khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
When PH roped in Sara to play the character of Shalu, they must have thought that she would be the catalyst to finally bring the show out of doldrums. Her char is shown lusting after a much married man and dat man being none other the the beloved male lead. Time and again it has been proved that it is a cardinal sin in Indian soaps to have alternative pairing with leads, so Shalu was doomed to start with. PH then committed another grave sin by giving her more screen time than the leads themselves and then being portrayed as the protagonist. So any chances of her char growing on ppl was firmly put to rest. In fact this had the opposite affect , as insecure about their leads' importance being undermined. the loyal viewers started demanding the exit of her char irrespective and the crescendo reached to such a level tht not only did they want her to leave, but had sadistic ideas abt how her char can come to an end.😲

Now that the CVs r trying to redeem Shalu's char, the chorus for her ouster has only grown louder. Y? Coz ppl don't want to empathize with her char, which they dread would happen if ppl start relating to her and hence the insecurity of her presence via-a-vis the main leads make ppl totally opposed to her char.

Also not only is her char taht is bashed, but her physical appearance, acting (which btw she is doing a fabulous job of) and her personal char too isn't spared.In the show der r other negative chars, but haven't come across such personal bashing for them. In fact amazingly der is a lot of drooling for dem.😕

Also when PH brought in Sara it must have hoped to increase the trps of the show. But as seen that did not happen. There must be at least a few viewers like yours truly who satrted watching the show only after Sara's entry. Then Y still low TRPs? That's coz the character of Shalu has been so pathetically etched tht it must be difficult for even her die hard fans to relate to it.. And the cherry on the cake being the CVs hv messed it further by showing such inconsistencies in the char.

Also the tension is literally palpable when IP-Shalu come face to face and have their confrontation and the atmosphere is surcharged. In fact when I watch their scenes together, I wonder whether Sara and Aditya don't get along well in real too, coz tht's how it comes across. And if dey do get along well then amazing acting! If this is not chemistry then what is? In fact not only IP,  but the chemistry is evident between Shalu and Meera with their taana maar and Shalu and Lakhan with their one upmanship.

So team Junoon lost the plot and the gamble. It's time for Sara to cut her losses and exit from Junoon.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7
Good post Munira.

I know you like Sara Khan's acting , and it is defficult for you to ask her to leave Junoon.

I agree with you . Cvs and PH came with the bad ideas for Shalu char. They thought of making her intresting, funny, indearing, even her music is a celprating one. But they made those mistakes.

Maybe if they showed us IP from the biggining . And made some misunderstandings ..like which we saw in Indian movies (Aankhee, Gharwali Baharwali, Saajan chali Sasural, Judwan, Duplicate. Maybe viewers will react deffirently with her.

Alas . All what we hope for it now is to get Shalu out of Junoon as soon as possible. And try to make the serial more intresting.
😊
prem_diwani thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
agree with both of u ...  and I also agree sara has completed her role in the story so no amount of backtracking will help her. 
Personally I think she has taken as much flak as any screen vamp in other shows.

Yes she has done well to make us dislike her but at the cost of our sanity .. with the drawl n all...We have zero interest in relating with her, so the effort they r putting in is in vain. 

Yes the scenes with Adi are super coz he is such a fantastic actor that he takes the worst and makes it watchable. Lately she has begun putting an effort in the scenes and is backed by a dialog writer for her lines vs the rona dhona lines they give meera. 

I'll stop now lest Im accused of bashing ur post - which I'm not - so lets both raise a toast when sara leaves.. both for joy of what we both have said before different reasons - same destination...  She moves on.
khamosshhh thumbnail
Didn't expect any comments so thnx for commenting Awida and prem_dewani.

@p_d - BTW it was Sara's BF who was driving and already he has mentioned on his FB status tht dey both r fine. So I think all who left the scene were just being practical and left the person driving to explain abt the accident.😊
khamosshhh thumbnail

Originally posted by: awida

Good post Munira.

I know you like Sara Khan's acting , and it is defficult for you to ask her to leave Junoon.

I agree with you . Cvs and PH came with the bad ideas for Shalu char. They thought of making her intresting, funny, indearing, even her music is a celprating one. But they made those mistakes.

