Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Guys...what's going to happen will happen. As of now the show is safe and you never know it could turn out to be a bonus. SLB wasn't involved for a long time anyway. I just hope Utkarsh and the other writers stay.

LazyLad14 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Reemz*

Guys...what's going to happen will happen. As of now the show is safe and you never know it could turn out to be a bonus. SLB wasn't involved for a long time anyway. I just hope Utkarsh and the other writers stay.

so sad..briilant show like this...has 2 deals so many rubbish..that's why we dont have good shows n artist ..on tv..ppl prefer 2 watch a movies..where there is quality .n art..
twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Friends ...          🤗

So the Good news ... the  Show will not go off air soon..        😊

and the Bad news ... It is no longer going to be a SLB Production .       😲

Well , i do not know what to say ... It is a Shocker indeed. 

just hoping that before handing over the charge to the new Production House ,SLB would have asked them to atleast broadly follow the Book ... atleast the spirit of the book should be followed to justify the name of the Show    (with the ending being of course changed to SAMUD reuniting ) 

and any idea about what the new PH is like ?? 

Have never seen Baalika Vadhu ... just know that it has been going on for years and years.   
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: twila

Friends ... 🤗

So the Good news ... the Show will not go off air soon.. 😊

and the Bad news ... It is no longer going to be a SLB Production . 😲

Well , i do not know what to say ... It is a Shocker indeed.

just hoping that before handing over the charge to the new Production House ,SLB would have asked them to atleast broadly follow the Book ... atleast the spirit of the book should be followed to justify the name of the Show (with the ending being of course changed to SAMUD reuniting )

and any idea about what the new PH is like ??

Have never seen Baalika Vadhu ... just know that it has been going on for years and years.

No idea Twila. Never saw it.
khanrocks thumbnail
It's a populer show and lead pair have a lot of chemistry
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Reemz*

It doesnt matter if the story is followed. And we get the same quality
-Ivy- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Arshi... Admire your optimism and the free-spirited nature of your broken lines today. Again, our troop leader striketh to impart some much needed wisdom & direction! Thank you 🤗

A detour first:

Really conflicted as to latest developments... So the show is safe, for now, but will down the line any of us even recognize the SC that led to much intellectual stimulation, once? Reserving judgement on that for now. My biggest initial draw to SC was SLB (his vision, sensibilities, style and artistic integrity) and now that has up and gone. Despite whatever else, the man used to sign off conscientiously on each week's batch of scripts, amending and adding as per his creative fancy and prowess. He was well-versed with the 'source' having used it as inspiration for his major motion pictures as well... So let us take a moment to felicitate the man, his magic and his creative vision which SC has in some sense "renounced". All else aside, SLB was magic, pure class and prestige. His 'golden touch' and 'refined artistic sensibility' on its own merit, will be really and truly missed. Sanjay Sir & team... Thank you for a hundred-bit-plus brilliant episodes, they will be forever replayed on YouTube 👏

So I went back to last week's episodes... After Wed's epi, the discrepancies noticed in the usual SC style and tenor are starting to make sense. Seems like it was thereabouts that channel started to get free reign with the project. Hence first "spoon-feed"... Which was so unlike... Forceful, explicit where SC was renowned and celebrated for the intricate, the implicit and the subtle. That was Kumud. Before that was Kalika... All verve and spunk removed in the blink of a mangalsutra tearing. On Monday, Saras went absolutely out-of-order committing another trespass when he had as much as vowed to only support and not add-on, to not taunt Kumud anymore... The convo in kitchen was completely dis-aligned to how his character had been progressing till now. Monday also, Alak was 'revealed'... Or rather I would say, 'squandered'... Just to what, threaten Kumud? Even that facet, the intention got lost in execution. Alak had brilliant mystery potential, now she has become the foremost W*F character... Shame. And today, Dukhbaa got "awakened"... Seemed like for the first time since Kumud's wedding and so shocked were the rest by her awakening, that they all appeared to forget their own lines. What was THAT about?!? 😕 The only thing I can conclude, is that character meddling has started to make them more palatable, more blatantly accessible to the TRP/TVT masses. And the only thing we can do is get ready for the unanticipated and become used to resetting our analytical markers as per the inclinations of each episode, and (to us) "logic ki vaats". 

