•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago
As versatile as Shubha Mudgal
By MIO Team

Shubha Mudgal is more popularly hailed for Hindustani classical music. But as a singer she is always open to experiment and her versatility can be traced from the varied genre of songs she sings. Shubha is now fascinated by Sufi music and is escalading herself to do more towards that form of music. Her recent presentation of the Sufi music was the song 'Ghoom tana' along with Salman Ahmed of Pakistani band Junoon which was a blend of Sufi and Hindustani classical. Other than this her solo album 'The Awakening' also has several Sufi songs. She has rendered a high pitch Sufi track 'Main sutti raiyan', 'Ali o Ali' and 'Kar sajda' in the album. After 'Ghoom tana' she came up with the idea to render the album of Sufi genre.

"Since I am a Hindustani classical singer, it does not mean I don't appreciate other genres. There is always a link among all the forms of music. Sufi is not only music. It is like a faith, a belief and deals with man-God relationship. All Sufi songs sound like love songs. I have always been an ardent admirer of this form," says Subha Mudgal.

Her next album is 'Tore sang' for Bickram Ghosh based on classical-folk mix.

Originally posted by filmi_chick99

thanx for sharing

You are welcome

hey ur Av is Cute

thanx but what about the siggy???? 😃