Maybe if they showed us IP from the biggining . And made some misunderstandings ..like which we saw in Indian movies (Aankhee, Gharwali Baharwali, Saajan chali Sasural, Judwan, Duplicate. Maybe viewers will react deffirently with her.

Alas . All what we hope for it now is to get Shalu out of Junoon as soon as possible. And try to make the serial more intresting.
😊

No I would really like Sara to leave the show, coz I saw last weeks' episodes yesterday and it's becoming evident tht now Sara's char isn't as intolerable as b4...but as I said ppl will not like it all d more coz then she ends up getting importance and the leads get sidetracked and so more bashing for her.

Also Sara's performance was simply outstanding. They have done away with her exaggeration and she is emoting very well and is outperforming all. This will surely not go down well with the loyal fans of Junoon.
khamosshhh thumbnail

Originally posted by: prem_diwani

agree with both of u ...  and I also agree sara has completed her role in the story so no amount of backtracking will help her. 

Personally I think she has taken as much flak as any screen vamp in other shows.

Yes she has done well to make us dislike her but at the cost of our sanity .. with the drawl n all...We have zero interest in relating with her, so the effort they r putting in is in vain. 

Yes the scenes with Adi are super coz he is such a fantastic actor that he takes the worst and makes it watchable. Lately she has begun putting an effort in the scenes and is backed by a dialog writer for her lines vs the rona dhona lines they give meera. 

I'll stop now lest Im accused of bashing ur post - which I'm not - so lets both raise a toast when sara leaves.. both for joy of what we both have said before different reasons - same destination...  She moves on.

In the scenes with Adi, frankly speaking Sara stole the scenes. She went through a gamut of emotions, from being confused whn Adi accused her of kidnapping Meera to being angry. agressive,disdainful, jealous, insecure and finally sad...she was outstanding. Adi appeared to me quite awkward and fidgety and he only displayed anger. I guess that was all he was expected to display but still not with a lot of conviction.

Meera too as u said seems to just have the rona-dhona look in all episodes. Sara displays so many emotions even in a single scene. But then coz she's so gud and tends to steal the thunder frm others, makes ppl want her out of the show asap.

OyeNautanki thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
The show was already in doldrums when Shalu came in, she managed to take the show to pits and its been there from that time. Yes the PH committed the cardinal sin when they started promoting Shalu as the protagonist and going overboard by praising her on & off screen personality. We Junoonians signed up to watch the show for its off beat take and Mithvi only, anything to undermine them will & shall not be tolerated period. 

Shalu's character has no soul or substance just like IP and i find zilch chemistry b/w them. IP is  tolerated by few because of the Adi's ruggedness & his awesome acting. Pardon the audience for not falling for surgically enhanced fake personality of Shalu which overshadows her possible prowess in acting.

So if you ask why Shalu is still on the show? coz of MYP & PH's big fat ego. She was brought in with all the fanfare and they were sure of TRPs taking off coz of her intro. When they fell flat on their big bet, their bruised ego made all stops to prove their point ðŸ¤¢ Now that the BigBoss (TRPs) leaves them no choice to rectify their cardinal sin they should cut their losses and flush out IP & Shalu for good to go back to the original story of Junoon.
khamosshhh thumbnail

Originally posted by: SahanaG

The show was already in doldrums when Shalu came in, she managed to take the show to pits and its been there from that time. Yes the PH committed the cardinal sin when they started promoting Shalu as the protagonist and going overboard by praising her on & off screen personality. We Junoonians signed up to watch the show for its off beat take and Mithvi only, anything to undermine them will & shall not be tolerated period. 

Shalu's character has no soul or substance just like IP and i find zilch chemistry b/w them. IP is  tolerated by few because of the Adi's ruggedness & his awesome acting. Pardon the audience for not falling for surgically enhanced fake personality of Shalu which overshadows her possible prowess in acting.

So if you ask why Shalu is still on the show? coz of MYP & PH's big fat ego. She was brought in with all the fanfare and they were sure of TRPs taking off coz of her intro. When they fell flat on their big bet, their bruised ego made all stops to prove their point ðŸ¤¢ Now that the BigBoss (TRPs) leaves them no choice to rectify their cardinal sin they should cut their losses and flush out IP & Shalu for good to go back to the original story of Junoon.

