hiddenstar thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Chennai Express' success is like a dream, 100 crore club is superficial: SRK

ANI | 15th Aug 2013

Shahrukh Khan, whose latest flick 'Chennai Express' has become the fastest movie to enter the 100 crore club at the Indian box office and is all set to cross the 200 crore mark Internationally, has revealed that the success of the film is almost like a dream.

"This kind of response to get in this time and age and this kind of response which is express to say the least is very heartening and pleasantly surprising and very overwhelming and it's not just from India but from every corner of this world," the actor said.

So to be able to get a film like this I never thought world over because normally they like romantic film more but it sees to have the fancy of most people so it's really nice, he asserted.

When the star was asked about the reason behind the extensive promotional strategy being done by today's films, Khan said that it's important to inform the people about the film but promotion should be done depending on the genre of the film.

"I think it depends on what kind of film you have done. This film you can take on every platform. First promotion is about informing the film. Ticket prices are really high and we raise them on weekends. I have made to understand so. I think it's the duty as a producer, as an actor or as actress to inform people what the film is about as honestly and as truthfully you can so it's very important for people to know that it's a family film and it has got a little bit of comedy," he said.

He added that there could be miss conceptions about the film from the trailer so he thinks that promotion is important to that extent.

Shahrukh Khan has revealed that he couldn't care less about the famous 100 crore club in Bollywood because it is the audiences love that is important.

Speaking exclusively to ANI, the B-Town celeb asserted that being applauded and appreciated by the audience is all that matter to an actor, so the numbers are a superficial way of looking at things off course for Disney, UTV and Red chilies , as they are business people, who have invested a lot of money.

The ' Chennai Express' star insisted that money is just a way of determining that people are actually watching your movies, and nothing else.

"But for me as an actor as a creative person, I think the essence, the feeling behind that number is important because a lot of people are watching it, and liking it, otherwise you don't get these numbers on that level. That's how I think of it but it's not something I put my mind to," the actor said.

Khan added that he hoped people just watch his movies, instead of thinking of the 100 crores or 200 crores

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Enycedoll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
oh stop it SRK...u know ur jumping with joy that ur movie broke all records. 
chimchimcher-ee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Kya.Bolta.Tu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Explains a lot seriously for a person like me.🤓
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Don't underestimate the power of a common man ðŸ˜†
tomnjerry2 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8
He has all the rights to be HAPPY about the success of his movie. !!!
SalluTheUllu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
ofcourse,artificial king 😆
-RaeesRiks- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
CE success is like a dream for you SRK

but

For Some its turning out to be a Nightmare😆
.Bongsookie. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Happy that your dream came true King Khan, youu deserve it for making such a wonderful film! Edited by zaahira - 10 years ago
Angelicdiya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Happy for CE team.

Love Deepika & SRK.