shri in 2010. He is currently married to Kareena Kapoor.

Wishing these three stars a very happy birthday and a successful year ahead from Bollycurry and all its readers.

http://www.india-forums.com/bollywood/bollywood-events/36150-happy-birthday-david-dhawan-saif-ali-khan-and-manisha-koirala.htm

Minionite thumbnail

Varun Dhawan on Gaming, Technology & Gadgets

By Rachit Gupta  | posted Aug 16th 2013 at 1:00AM

0COMMENTS

Image courtesy: Kunal Heble

RELATED READS

You can geek talk to him all day long. He'll even cajole you with his wit and sarcasm because Varun Dhawan's in turbo mode all the time. When dad David Dhawan's No. 1 films were scoring big at the box office, Varun was scoring big runs in ICC's official cricket video game. He's always loved to dabble with the latest gadgets and of course he believes joysticks are better than steering wheels. In a candid mood, Varun gives us a lowdown on how technology can be fun and how gaming can be a serious life passion.

What are your favourite appliances and how often do you use ?
I use my mobile phone all day long and I switch it off only when I'm asleep. I'm hooked to the TV too. Obviously, I watch all my TV shows and movies. I'm also on my laptop surfing and checking stuff online and buying music. I use my PS3 to play videos mainly before falling asleep. And believe it or not, I'm attached to my griller. I use it to grill my sandwiches every evening.

If you had a twin robot what would you use it for?

I would send my twin robot to meet all the irritating people I have to interact with on occasions. I'd go play football in the mean time.

If you could hack into someone's PC or phone, who'd be your top target?
The Income Tax department of India. I'd like to see where all the taxes we pay actually go.

A gadget that you couldn't operate or took time to get a hang of'
I usually buy the simple kind of gadgets that I can handle.

What would you do with a hidden camera?
I'd put it in Aamir Khan's office so I can figure out how he chooses his scripts.

How many times have you been photoshopped?
I don't know but if I had to guess, I'd say not enough. Most movie posters are photoshopped; everyone knows that. I've just started working. So there's a long way to go.

Three fancy gadgets you'd want in your car.
I'd want my car to come with a USB slot for playing music. A state-of-the-art GPS navigator should be a must in cars. I'd love my car to have an auto park feature. You know, a car that parks itself.

If you had a supernatural phone to call the dead, who'd you call?
I'd call rock star Jim Morrison. I have a lot of questions to ask him.

Which was the first game you ever played?
The first game I played would have possibly been Super Mario brothers on an old 8-bit console.

Which was your first gaming console? Did you buy it or someone bought it for you?
My brother Rohit Dhawan was a video game aficionado. He used to have what was then the king of home video game consoles, SEGA. I inherited it.

What's your favourite game ever and why?
I can't choose one. But I have my favourites ' FIFA and Grand Theft Auto. I'm a hardcore football freak and FIFA is just a must. GTA is an open world game and has an immersive story as well. I also used to love the ICC cricket game.

What's the maximum time you've spent playing a single game at a stretch?

When I was in school, I remember spending an entire Sunday playing Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. I spent roughly about 8 ' 10 hours with breaks just to eat my meals. I would also have tournaments with my friends at home where we used to played FIFA and Cricket nonstop on the PS3.

Who's your favourite male gaming character and why?
My favourite male character is Max Payne. I was moved by his character. He goes from being an honest cop to a revenge hungry vigilante. Everyone he loves, gets murdered, which makes him a hardboiled guy. When we have bad days we should look at Max Payne. No one has ever had worse days than him, but he still manages to keep his sanity and fight through the tough times and corrupt organisations.

Who's your favourite female gaming character and why?
My favourite female character is Lara Croft, since that was the first game I ever played in which the protagonist was a girl. I was smitten by her characterisation. She is brave, intelligent, adventurous and sexy. She doesn't need a Prince Charming to save her. My liking for her character reached a whole new level when they made a movie on Lara Croft. Only Angeline Jolie could have done justice to the role.

What kind of games do you like?
I like most games. But the kind of games I prefer are the ones with realistic graphics and a good storyline or they should offer pure adrenaline pumping gameplay. My favourite genres are adventure, first person shooters and sports. Games like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Far Cry 3 are right up my alley. 

Does gaming on phones / tabs compare to gaming on consoles?
Not for me. Gaming on consoles is more intense than phones. Phone games for me are more like on-the-go types, whereas console games are pretty intense and are more exciting for sure.

-chamkilli- thumbnail

Not everything...a lot more than everything. ๐Ÿ˜›

I dont think that's possible but I'll take your word for it ๐Ÿ˜† 
-chamkilli- thumbnail
ASDFGHJKL; His Face