August 14, 2013 Episode - Some Observations

Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
I am now liking this Ramayan from the last two episodes as the quality has definitely improved.  Of course I am ignoring Raavan when I say that.  But even though Raavan occupied 50% of the screen space today, there were other characters in those scenes that held my attention.  So here it goes in chronological order:

1.  Sita after hearing from the mother that Ram as a guest would not participate, went running to her best friend Gauri.  Gauri too was totally sympathetic and wanted to dash to earth to provide comfort to BFF (Best Friend Forever), but Shiv as usual put a stop to it.  Not that I can blame Mahadev.  He was just settling down to have dinner with Parvati when Sita inconveniently interrupted his evening meal.  Thankfully, Parvati listened to him.  Otherwise, I am afraid that Mahadev would have finished all the food at Janak's palace as a revenge.  See I just finished watching that episode of Shiv's marriage where he finished Himavan's entire food because Parvati would not look at him and praise his good looks.  But still Parvati managed to send telepathic message to Sita to be patient and that calmed down Sita.  

Ok, have to say that I liked Sita/Parvati/Shiv scene here where Sita was anxious, Parvati was desperate to provide her answers and Mahadev wanted to keep the suspense for Sita so that he could enjoy the entire drama. Sita is like me who wants to know the ending of mysteries instead of relishing the suspense.

Aside:  Mahadev and Parvati have got some furniture now - those dining stools.  I have not yet progressed to those episodes where Mahadev and Parvati are happily married and settled on Kailash.  So I don't know if this dining furniture is a recent acquisition or if Parvati brought it as a part of dowry.  During Sati period,  Shiv had refused all dowry and Sati too was just eating fruits and raw vegetables considering that Shiv is a big environmentalist and she probably didn't know cooking.  But Parvati  is a great cook, and cooks all sort of food for Mahadev, G/K (Ganesh/Kartikeye) when they visit solo, and the entire army of gans/prets.

2.  The next day was as before with Sita beaming with happiness whenever a prospective groom would fail.  Ram too for that matter was happy at this turn of events.  So much for his lecture of doing one's duty and not look for personal pleasures, when he was pleased as punch that everyone was failing the test.  Urmila and Lakshman respectively were happy to see their respective sister and brother happy.  

3.  This happy happy scene was interrupted by who else - Raavan who decided to play a spoilsport.  Of course, Naraad was happy as this gave him a chance to interject his live commentary with funny quips.  Misti was spot on in another thread when she compared Naarad's commentary with cricket commentary with all devtaas as live audience.  Naarad did have a point that Raavan needed to decide if he was a Shiv devotee or not once and for all.  This Raavan not only likes to throw tantrums, but he is one confused demon soul.  As Vrish wrote, one moment he was claiming he was invited and at other he is furious at not being invited.  How come Mahadev is the one who always gets such weird devotees.  Well, one can say that he does have an army of ganas and prets who are eccentric in their own way.  But at least they are loveable.  By the way, where is that original Pret from the Sati era.  He was the best Pret of Mahadev, but he has disappeared.

4.    Coming back to Ramayan,  Ravaan drones on and on about his glory with Sita once again losing her smile and getting anxious, Ram getting serious and Lakshman getting angry.  Ok.. it was worth seeing this Raavan as finally I got to see angry Lakshman who had so far got an amnesia that he is supposed to have a temper.  At least Raavan barging this way cured him of that.  So I was able to tolerate Raavan in order to see slowly seething Lakshman.  Even Ram was beginning to lose his famous cool at Raavan's wish of picking up the bow.  Also he wanted to bash up Raavan for supposedly beating up those Rishis, when in fact he wanted to bash him up for wanting to touch Sita's favorite Pinak.  Vishwamitra who is now a docile soul calmed him down and left the decision up to Janak.  Ravaan too decided to do the same.  Did he get some sort of conversion at the spot.

5.  Well, Janak who normally is a loving father decided to increase the suspense (was he trying to please his audience - Devtaas and Shiv/Parvati to get higher ratings for his show) and gave Ravaan the permission to do so, much to Sita's dismay and Urmila's displeasure.  Urmila true to her nature gave a very wise advise to Sita to not to marry the demon even if he lifts the bow and strings it successfully.  She had a point.  Why call it Swayamvar (choosing one's husband) when it was just an exam of prospective grooms with Sita as a prize?  At least, Draupadi had an option to reject suitors whom she didn't want to participate.  It is another thing that she ended up rejecting the one (Karan) who was truly worthy of her and wouldn't have shared her with brothers.  So Sita should have that choice too if it was a true swayamvar.

6.  Anyway,  Sita closed her eyes ( I do the same when India is playing a cricket match that goes until the last over) to avoid watching unpleasant results with Ram looking grim, Lakshman angry and Vishwamitra in Nirvana state.  She didn't know that Janak had actually set the grounds for Ram to enter the swayamvar and for Mahadev to be once again proven right.  So the drum rolls start tomorrow.

Precap:  Lakshman comes true to his form.  But Mahadev mentioned that he would have an important role to play tomorrow.  Is he going to encourage Ram to get up and break the bow so that he can rub it in his ex-devotee's (or current devotee once Ravaan figures that out) face?  
Edited by Angie12 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shivamala thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Angie well done, I always look for your comments. I enjoyed reading, keep it coming. 
Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
You are working very hard by writing this long observations.Really Thanks.

