IF Videos viewable on iOS/Android phones/tablets

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Hi All,

Just wanted to share a small announcement that we have recently upgraded our media servers which will enable our site visitors who are using smartphones / tablets to surf  to watch all the videos that we upload in our India-Forums Video section. Please note this is restricted to users with iOS / Android.

Since all the videos requires to be converted in a particular format so that it can be served on Mobile devices it will take us a week or two to update the entire video library. But for the moment our users can enjoy all the recent ones.

So far I have tested it on the following devices:

• iPhone 5
  • iPad 2
  • Samsung Note 2
For Android users please try either Dolphin / Chrome browser as few members reported that with Opera its not working.

Please do let us know if its working on your smartphone / tablet or not?

The URL that needs to be checked for testing is: http://www.india-forums.com/video/television/288825-shakti-in-jhalak-house-to-support-her-sister-mukti.htm

So far we have managed to update all the videos of 2013.

Update:

07 August 2013 -  All videos of 2012 have all been updated and uploaded for mobile viewing.

Cheers,
Vijay
Edited by vijay - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vijay thumbnail
a) Well I am sure you have already noticed the small change that we made in the PM Inbox / Outbox page of our site which shows members name in the Group color so that its easier for our members to differentiate between a Newbie and IF-Stunnerz / Coolbies or DT members.

b) Updated the codes and optimzed the images further so that it takes further less time to load pages and also save on the bandwidth especially for mobile users. Our site when tested on Google PageSpeed it got a score of 94/100 for the homepage. Which is really good but we will further try to acheive the 100 mark.😊

We hope you like these new changes. 😊
Edited by vijay - 10 years ago
*Dev.* thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
In my view,
The new changes like the change in PM box & Outbox as well is amazing since now we can differentiate between PMs at earliest.👏

Also, now the videos are compatible to Android & other formats, this will help alot of users since in our working schedule , we check I-F & now videos will also work , will be really nice.😳

Thankyou for all changes. Keep Improving the Site day by day Vijay sir.👏

One more thing i wanna ask , Kindly think about making Chat system just like Facebook . It is advanced.😊
Edited by *Dev.* - 10 years ago
-bonbon- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the new upgrades made to the site, Vijay sir. My inbox definitely looks more colorful now! It's great that we can now use other aspects of the site on our various devices if need be.  Edited by .Kriti. - 10 years ago
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
^ Thanks for the new upgrades make to the site, Vijay Sir. 👍🏼
Now  viewing IF thro' tablet's / smartphones made more enjoyable. 😃
krystel21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Hi Vijay, thanks for this! Surely the PM inbox looks colorful and it is easier to make out who exactly is sending us PMs. If you could also look into more options for the PM service such as forwarding PMs, a trash bin in our PM inbox, groups, selecting more than 20 members at a time, it would also be very helpful. I trust that you are working on this and you'll soon come up with a solution.

I've got a Galaxy on me and I'll test the video sometime later in the day.

Thanks for this, and looking forward to more changes!

Best,

Ritchelle
.Mohabbatein. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
thanks vijay bhai! vijay bhai can it be possible if we can send more than 20 members pm at a time. like if anyone have 300+ buddies its takes lot of time to send 300 buddies pm also if there is a option of "forward button * in pm  Edited by -Wild_Desire- - 10 years ago
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Not working on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Vijay...😕
flirtatious. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
YOU SHOULD MAKE AN INDIA FORUMS APP!!! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!
vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: visrom

Not working on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Vijay...😕

Did you try the URL that is mentioned on my post or another Video URL? And secondly please tell me what is written just above the video is it saying "Android" or something else?

Regards