OUATIMD trailer did not connect: Milan Luthria

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

'The trailer did not connect'

ZoomBookmarkSharePrintTranslate

Says director Milan Luthria, whose upcoming film's first look failed to create an impact on the audience

The hero versus villain angle (in the second trailer) worked. —Milan Luthria,
filmmaker

Director Milan Luthria's next, Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Dobara is scheduled to release on August 15 and like any other filmmaker, he obviously wants it to be a bigger hit than its predecessor. Though the film has been in the news and has created a fair amount of buzz since its announcement, the response to the first trailer did not quite excite the director. "I have had sleepless nights for three weeks because the trailer did not really connect with the audience," says Milan. He adds, "The first trailer of the Vidya Balan-starrer The Dirty Picture (2011) garnered a very strong response. I desired the same result with this film as well. But that didn't happen."

Source: Hindustan Times

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kitkataha thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Refreshingly honest. As many people have already said, the actors do not seem to fit the characters in this film, hence the connectivity is amiss.
PigBenis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
True indeed. All the hype, excitement crushed with that trailer for many people. Let's see if the upcoming promos, song etc are interesting...
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Ekta maiyya and Akshay will beat up Milan. 😆But I appreciate his honesty. I liked the first trailer esp the background music but it went downhill after that.
Hello_kitta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
But second one was good. If film will be as good as first one than people will defiantly going to   watch it irrespective of trailer response.  
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
ya 1st trailer was a bit disappointed!! thnk god they changed their approach in the 2nd 1!! 

Originally posted by: MrsMalhotra

Ekta maiyya and Akshay will beat up Milan. 😆But I appreciate his honesty. I liked the first trailer esp the background music but it went downhill after that.

I love the background music that they play while showing Sonakshi walking in front of a shop.
Johnny.Balraj thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
disappointment for me as well

Why is he saying this, bajao apni movie ke ...what is this? 
theprince thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Agree the trailer is abog letdawn its not asequele at all it like another lover story film but hope the film will be good
Stone-Cold thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I'm not excited for this as much as I should be, I loved the first OUATIM. But no Emraan is such a big loss, it should have been Emraan in this with Akshay playing the role of Imran.