Today's episode: Watching it was akin to a forceful workout, with mind gears protesting in exasperation at the end: Why on Earth can't you watch telly like a normal viewer?! 

Let's start with what I did not like... The last bit. Absolutely detested it. Pramad in VC haveli is just so wrong. It's insanctity (my word), it's sacrilege, it's desecration... It's sullying the pure air and clean open lines of the haveli with alcoholic fumes, and vices too many to count. A swarm of black locusts have descended upon the pure brilliance of the lotus pool 🤢 (Loved your words for Saras, in his perspective, for that Arshi... Utterly beautiful 👏)

The best part of the Epi goes to Birthday Boy, GR for his phone convo with "Mai"... The hesitation, the pain, the torment in his eyes, the assault of memories beseiging him... Bloody-frickin'-brilliant! That one word... "MAA"... Way it was conveyed... So much emotional charge *standing-frickin-ovation* 👏

Today's epi as you say Arshi, was good... Just needed some re-setting of theories and a willingness to go with the narrative and character flow... Best part, symbolisms reigned and markers were also to be found... Not placed with elan, tho, rather scattered haphazardly but at least they were there... Like a familiar, comforting friend. That much was enough 😳

Kumud and Pramad - So Kumud seems to have decoded Pramad as a super-spoilt brat who needs his pocket money and a big bully who cowers when his game moves are turned upon him. Oh and like all other mega-prats, he is super-afraid of Daddy. Good on K for stopping that hand (Nayi Soch 👏). For banishing Kalika and making Pramad concede this once. But he will come back at the right time to ostensibly strike her unawares. That is the mark of a true bully... Cue another life-attempt on Kumud, with Saras playing Superman once more? (Okay, I cheated and read up spoilers. At this point, I consider 'em fair game 😃) But you can see the effort it takes for Alpha Kumud to stand up to Pramad still. This is only because of what lies straight ahead for them. Family is both Kumud's Alpha and Beta-heel. And Pramad has picked up on that, cunningly. So for me, this one was a draw. She rattled him on the outside, but he rattled her on the inside and shook her confidence some. Great scene... Kudo's to Aanshul and Jennifer for portraying the nuances and both the evident and imperceptible power-plays to a T 👏 Jennifer's petiteness was also used to great effect... It made for a striking shot... A poster for "female empowerment"... Just as in the scene with Pramad-Saras-BD. Both S & K have held their heads high in front of Pramad now. Ergo, this was a significant stride for Kumud. She is walking the talk (to Saras), finally 👏

Hence, REALLY appreciated Saras not committing another trespass today. The feet device again used to great effect. Seeing Kumud, his feet visibly halted. You could see that it was not in Saras' nature to just let Kumud be, in obvious distress as he could see. "In love" is what is in his nature, impulse, action driven by emotion and ehsaas, and a tie that draws him to Kumud always. So what he did today, walking on, with perceptible difficulty away from her, was "unnatural" for him. But "love" demands that. "Love" is going to take Saras square out of his comfort zone and make him discard one-by-one all his previous modus operandi's. "Love" is going to change him, and hopefully make an even better man out of him. But it won't be easy, because it will on some level, require him to forfeit the innate. Kumud, on the other hand, was oblivious to him. Her priorities right now, lie elsewhere and she would rather Saras be a staunch pillar, not an obstacle, and not a lovelorn, heartbroken puppy either, one that she can easily stumble over. To fatal results. Thus, the "mature" phase of their equation starts, and the onus for the heavy-lifting is all on Saras here. 