But no one is interested to give comments.That's very sad.I appreciate your work.You have written more than Written Updates.😳😛
Myra.nelly thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Angie, nice one..lovely to read..i too liked the latest episodes..Sita's eagerness is very cute, like her confindence in wanting Ram as her husband..it was nice seeing them kinda eye-talking and smiling to eachother..they were like:"Ram:See all these are failing, dnt worry..ill do it, then we can marry!
Sita:Yes they are amusing, And I trust you!" 😆
I too liked her friend, she had a point..no one is forcing her to accept just any groom. This Ravan was funny, these overconfidentand bragging people always amuse me..
Enjoyed the epi..looking forward for next..
Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shivamala

Angie well done, I always look for your comments. I enjoyed reading, keep it coming. 

Shivmala,  thanks for liking it.  It is good to interact with you again on a different forum.
Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Proud-India

You are working very hard by writing this long observations.Really Thanks.

But no one is interested to give comments.That's very sad.I appreciate your work.You have written more than Written Updates.😳😛

Thanks, Proud.  It is easier for me to write long observations than in a succinct manner as some of my friends from a previous forum would state.😊

However,  this is one of the quietest forum where I have participated so far.  Probably, it has to do with the fact that Parvati has been replaced or the CVs are showing Ramayan in Mahadev.  Hopefully, now that Mohit will be playing Hanuman, there will be more interest in the forum.

Personally speaking, I am liking this version of Ramayan for the most part, as this is one of the best interpretations of Sita I have seen so far on TV.   Sita is the main character that attracts me to Ramayan.  Of course, I am also interested in seeing other characters as multi-dimensional too.  That's why I am missing Manish Wadwa's complex Raavan whom I would have liked to see interacting with Hanuman, Sita and Ram.  And I also wish the execution would be similar to what they used to have during the Sati time period which to me represents the best period of Mahadev show.

Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Myra.nelly

Angie, nice one..lovely to read..i too liked the latest episodes..Sita's eagerness is very cute, like her confindence in wanting Ram as her husband..it was nice seeing them kinda eye-talking and smiling to eachother..they were like:"Ram:See all these are failing, dnt worry..ill do it, then we can marry!
Sita:Yes they are amusing, And I trust you!" 😆
I too liked her friend, she had a point..no one is forcing her to accept just any groom. This Ravan was funny, these overconfidentand bragging people always amuse me..
Enjoyed the epi..looking forward for next..

Myra, I liked their scene and they did have the expressions that showed this type of thoughts.  Ram was looking quite happy staring at Sita and seeing everyone fail.

Urmila is not only her friend, but she is also Sita's sister.  Sita was adopted by Janak and Sunaina.  Urmila was born shortly after Janak found Sita and adopted her.  So she is their blood daughter.  Raavan is just like a balloon who is going to get burst.  I was liking Narad's comments in the sky while Raavan was going on and on with his bragging.

By the way, do you understand this pure Hindi or are you getting subtitles when you watch this show.  I know that Zee's shows have subtitles.  But I am not sure about Life Ok's shows as it has limited presence overseas.
kaatayani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@ angie.. i absolutely love your observation...

it's Raavan's turn to make a poker face in 2day's episode and yes.. u guessed it right... Lakshman will burst out an encourage Ram.. and Vishwa sir will be inspired to make his disciple get going...!!

PS: as a law student.. what interested me the most was the fact that the first Jurisdictional issue was raised by Raavan.. as regards to the fact that whether he can attend the swayamvar or not...😎
Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kaatayani

@ angie.. i absolutely love your observation...

it's Raavan's turn to make a poker face in 2day's episode and yes.. u guessed it right... Lakshman will burst out an encourage Ram.. and Vishwa sir will be inspired to make his disciple get going...!!

PS: as a law student.. what interested me the most was the fact that the first Jurisdictional issue was raised by Raavan.. as regards to the fact that whether he can attend the swayamvar or not...😎

🤣 Thanks Kaatayani,  this is so great about Raavan raising the first jurisdictional issue.  That he did and he also set a precedent.  Now nobody can stop Ram from making a try of lifting the bow. 

Are you sure that it would be Vishwa sir who will be inspiring his disciple?  The promo shows that it would be Ram's buddy Mahadev who would be encouraging his best friend/brother-in-law (Parvati did make Vishnu her brother). 
Edited by Angie12 - 10 years ago
misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks Angie for your thoughts. Liked them. Now mine will be short compared to what you have written.😉 Actually I will be extremely worried if you start writing short thoughts...

So the things I liked regarding yesterday's episode. Some of the points I have already mentioned in the update thread.
1) Lakshman's anger and him wanting to teach Ravan a lesson. I had a big smile on my face seeig him angry. Now the real Laksman is back and I hope he stays like this. Actually now I want to see an argument between Urmila and Lakshman.
2) Also liked Ram protesting to Vishwamitra and his restrained anger.
3)Liked watching Sita's expressions and he apprehension. Also liked the exchange of glances between Sita and Ram. Felt very bad for Sita when Janka allowed Ravan to take part. Sita does not know that Janak knows that nothing wrong will happen. I also liked Sita running to the idol of Gauri to voice her fears and still being apprehensive regarding what is going to happen.
4) Liked Urmila telling Sita that even f Ravan manages to string the dhanush, she does not have to marry him.
5) Like Narad's background commentary

What I did not like...
The way they are projecting Ravan. He is too one dimensional for me and is irritating me. I also have this urge to hold his horns and shake his head.