Choti Bahu fame Rubina Dilaik gets candid w...

HaYaforEver thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Choti Bahu fame Rubina Dilaik gets candid with Pardaphash

Mumbai: Popular television face Rubina Dilaik of the Choti Bahu fame has bagged role of Sita in Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev which goes air on Life Ok. Rubina, who is a beautiful blend of talent and grace, has recently made her exit from Zee TV's show 'Punar Vivah – Jindagi Milegi Dobara'.

One of Pardaphash team members Nilofar Raqeem checked-in a few moments of her professional life.

Q- In Choti Bahu, you played Radhika in assorted nature? Which one you liked most?

A- I loved all my characters whatever I have played so far because the variation I get to do as an actor is very exciting. I thoroughly enjoy it.

Q- How did you get a chance of playing Radhika in Choti Bahu?

A- I was in Chandigarh in 2008 for an event and the makers of the show too were in the city for the audition and rest all happened luck by chance.

Q- Your Role in Punar Vivah failed to spread magic like Radhika, What do you think about it?

A- The popularity of show Choti Bahu and the popularity of character Radhika were carried on in the show Punar Vivah where Vidya Malhotra was apparently shown who did Choti Bahu. Punar Vivah was a story of this Vidya Malhotra. So playing a character which already went in public was a matter of honour for me.

Q- How is your chemistry with Avinash Sachdev off screen?

A- Off screen chemistry is 10 times more than what you see onscreen.

Q- You are roped in to play Sita in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, you have already played Krishna in Choti Bahu, how do you feel about such characters?

A- If u talk as an actor's perspective, it's the variation I have been able to portray in the period of 5 years and I would call it superlative for me. As a matter of portraying the Indian Mythology that too through an eye of an actor, is something very challenging and I would term myself lucky in bagging such a role.

Q- What made you to quit Punar Vivah?

A- The way story was narrated to me and the way the whole concept was narrated to me when the show started it was said to me was something different when the shoot bagan. It was a story of this girl Choti Bahu. As a responsible actor I need to see how my audience is connected to me and what expectation they have from me. And when you don't stand on your promise and subject suddenly changes which was actually narrated to you then it becomes different to work in such conditions.

Q- What do you think about doing films?

A- I am open to it and a very good production house even approached me but at that time I was doing Punar Vivah and for me it's never like breaching my commitments.

Q- Whom would you like to share screen in Bollywood the most?

A- Amitabh Bachchan, Madhuri Dixit, Aishwarya Rai and Ranbir Kapoor.

Q- You have won accolades in Debate championships and even we heard that you were a national level champion during the school days, so what turned you to acting?

A- Yeah, I was very much into debates and actually that all helped me in making me more familiar to keeping me up to the audience.

Interviewed By Nilofar Raqeem
Edited By Gagan Deep Mishra

Edited by aviru - 10 years ago