TOI: Actors ready to win hearts-kanchi

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

TV actors who are ready to win hearts again
Rajshree Thakur Vaidya More Pics
After a long hiatus, a handful of television actors are ready to win hearts as they fight the TRP battle

Didn't know when Amardeep Huda of Left, Right, Left had become the centre of your universe? Still skip a heartbeat at his very mention? Good news, soapaholics. Huda aka Vikas Manaktala is likely to return to telly with a talk show. "I am quite open to doing television and films. Talks are on. Hopefully, my fans will see me very soon on the small screen," he tells us.

Vikas isn't the only one. Making a comeback are a host of once-upon-a-time heartthrobs like Cezanne Khan, Varun Badola and Vikas Sethi. The actors, who had long bid the small screen adieu for reasons private and not-so-private, are now signing up for pivotal roles, which they hope will be meaningful and different. This sure is encouraging news at a time the TV industry is seeing a flood of freshers. So, what are you waiting for? See your lucky stars shine, albeit on the tube. 

Kanchi Kaul
Comeback show: Meri Bhabhi
Last show: Maayka
Back after: 4 years
How does it feel to be back: Even when I was not doing soaps as such, I was busy with commercials. I also got married in the meantime. I and Shabir (Ahluwalia) have been travelling for a year. It was like an extended honeymoon. Then Meri Bhabhi came my way and the role excited me. It was not a conscious comeback, as it was never a conscious decision to take a break. I love the medium of TV and don't feel the pressure even though I am back after quite some time.

Simone Singh
Comeback show: Daag Last daily show: Kashish
Back after: 8 years
How does it feel to be back: I am not back yet. I have to start shooting (from mid-August) to feel the rush. I have no issues with the word, 'comeback', as I did take a very long break. I took a backseat after all the shows started airing daily and the pressure became too much to handle. However, I accepted this show as my role is very powerful. I play a grey character, something which my fans haven't seen me doing. In terms of the shooting schedule too, it is not very taxing.

Mazher Sayed
Comeback show: Mrs Pammi Pyarelal
Last show: Chajje Chajje Ka Pyar
Back after: 2 years How does it feel to be back: During these two years, I was busy with the film,Jodi Breakers, and was doing episodics like Crime Patrol and Haunted Nights. However, I am thrilled to be back on a daily soap. I love being in the grind, I love the rush. It is always good to be associated with a new family. I make new friends, new relations every single day and it keeps me excited. Yes, daily soaps do take a toll, but it becomes easier after a couple of shows, as you get used to the pressure.

Sangeeta Ghosh
Comeback show: Kehta Hai Dil...Jee Le Zara
Last daily show: Virasat
Back after: 6 years
How does it feel to be back: I was tired of the whole routine and, hence, took a break. On the first day of the shoot, I was nervous and was thinking 'How do I manage?'. Luckily, I was comfortable from the word go. I started from where I had left and got the same respect that I did earlier. In these six years, I was busy with my personal life and now, thankfully, I'm managing both well. I have been working from the age of 10, and there comes a point when you want to take time out for yourself and those you love. For me, it's never about money or fame.

Shakti Anand
Comeback show: Maharana Pratap
Last daily show: Godh Bharai
Back after: 3 years How does it feel to be back: It never felt as if I was on a break since I was always associated with soaps. Just that I was making them. Though there was no dearth of offers, in my heart of hearts, I knew something was missing, as people knew me by my past glories. There was nothing new for them to associate me with and say, 'Waah iss serial mein kya kaam kia hai!' Making a comeback is no big deal, but it was necessary to be back with a good show. 

Rajshree Thakur
Comeback show: Maharana Pratap Last daily show: Saat Phere Back after: 4 years How does it feel to be back: Saat Phere went on for long, and a break was necessary. However, in these four years, I've missed work because madness ki adat ho gayi thi. I had got many offers during my sabbatical, but I was waiting for the right opportunity. It felt good that people didn't forget me.Pehle din thodi hichkichaht thi, but it never felt that I'm back after a big gap. However, balancing personal and professional fronts is a problem. But when you get good feedback from fans, you know that it's worth it.