Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sdaren thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Part 5

After the incident, Yash and Aarti were back to not crossing each other's path.  Aarti was determined to not let herself be in a vulnerable situation and on Yash's part, he had totally given up hope to find out the reason she walked out on him.

"Perhaps ...it is best this way," he consoled himself.  Yash's engagement with Neelam was a day away and both of them had come to terms with it or at least it appeared so.   Aarti was rarely at home and hardly participated with the happenings at home.  The day the engagement was to take place, Aarti was woken up by the commotion happening downstairs.   She got ready for work as usual and was met with protests by her mother.

"Aarti...please not today, I won't allow it,  you have to be here."

"I'm not needed here, everything is taken care of.  I will just be in the way. I'll be back before the engagement starts," was Aarti's reply to her.

Her mom turned to her dad and with everyone almost threatening her, she had to give up,  it is no use now...

Her mom gave the task of getting Neelam ready for the function and that involved taking her to the saloon, getting her hair and make-up done, Aarti had her hands full.  When they got back up, they were rushed to get ready because there was very little time left.  Aarti hurriedly went to her room to change and got back to help Neelam get ready.

It was this time when someone knocked on the door, Neelam allowed the person in.  Aarti was unperturbed with another person's presence, she carried on with her task until she heard the voice.

"You asked for me, is it something important."  Aarti lifted her face and for a second their eyes met before they quickly looked away.

Neelam who sitting facing the dressing table's mirror moved away and moved towards him leaving the awkward Aarti still standing there with her eyes casted on the floor hoping something or someone could take her away from there that instance.

"How do I look?" Neelam asked embarrassing both Yash and Aarti with her question.  He stared at the reflection of Aarti in the mirror for some time before answering,

"You look great." As soon as he said that he walked away feeling more confused and angry with himself. 

Here he was getting engaged in a few hours and the only thought in his mind was Aarti.  

...In the past;

"Yash...Aarti is coming here," Prateik said which prompted Yash to turn around and look.  He realised his folly when there was no sight of her.

"Well...that was a bad joke," Yash remarked and Prateik laughed at him.

"So...what is brewing between both of you?"

"Nothing...," Yash appeared evasive.

Their conversation drifted to sports and other stuff yet Yash's mind was transfixed on only one person.  He kept looking at his watch and then around him hoping she might appear.  Then when she did appear, his eyes were glued on her, admiring her.  Aarti sat down and talked mostly to Prateik until he left them alone, they carried on with their lesson as usual.

If Yash was distracted by Aarti's mere presence then the weather made the distractions even more, the wind blew a couple of times in their direction and often times strands of Aarti's hair would fall on his face.  He slowly moved them away but not before taking in the sweet intoxicating smell.

Yash had the same effect on Aarti even though she tried her best to act normal but she found herself catching glimpses of him when his attention was not her and drawing conclusion that she was attracted to him, nothing more.

Before they were done, Yash asked, "Do you want to hang-out this weekend?"

Aarti gave it a thought and answered, "Yes...I'd like that."  Both went on with the promise to meet during the weekend.  

Their date progressed on a friendly note since they were not officially a couple and had in fact never declared any feelings for each other.  There moments where they would innocently flirt with each other but it stopped there.   Yet Yash wanted to take one step forward so he made some effort.

"Aarti...," he said, paused and later continued, "do have anyone special in your life."

Aarti seemed surprised with the question nevertheless shook her head to indicate a no.   That gave Yash some encouragement and he proceeded to clasp her hand into his.  He gazed deep into her eyes for a long while and mumbled a few words when Aarti quickly pulled her hand away.  Her reaction was unexpected and he remained speechless for the longest time.

"I'm sorry," he later said.  Aarti just smiled the whole episode off whereas Yash was regretful.  He was naturally disappointed and thought perhaps he was wrong in assuming that she was equally interested.  As they couldn't retain the earlier mood they went separate ways.

When they met next, they pretended to act as casually as they probably can but it was no easy task.  Whenever they accidentally touched each other, they felt far more sensation and excitement than what they let out for the other to see. 

Aarti felt the need to justify her actions, she said,  "I'm sorry about how I reacted that day,  actually ...," she was interrupted by Ishita pulling Yash's hand all the while screaming, "Quick...I need your help."

Aarti was disgruntled with this behaviour of Ishita, she kept murmuring under her breath , how inappropriate...how rude... And  made an uncalculated decision to follow them.   She realized soon enough that Ishita had dragged Yash to fix her car problem.   Aarti shook her head in disbelieve, this Ishita is so stupid...she should have called a mechanic, poor Yash.  In the end they had to call one.

When Ishita wanted a lift back home, Aarti jumped to offer herself to drive her back.

