New article:Rubina Dilaik I had to step out of PV!

ashna26 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Rubina Dilaik: I had to step out of Punar Vivah!

Thu, July 25, 2013 2:01pm Rubina Dilaik: I am upset about leaving Punar Viah 2

She gained popularity in the TV industry with her stint in Zee TV's Chhoti Bahu. The actor took it a step forward with Punar Vivah – Ek Nayi Umeed…until the makers decided to pull the plug on her role

Rubina Dilaik talks about why Punar Vivah 2 ended for her so suddenly, what really upset her about the whole episode and her future plans in tellyland.

What was the brief given to you when you signed on to do Punar Vivah 2?

I was told that the story was about a television actor called Divya Malhotra who did a hit show titled Chhoti Bahu. It was supposed to be about the real love story of Divya. That was what I was told.

What kind of response did you get for your performance on a daily soap?

As far as I know, my fans and the people close to me liked and applauded my work.

Why was there a sudden change in the script?

I am still unclear about a lot of things. There is really no clarity in this matter. Since day one, the story was supposed to be about my character Divya; perhaps the story didn't work the way the makers perceived it. I guess that's why they decided to shift focus.

Has Shashi Sumeet Productions' decision drastically affected your career?

No, not at all.

When was the last time you shot for the show?

The last time I shot for Punar Vivah – Ek Nayi Umeed was on July 14.

Have the makers promised you a better track in the future?

They told me that they currently don't have a storyline where they can place Divya and that they could decide the flow of the story only once the TRPs are released in August. However, they haven't given any assurance about a storyline including me once the TRP is out either. In fact, they clearly told me that I shouldn't let go of any project I get while waiting for Punar Vivah. This simply suggested that they didn't really want to come forward and tell me, 'Rubina, from tomorrow onwards you are not in the show.' The makers told me that for the next two weeks they don't have a storyline for me and neither can they promise me anything in the future. They then said let's sign a termination contract; so I had to step out of it.

After this experience, will you be open to taking on multi-starrer projects?

Yes, why not! If you are drawing a comparison to this show, then let me tell you, when I was signed for the show, the plot did not have two leads. It was about Divya only.

Did this episode upset you?

Of course I was upset. It's not a cakewalk to act in daily soaps. I've given my blood and sweat to the show, working for 22-23 hours a day, but I did it so that the show looked good. If as an actor I have given my 100 percent and complete sincerity to the show, I expect them not to give me false hopes. That too on the basis of TRP issues and citing reasons like they are not clear how to place an actor in the story. I don't expect the writers or the production house to come and discuss the storyline with me, but the least they could do is give the actor a clear vision once they themselves are clear about it. Nonetheless, I have taken it sportingly. Ultimately it is about the show and it must go on. If they think that the show will do better without me, then I support them. If it's in the betterment of the show to go on without me, then I am happy.

So what is your next move?

I have been getting lucrative offers, but I can't take them up as yet 'coz the production house has not yet given me my termination letter. It was supposed to come in a few days ago, but I guess they are very busy with the show. Till date the channel is using my name and face in their logo and promos, so I cannot take up anything else until I come out of it completely – that's what a responsible actor does. Luckily, whoever has approached me with offers has been cooperative and agreed to wait until I get the papers.

What kinds of roles are you looking for?

Frankly, I am a very experimental person by nature, so I'd take up anything that enhances my skills or acting career. I am not looking at anything specific. I will take up anything that will add another feather to my hat.

Have you been watching Punar Vivah?

Yes, of course, I still watch it.

With all the free time you have, what have you been doing?

I have gone back to designing clothes. I have launched my own clothes line and that has been keeping me busy. I can never remain idle. There's always a backup plan.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ashna26 thumbnail
I like her positive spirit after all what happen. All the best Rubina.
goolab thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I think they are waiting if pv2 did not do good
Again they will take ruby hope ruby dont take it
Why they dont give her paper
radev24 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Ashna, what an article! 

But I just cant get over the fact that something like this can happen to a decent, honest, professional actor like Ruby. Just so impressed by her answers, and yes the questions too.

From this interview, it's even more clear that the PH knew right from the beginning that divya character was going to wane slowly but surely. It was just a matter of time and before you know it, she was as if made to disappear by some false assurances only for her to find out that the whole thing was just a hoax.

Like us Ruby learnt her lesson too and is going to tread cautiously and not get burnt all over again.

