TOI: Actors in comeback mode-Kanchi/Vipul

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

9 telly stars in comeback mode
9 telly stars in comeback mode
Taking a look at the stars who are ready for a comeback:

Cezanne Khan: He became a telly sensation asAnuragBasu in Kasautii Zindagi Key (2001), but a slew of forgettable roles later, (his last appearance being Seeta Aur Geeta in 2009),Cezanne returns to play the male lead inEktaKapoor'sTera Mera Rishta Purana

Sangeeta Ghosh: After scorching the tube inDes Mein Nikla Hoga Chand, sultry Sangeeta (whose last soap was in Rabba Ishq Na Hove in 2006, followed by a stint in Zara Nachke Dikha in 2010) made an aborted attempt in Bolly films. Now Sangeeta who's recently married, will essay the lead in Kehta Hai Dil... Jee Le Zara where she's paired opposite Ruslaan Mumtaz.

Vipul Gupta: He won nubile hearts in India Calling (2005), followed it with a few shows and small roles in films. Vipul's now back in Meri Bhabhi. 
Starspeak: "People refer to this show as my comeback as I left TV on a high note. Even though I did few shows in between, people noticeMeri Bhabhi as it's a big show."

Anuj Sachdeva: After a two-year outing in Sabki Laadli Bebo (2011), Anuj had a brief stint in Phir Subah Hogi. He is back as the lead ofChhanchhan opposite Sanaya Irani. 
Starspeak: "I'm selective about my projects and only do shows that I connect to."

Sneha Wagh: As the spirited protagonist of Jyoti, SnehaWagh recorded her entry in Hindi TV soaps. A three year sabbatical later, she's again playing a strong, fiesty woman in Ek Veer Ki Ardaas - Veera.
Starspeak: Producer Yash Patnaik says, "Sneha has been phenomenal. We wanted an actress who could convincingly play different age groups in the show and she fit the bill."

Pooja Bose: An Ekta Kapoor discovery, Pooja Bose's last small screen appearance was inSarvaggun Sampanna in 2010. After trying her luck in regional films she is the new Parvati inDevon Ke Dev Mahadev. 
Starspeak: "I was initially offered the role of Sati, but had date issues at that time. This time when I was offered the show again, I wanted to play Sita, but was picked for Parvati. It's destiny, because this show kept coming back to me."

Rajat Tokas: He tasted small screen stardom when he was barely 17 (as Prithiviraj Chauhan). After cameos in soaps like Tere Liye, he's back in the historical Jodha Akbar. 
Starspeak: "I had decided to wait for the right kind of role. And Akbar is the sort of challenge I needed."

Divyanka Tripathi: Bubbly star next door Divyanka's bespectacled avatar in Chintu Chinki Aur Ek Badi Si Love Story in 2011 was her last daily show stint. Now she's slated to play the lead inTera Mera Rishta Purana.

Kanchi Kaul: After an impressive telly debut (in Ek Ladki Anjaani Si), her last show was almost four years ago. Kanchi Kaul made headlines for her marriage to actor Shabbir Ahluwalia in 2011, did a few commercials, and now she has finally made a comeback with Meri Bhabhi.
Starspeak: "I took a break to enjoy my married life. Shabbir and I travelled for a year and then I got this show which seemed just what I wanted to do."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShemliArsha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Good to hear they are coming back..
All the best guyz...
TFS