TOI: Sumeet Mittal's B'day date with SRK

A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Sumeet Mittal's B'day date with SRK
Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Aug 15, 2013, 04.48 PM IST

Sumeet Mittal's B'day date with SRK
SRK & Sumeet Mittal

Producer Sumeet Mittal recently got an opportunity many would give their right arm for -- to work with the three Khans of Bollywood.

After Salman and Aamir, he recently worked with Shah Rukh Khan for a special episode of the popular show, Diya Aur Baati Hum. The superstar had come to promote his blockbuster film, Chennai Express.

About working with Bollywood's Badhshah, Sumeet says, "SRK is very humble and accommodating. The entire cast and crew went ga-ga over him. He had no starry airs and was polite with everybody. But what moved me the most was the fact that he is still so rooted. He came late and apologised to me, saying, 'Sorry, I kept you guys waiting. I'm late'. He gave retakes without objection and did not even ask why. I was a bit worried about how I would get my shots, but the moment he was on the floor, everything went smoothly. He depended on the director like the show's actors Sooraj and Sandhya. He is too good to believe."

Sumeet's birthday was nothing short of a grand affair. He tells us, "It was extremely special. I got my first surprise at work where the staff was waiting with flowers -- right from the parking area to the office. The lift halted on every floor and the staff kept giving me flowers. I was awestruck as I entered my cabin. My wife Shashi (also the co-producer of the production house) was sitting there with the jalebis she got from Delhi. Later in the day, Rohit Raj Goyal — the director of Diya Aur Baati Hum — took me to the set, where I was gifted with a pagdi and sword by the cast. Neelu Waghela aka Bhabho did my tilak and aarti."

This was followed by another cake-cutting ceremony on the set of Punarvivah. That's what is called perks of stardom.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HalleNJ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing

SRK was good, I'm not his fan, but I liked his presence in DABH Edited by niruba - 10 years ago
-Liebe- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
yay this s SRK.humble person.

thanks.