"Thank you dear but I would much prefer Yash to send me back if it is not so much trouble ," Ishita said and put him in a spot whereby it would look imprudent if he refused.   Aarti didn't utter another word, she didn't want to create a scene and rational thinking prevailed, "Why should I be bothered, he is not my boyfriend?"  Nonetheless she was a little hurt as they walked away and Yash never turned back to look at her or be concerned about her.

Aarti was restless the whole day after that, at night she couldn't sleep and had to fight the urge to call one of them to feed her curiosity. 

When she met Yash the next day, he commented on how exhausted she looked and told her to get some rest.  Aarti agreed but not before quizzing him about Ishita.  When all Yash did was smile at the question, she felt silly for even having ulterior thoughts.  As for Yash, he was hopeful again, it was a matter of time before she confesses her true feelings and all he needed to do is wait.  For the next couple of days everything was fine and they were spending more and more time together.

One day Aarti was with her two girlfriends, Ishita and Arpita.   The two girls were busy drooling over a guy which prompted Aarti to say,

"What's wrong with you people?  For the past ten minutes all you guys did were stared at him.  I mean if he is interested he would have walked over to this table."

"Hmm...look who's talking.  Why don't you show us the right way?" Arpita said sarcastically.

"I...I'm not interested," Aarti replied.

"Well...that's it right.  You are only good at talking."

That certainly hit her nerves, she got up and straight away went towards the intended person.  It was her bad luck that Yash appeared out of nowhere and landed himself in the middle of this.  When she turned around mildly excited of her triumph at seduction, she saw him staring at her.  She pursed her lips thinking , this can't be good

Before she could explain herself, he dashed from there.  She called out to him but he ignored her and later disappeared into the crowd leaving a miserable Aarti behind.  After being with her gang for a while and feeling not any less miserable she went searching for Yash.

At last when she found him, he refused to even look at her and that really hurt her.

"Yash...Yash."  Yet he was still upset and did not respond.

"It was just an innocent game, the girls pushed me to do it...it meant nothing," she explained.

"Well...you don't have to bother explaining anything to me," Yash finally said something but his tone was curt.

"Yes...I do...I don't want you to think wrong of me ," she said with her eyes on the floor.

"Why does it matter what I think of you?"

Aarti was frustrated with Yash, she couldn't hold it any longer and blurted out,

"Because I-I like you."  She waited for him to say something and when he didn't, she ran from there with tears streaming down her face.

Only then Yash regretted what he did and chased after her.  He stopped her from going further by pulling her arm and wrapped his arms around her.

"I'm sorry ...Aarti."

... In the present;

"Yash ...Yash... It's time now...everyone is here...your mom's here too."  Someone knocked on his door, it jolted him from his thoughts and he started to pace around the room.

"I can't go through this engagement...I need to speak to Neelam," he firmly decided.

note : sorry took long to update...interest to write is too low.  I hope I didn't make this story too boring...you can blame it on my lack of interest.

Edited by Sdaren - 10 years ago
Chitra_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail

I look forward to your updates regularly but am not disappointed but understand the lack of time but dear your interest going low ---- a request -- please continue --- U R a fab writer...and am sure many will agree .

Coming to your update - the frustration and the feelings are well written dear. Simply awesome. Am waiting to know whether the engagement is ON or...not...waiting eagerly.

nirmalac99 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
would say u r one of d fab & gifted writer in PV😊...ll always look forward to read ur FF,Do continue ur FF😳...

loved d Parallel tracks of Past nd Future,d 1 chasing him d other one running away 4m him👏
annirogc thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
its really a intresting story.. update when u get time.. nice part.. waiting for the next part..
caller123 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Great update Jeetu! Thank you for the update.
roserosey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
omg jeetu its a dhak-dhak update 😳😳...⭐️ i loved it ...😃
dont know why i felt butterflies in my stomach at the end of flash back in this update...

omg yash now decided to talk to neelam and break this ongoing preparations of so called engagement...😉 felt gud ...

looking forward to another great update ...😃😉
dont say like that plss do continue u r a fab writer nodoubt in that...i always loook forward to ur updates jeetu 😊...
prachidalmia thumbnail
lovely update
the end looks interesting
waiting to know neelams reaction
still waiting to know what happened in the past that led to aarya breakup
looking forward for the next update
please update soon
Sharlene1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This story is very interesting eagerly looking forward to know what happen in the past and if yash will end his relationship with neelam and reunite with aarti
Folla thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wow amazing update so excited to next part dear don't make us wait the next part
Sdaren thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: chitsri65

I look forward to your updates regularly but am not disappointed but understand the lack of time but dear your interest going low ---- a request -- please continue --- U R a fab writer...and am sure many will agree .

Coming to your update - the frustration and the feelings are well written dear. Simply awesome. Am waiting to know whether the engagement is ON or...not...waiting eagerly.

Thanks Chitra.

Engagement...hmmm❓  will let it be a question mark for now😉