All the best to you Rubina Dilaik because you deserve the best of everything in life!
ashna26 thumbnail

@Prem sad to know this can happen to Rubina indeed. 

I'm glad to hear Rubina stayed professional till the end and still is. Waiting for them to give her papers.. so she can sign something else.. and move on...
I admire her positivity..and to move ahead..and a lesson learn too.. 
Waiting for Rubina new show .. hopefully this time a real lead role.. and a good storyline..

Afss_94 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
There should be a limit of everything. If the PH is not interested in Divya or Rubina then they should let her go with dignity. They have no right to create scene like this. Still now they kept Rubina hanging. Didn't send her termination letter. Dumbest PH I've ever seen😡. Now I don't know why but I have a feeling like they are waiting for August. If TRP is not good then they may approach Rubi again??? But if it is up to their expectation then they'll throw her away again? Why are they using Rubina still now in the Montage? Nothing makes sense. And I have that feelings because Zee still now didn't clarify the whole matter and not even in GA a single question was asked about her leaving. May be Zee is trying to negotiate or PH got a clue after Rubi's leaving that TRP may drop rapidly. So they are may be waiting for August before sending her termination letter. Now if they have this dirty plan of approaching Rubina again if TRP decreases then I want Rubina to stick to her decision because this PH is a big time TRP monger and can't be trusted in any case. Better Rubi takes up other good project. But it is unfair to stop an actress from taking up new projects like this. (dnt know why but I've a strong feeling that if TRP falls then they can change their tone and say we couldn't talk properly to Rubina that time as we were busy with other projects but now we are discussing it seriously with her😡)
Above all It is good to hear that Rubi is getting offers and busy with her fashion house. All the best Rubina👍🏼.Edited by SushantFan_Afss - 10 years ago
seema12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
So all this was done just to use Rubina and the show CB as they knew If any other actor came as CB it will not look that sincere 

Just for a few bucks they have ruined their own reputation but I guess they don't care as they are the ones holding the purse strings 

Justice will be done if all top actors refuse to act in their shows 

And pls Rubina even the trps are out and they come a calling refuse them 

At least they can give her the termination letter so Rubina can move along but they are badmash ------

Wish could go and bash them on their FB page but can't really do that as they are very cunning peaple might take out on Rubina 

Need to think how to respond to stuff like this so what was that Rassi  bhe toot jaye and ------- sorry not good  at  what was that o yes mohawaras 

ashna26 thumbnail
@afss Zee tv kinda made a official already that Rubina is leaving.. they posted an article on their official site...it is kinda rewrite of all the article who is already posted..

Rubina Dilaik calls it quits!!!

It has been barely two months after her show 'Punarvivaah… Ek Nayi Umeed' has gone on air, and the lead actress Rubina Dilaik has already made plans to move on from the show. Rubina who plays the role of Divya, has put in her papers and taken a decision to move on. Sources inform that Rubina was not happy with the way her onscreen character Divya was shaping up in the show. So the actress decided to speak to the production house and after a long discussion, the actress and the production house amicably ended their association.

"The show was narrated to me as being Divya's show, a show of a television actress whose real life love story was to be depicted on the screen. However, after a week, things did not seem to go the way that was narrated to me. Recently, I was even kept out of the Maha-Sangam episode yet I was promoting the show from my end."

On her association with the channel, Rubina says, " I am indebted to the channel for whatever it has done for me. I have a long association with the channel and their team has always paved a way for my entry into the show, as well kept me in the forefront when it came to marketing and promoting the show. The channel was always keen on having me in the show and I really thank them for it but somewhere down the line, the writers could not put me in the correct place of the story."

Even after deciding to quit the show, Rubina has no hard feelings for the production house. She concluded saying, "Nevertheless, it is the best production house I have worked with so far. They are very humble people and I really appreciate the fact that they called me for a meeting and things got mutually settled."

ashna26 thumbnail

Glad to hear indeed that Rubina will sign something soon.. excited.. Don't think the Ph can hold Rubi on her contract.. the Ph them self indirect lets end it.. also you cannot let your lead wait for weeks.. let her out of the first maha episode.. etc

Edited by ashna26 - 10 years ago
niru06 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice article...thanks for sharing...this is most dumbest ph ive ever seen...dint send a termination letter to her til now!!!!from the day 1 i tnk more than the story execution they were very much behind trps...but glad to know shes ready to sign for a new show once this mess is all cleared...