Smita Singh talks about her exotic Hong Kong tour

Gaby09 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

The very talented and good looking Smita Singh had a great time recently when she went to the Far East.

"I had gone to Hong Kong on an invitation from the Hong Kong Tourism Board as part of a promotional series to be telecast on a news channel. I travelled all over this former British Colony and one of the best experiences was a visit to the world famous Ocean Park that houses a gigantic aquarium where I saw whales, dolphins and pandas in all their natural glory," 

. "More "More than anything else, I loved the food. What really worked for me is that since I can gorge on any non vegetarian dish, I had a lot of sumptuous meals," she quips.

So did you try out lizards and frogs which are supposed to be the staple diet in that part of the world? "I gorged on everything from fungus beef and pork and when I came back home, my sister sprayed Gangajal (holy water of the Ganga) on me as I ate all kind of food stuffs there. Here, I wish to add that the Indian community there recognized me for my roles in Bhagyavidhaata (Punpunwali) and Hitler Didi (Sunaina Bhabhi and Guru Ma).""But towards the later part of the trip, I suffered an unfortunate accident. I had gone to a Buddhist monastery where I had to climb 263 stairs to have a darshan of the idol. There I also saw a show of Taekwondo and judo. Maybe, this experience brought the spirit of Bruce Lee back into me. So excited was I that while trying to climb the cable car on the way back, I slipped while trying out some stunts as there was water," Smita recalls.

"Having had a nasty fall, I actually fell unconscious. When I came about, I was surrounded by a large number of worried Chinese folks. Luckily, by the grace of God I escaped only hurting my right leg. Otherwise anything could have happened. This incident has again reinforced my belief that I am Destiny's child," Smita believes.

"The doctor has recommended bed rest for two weeks as I am finding it difficult to walk. But this is a big challenge for I am the second edition of Jumping Jack. I, for one, can't sit at one place and always need to move around. I also have to go to the US early next month (Aug 2013) to meet my family," the actress avers.

In the next trip, stay safe Smita!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Heema22 thumbnail
    Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
    Posted: 10 years ago
    Thank you . I will miss her .