Intercut with Dukhbaa, VC et all convo: In the last episode, the diya dying out represented the tender flame of hope that Guniyal has nurtured as to Kumud's marital fate and Pramad's revealed "face" all this long. It was also significant that the flame went out by contact with Guniyal's hand. Perhaps signifying her culpability and prominence in upcoming revelations, but today, it was Dukhbaa who took the initiative and the stand (the two sub-divisions) of Gunnsundari working in tandem? One rises and the other recedes, perhaps? It also got me thinking further along the "Three Mothers Theory": MIL has re-binded her ties on Kumud, despite whatever conditions, K imposed. Saraswati: Kumud is now sharing her fate (promiscuous husband). So will the "third Mother" (Guniyal/Dukhbaa) further "bind" Kumud or strive for her release? One "bind" is already in place, that of the "daughter of an ideal homemaker" expected to follow in her footsteps... Cutting that bind however is, the fateful and tragic, ever-present precedent of Dukhbaa... Shot-gun wedding, husband from hell. That "cut" was implemented explicitly today and in a rather momentous way. Ragini Shah is a formidable artist and she brought a lot of dignity, resolve and righteousness in the way she vowed to prevent Kumud from ever returning to BD's if the doubts got proven true. This was a running question throughout today's episode, voiced by so many, in so many different ways: Whether K will come back to sasuraal or not, and what will happen thence? The question that was hidden tho is whether Pramad will come back or not to BD's? Is this the way paved for his exit? Or maybe I'm thinking too much and all this is just a big red-herring... Let's wait and see 😳 However, the cut implemented today can only have effect if Kumud is witness to it. Like the ties that have binded her thus far. So holding out for a Badi Maa, K heart-to-heart, and Dukhbaa giving both Kumud and Pramad a third degree in her exclusive, dangerous style. 

Kumud-Saras, BD family interaction: Special mention, Saras and Kumud were in their Radha-Krishna avatar... She in Red and he in Blue. Another special mention, Pramad's "respectable" attire, very politician-types, more like how BD's "ideal son" would dress. Of course this is how VC and family already view Pramad, the virtues of BD and his good deeds are projected on P, and it just seemed like he was maintaining the grand illusion. He was reflecting back to everyone in the mirror (his family and VC family) what they wanted to see in him. It was cultivated deception. But not for too long. Witness how the china set broke? By Kalika, no less. It represented a shattering of illusions, but for whom? Whose mirror (illusion, belief, trust, hope) is going to shatter in the upcoming episodes? VC and family regarding Pramad? BD and family regarding Saras? Will Saras-Kumud be exposed, or will Pramad-Kalika? Also loved the way Saras was standing next to Kumud and in the middle of "husband-wife" when Pramad came, and how when he tried to leave, Pramad was the one who stopped him, thereby reiterating Saras' presence as Kumud's shelter and shield. Also ominous was the way the "Saras as ideal naukar/son" marker was re-visited. Perhaps signifying that BD is coming closer to the verge of a personal topple from the pinnacle of trust and faith he has placed in Saras? 

Alak... Expression, yes, Arshi, Bravo to her for that. But why such expression, at all? Had the Alak-Kumud utterly baffling convo not happened, I would have temporarily ventured that Alak detests the charade of respectability Pramad is putting on... Hence her giving Pramad the expression she normally reserves for dim-wit hubby Indresh. But then... She supports and endorsed this charade yesterday. She made sure Kumud was given the renewed push to ensure she played along. The only thing I can conclude hence is that Alak realises, by virtue of being siblings, that her fortune, her aspirations, her image and reputation (and that of her family's) is tied with Pramad (a veritable loose-cannon). This she accepts but she doesn't have to like it. In fact, the v thought of demon Pramad let loose in VC's haveli scares the living daylights outta her. To paraphrase a quote from "Raanjhanaa", Alak ki phatt rahi thhi aaj... 😆 And that bravado with Kumud yesterday was to mask her weak point. Alak is all about image and respectability, of her and her father. Quite like Kumud, but quite unlike her at the same. They both will take refuge in charades but for differing ends and motivations. 

The phone convo between Dukhbaa and MIL was weird and funny... Like laugh-out-loud... Why were the two joyously screaming at each other... Have the magical phone connection lines of SC world struck again? Perfect for some conversations and full of static for others? The ensuing part was full, pure, class GR magic... Nuance, charge, modulation and brilliant orbs betraying a million torments 👏 The way he approaches the harmless device, as though it were an emotional-stick of C4, his wavering hand and trembling fingers... The way he painfully gripped the reciever, the softening of his expression, the lost-little-boy peeking through the man, awakened by the sound of his "Mother"... The precious call from his heart, bursting out of him, uncontrollably... "Maa"... No body says "Maa" the way GR as Saras does 👏 Then the shock of realisation, the forced harsh inflection, replacing one full of love and craving, of moments before. The way he replaced the phone. As though the device were suddenly glowing green. Yes, it was, for that moment the phone was the deadliest Kryptonite. A lifeline, that he could not clutch. One that he had to let go of and willingly drown, in pain and hurt. 