Thanks for acknowledging that it was the importance given to the Shalu character that led to the insecurity amongst the loyal fans of Junoon that is leading to the high pitch cacophony of ending Shalu's character.

I have read articles speculating about the show ending, but have not come across any abt Shalu's character coming to en end. But as I have said nowadays her char is being tolerable and Sara's performance has been outstanding so I am sure the pitch for her ouster will only increase. BTW I do love how Sara's presence in the show gets attributed to her being friends with the PH to her playing politics to the big fat egos of MYP and PH, to everything but her being The Sara Khan (BTW dis is not the term I use for her, but came to know that's how she is referred to in the TV industry) and her possible acting prowess.😉
Edited by khamosshhh - 10 years ago
OyeNautanki thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for acknowledging that it was the importance given to the Shalu character that led to the insecurity amongst the loyal fans of Junoon that is leading to the high pitch cacophony of ending Shalu's character.

Let me be crystal clear there is no insecurity among us loyal fans about our leads. There is great hatred for Shalu's pathetic character & undue importance given to 2 bit vamp and forgetting the soul of Junoon which are Mithvi and Mithvi only.

I have read articles speculating about the show ending, but have not come across any abt Shalu's character coming to en end. But as I have said nowadays her char is being tolerable and Sara's performance has been outstanding so I am sure the pitch for her ouster will only increase. BTW I do love how Sara's presence in the show gets attributed to her being friends with the PH to her playing politics to the big fat egos of MYP and PH, to everything but her being The Sara Khan (BTW dis is not the term I use for her, but came to know that's how she is referred to in the TV industry) and her possible acting prowess.😉

When there are rumors of show ending, why would there be any fuss about a character which only got flak and nothing else from fans? Shalu's character will always be pathetic to me and Mithvi fans and we couldn't care less if the actor is best buds with MYP/PH. Maybe i live in an alternate world coz the prowess i've heard about Sara Khan is only restricted to jobs she's gotten, the men she's dating and the bikinis she's worn ðŸ˜‰ This is Pretty much what  google had to say coz i hadn't heard the name before she came to Junoon, PH thought that bringing in Item girl would up the TRPs. BTW,12goan cast had the best acting prowess PH could ever get.

I will not reply anymore to this post, as its clearly being made to rile & instigate the members like the many similar posts. Sara Khan should be happy that her one fan is still making noise for her character in this forum.  
khamosshhh thumbnail

Originally posted by: SahanaG

Let me be crystal clear there is no insecurity among us loyal fans about our leads. There is great hatred for Shalu's pathetic character & undue importance given to 2 bit vamp and forgetting the soul of Junoon which are Mithvi and Mithvi only.

When there are rumors of show ending, why would there be any fuss about a character which only got flak and nothing else from fans? Shalu's character will always be pathetic to me and Mithvi fans and we couldn't care less if the actor is best buds with MYP/PH. Maybe i live in an alternate world coz the prowess i've heard about Sara Khan is only restricted to jobs she's gotten, the men she's dating and the bikinis she's worn ðŸ˜‰ This is Pretty much what  google had to say coz i hadn't heard the name before she came to Junoon, PH thought that bringing in Item girl would up the TRPs. BTW,12goan cast had the best acting prowess PH could ever get.

I will not reply anymore to this post, as its clearly being made to rile & instigate the members like the many similar posts. Sara Khan should be happy that her one fan is still making noise for her character in this forum.  

Whoa where did that come from???😕

Isn't it the case of the pot calling the kettle black??? I can never stoop that low by getting personal or using derogatory words for even the most disliked ( I don't even use the word hate as it's too strong a word and not worth the effort) character, actor or person and yet u accuse me of instigating and riling fans just coz I used the word insecure?😕 I know what I have written would not go down well with the forum members and that's Y I have said that I was surprised to get any comments for my thread coz I do know that any thread even remotely pro-Sara gets the royal ignore.

Yeah I don't hunt in groups and don't mind being the only one going against the tide to say what I want to say.