GR for "Yeh shaadi hi Kumud ka durbhagya hai. Iske saamne kya shagun aur kya apshagun" 👏 What a potent, all-encompassing line. Said said much and yet left so much, unsaid. Perfect lines and perfect delivery. Twenty outta ten! ⭐️

Desecration sequence 🤢: Curious mention, Dukhbaa holding back. Eagerly waiting to hear her first impression of married Kumud. Wanna see if Badi Maa can still read her laadli right, or will Kumud succeed in dissembling here too? So, the charade begins. And warning signs are peppered all along the way for the Desai's, if only they see with their heart and instinct and with not their convictions. Kumud is going to keep up the facade of happy matrimony, she has every incentive to. I'm literally begging for Pramad to break some stuff here and be true to form with Kumud. Whatever it'll take for the Desai's to realise and for Dukhbaa to act upon her proclamation. Wishful thinking, I know. Kumud is going to portray Raavan as Ram. Btw, "Krishna" was so acutely missed... You said it best, Arshi ji... Aashiana... Not only the place, but the people too. Saras has made himself bereft of both.

Edited by IdiotViewer - 10 years ago
hotdogg thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IdiotViewer

Really conflicted as to latest developments... So the show is safe, for now, but will down the line any of us even recognize the SC that led to much intellectual stimulation, once? Reserving judgement on that for now. My biggest initial draw to SC was SLB (his vision, sensibilities, style and artistic integrity) and now that has up and gone. Despite whatever else, the man used to sign off conscientiously on each week's batch of scripts, amending and adding as per his creative fancy and prowess. He was well-versed with the 'source' having used it as inspiration for his major motion pictures as well... So let us take a moment to felicitate the man, his magic and his creative vision which SC has in some sense "renounced". All else aside, SLB was magic, pure class and prestige. His 'golden touch' and 'refined artistic sensibility' on its own merit, will be really and truly missed. Sanjay Sir & team... Thank you for a hundred-bit-plus brilliant episodes, they will be forever replayed on YouTube 👏

Ivy-
Agree with you 1000%.👍🏼

Take a bow SLB - it was a magical journey. His touch & presence will be sorely missed.
ClapClapClap

The epis which he supervised are downloaded & stored (in HD ..no less 😊).
For me personally, these will forever remain a part of a collection of prized assets one normally accumulates over one's life-time.

BTW: It's a dinner table talking point in my extended family - the guy who had utter disdain for Hindi shows / never saw any / made fun of us for seeing such (And I have had my moments on this aspect!!) - now acting like a fanboy. A few cousins had started to see SC only to check out What exactly is this show I am going crazy about?)
😳

As usual, loved your interpretation on the sub-text and the undercurrents flowing through the epi.

Yesterday, I decided to wait a while before making further emotional commitment to the show.
I will see how it progresses over the next few days.

It is painful to see expectations dashed.
I prefer to happily remain back in the almost perfect SLB legacy rather than getting sucked into 'feeling' for the show only to see it go all scatter-brained.

If that were to happen, I believe scatter-braining will travel back to poison the enjoyment from the almost perfection already created.

To quote from my earlier post in this thread:
Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps; for he is the only animal that is stuck with the difference between what things are and what they ought to be.   - William Hazlitt

Anyway till such time I get actively involved again, I still have the wonderful denizens of the CB thread who I am sure will always uplift the most mundane to something significantly better.

Edited by hotdogg - 10 years ago
-Ivy- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hgg bhai... M hedging my bets too now. Right now, as you say, its pure curiousity to see where this will go, giving the new PH the benefit of the doubt just because of the investment already made in the show, in narrative and in characters... However, that "golden glow" I had associated with SC has been snuffed out. So has the 'reverence'... Irrevocably 😭

Loved the quote (applies perfectly to us lunatic yet discerning viewers here), and yes CB is a happy, englightening safe and secure place, as always. If not for CB, this was where I would've determinedly jumped ship 😊

Edit: I can imagine the route dinner-table convo's must be taking 😆 I've been battling kinda the same, at work. By my own doing. Thankfully, there, I can at least pull rank 😈
Edited by IdiotViewer - 10 years ago
vidz2122 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
crispy crispy bytes as always
and loved badi maa
and the phone convo btwn maai and saras wat just out of the world
and why all the bad news chasing SC i'm fed up with this
and SP is sooo irritating they dont deserve shuch a unique show if they want to stop SC let them stop telecasting it we will watch in DD
go to hell SP