Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago

Kamya wants to play mom in real life

29 May 2009, 0000 hrs IST, TNN

Email   Discuss  Share  Save   Text:

Kamya wants to play mom in real life

29 May 2009, 0000 hrs IST, TNN

Kamya Punjabi famously known as Sindoora of Banoo Main Teri Dulhann, is very happy that her three-year-long show is going to

end.

The married actress was having a tough time with her health and was difficult to start her plans for a family, thanks to the pressures. Kamya is married to Bunty Grewal, who is part of the film industry.

Asked how she was feeling on the show going off air soon, she says, "I'm happy it's ending at the right time and I can now concentrate on my family and even start my own family. But on the other hand I feel sad as I'll miss the whole crew and cast." She also adds, "I'm going to miss Sharad very much, as we used to play pranks around the unit and it was a lot of fun."

She confirms, "I'm soon planning to have a baby, and have also visited lots of gynaecologists. I am very much excited to start my new life, a whole new chapter of motherhood." She says she will also go for music classes.

Hope you have a sweet li'l baby, Kamya.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV-/Kamya-wants-to-play-mom-in-real-life/articleshow/4589346.cms
niveditha thumbnail
Sharad Malhotra, future filmmaker?

After Banoo Main Teri Dulhann wrapped up, lead actor Sharad Malhotra, who played Sagar, has decided to broaden his horizons. The actor has flown to the US to attend a filmmaking workshop at Universal Studios. His costar Divyanka Tripathi gives us all the details.

She says, "He's gone to the US to attend a workshop at Universal Studios there. It is not an acting workshop; it is about all the technical things that are involved in filmmaking."
It seems that Sharad made a plan to do the course much in advance and made sure all the formalities were sorted out while he was still shooting for Dulhann. Divyanka adds, "He was very busy preparing for it; like we prepare for school. He had to get his visa and everything so as soon as he wrapped up with shooting he began concentrating on this work. The workshop will go on for at least three months though I do not know its exact duration. He's going to intern there too. So he'll probably attend the workshop for one and a half months and then intern for the rest of the time."

Sharad made it a point to attend the final day of Dulhann's shoot last week, even though he already completed shooting for his track in the beginning of May. He visited the sets to meet up with his costars and unit members one last time and also ordered a cake to cheer up the whole crew, who were quite emotional.

Dulhann's last episode aired on Thursday, May 28 on Zee TV.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/June/News_20090601_1

niveditha thumbnail

New York Film Academy calls Sharad Malhotra..

Sharad Malhotra is off to USA for an acting program at Universal Studios, Hollywood

niveditha thumbnail
Tube Tattle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
niveditha thumbnail

Name: Sharad Malhotra

No of fans on Indya: 7 and counting

Best known as: Sagar/Amar of Banoo Mein Teri Dulhan

Trivia: Sharad Malhotra was the face of the Year in Kolkata in 2001. Sharad's talent was discovered in Zee Cine Star Ki Khoj along with his Banoo Mein Teri Dulhann co-star, Diyanka Tripathi.
Sharad has completed his acting course from the Kala Manthan Academy, under Nishi Arora and Samrat Mukherjee and also from Kishore Namit Kapoor's acting academy.  
Sharad is a die hard fan of Shahrukh Khan and has watched his movie Dilwale Dulhaniya le Jayenge over 50 times.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?aid=296

titly thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

One of the hottest duo's of television Sharad Malhotra and Divyanka Tripathi are enjoying their holidays after Dulhaan concluded. Sharad is out of the country where as Divyanka is busy catching up with her life and planning to visit her home town.

Alongside the actress also desires to work with Sharad again. "I would really like to work again with Sharad. Audience loved our chemistry on screen and we too liked it," says Divyanka.

"He is a nice person and best co-stars. We had shared a good rapport on and off screen. If anything interesting comes up we would definitely take it up. For now Sharad is out of the country and will be coming in three months or so," she adds further.

Divyanka is also planning to visit her hometown. "I am leaving tomorrow to be with my parents. Its going to be a reunion with them after a long time. Alongside I have just gone through a laser eye surgery yesterday. I needs good rest and proper care and thus this is another reason to visit Bhopal," she chirps.

The actress had been facing lots of problem due to her spectacles. "I wanted to do this surgery for long but due to hectic shooting schedule it was not possible. Doctors have told that hence forth I wouldn't be needed to wear specks. Now I need to take lots of precautions and following what doctors have advised me to do," she verbalises.

Regarding work front is there anything in the pipeline. "Well as of now I am just doing ads for international brands. I will only take up something after coming back from vacation," she concludes.

Love has always been in the air for this duo. Let's see if they come again together and will they be able to recreate the same magic on screen. -Sampurn Media

niveditha thumbnail
One of the hottest duo's of television Sharad Malhotra and Divyanka Tripathi are enjoying their holidays after Dulhaan concluded. Sharad is out of the country where as Divyanka is busy catching up with her life and planning to visit her home town.

Alongside the actress also desires to work with Sharad again. "I would really like to work again with Sharad. Audience loved our chemistry on screen and we too liked it," says Divyanka.

"He is a nice person and best co-stars. We had shared a good rapport on and off screen. If anything interesting comes up we would definitely take it up. For now Sharad is out of the country and will be coming in three months or so," she adds further.

Divyanka is also planning to visit her hometown. "I am leaving tomorrow to be with my parents. Its going to be a reunion with them after a long time. Alongside I have just gone through a laser eye surgery yesterday. I needs good rest and proper care and thus this is another reason to visit Bhopal," she chirps.

The actress had been facing lots of problem due to her spectacles. "I wanted to do this surgery for long but due to hectic shooting schedule it was not possible. Doctors have told that hence forth I wouldn't be needed to wear specks. Now I need to take lots of precautions and following what doctors have advised me to do," she verbalises.

Regarding work front is there anything in the pipeline. "Well as of now I am just doing ads for international brands. I will only take up something after coming back from vacation," she concludes.

Love has always been in the air for this duo. Let's see if they come again together and will they be able to recreate the same magic on screen.

http://news.desi**fo***.net/television/indian-television-news/586-divyanka-desires-to-work-again-with-sharad.html

niveditha thumbnail

Kamya is pregnant

9 Jun 2009, 1300 hrs IST, VICKEY LALWANI , MUMBAI MIRROR

Kamya Punjabi aka Sindoora of Banoo Main Teri Dulhann has been frequently visiting a gynecologist in Santacruz. No prizes for guessing
Kamya Punjabi
why.

The actress is four months pregnant and is happy to take a break as the three-year-old show has come to an end. Kamya initially refused to talk about her pregnancy, but on being probed further, she said, "I am quite superstitious but I guess I can't hide it for long. So, everyone might as well know I am pregnant."

Things are finally looking up for Kamya, who had a troubled marriage with Bunty Negi. The couple eventually reconciled. Meanwhile, she is still deciding if she wants to deliver her baby in India or in the US. "I have a few relatives in the US and Bunty is keen that I deliver there, but I prefer Mumbai," she said.

Kamya was busy playing the bad girl in Banoo Main... till the show came to an end. Now, she wants to take it easy. "I have been refusing a lot of work on television and theatre. I have worked so hard for years. Now, it's the time to enjoy. To be honest, every morning I feel my tummy and try to gauge if it has grown anymore and if yes, then how much. I am feeling on top of the world," Kamya added.

Commenting on how she spends her free time, Kamya said, "I have been pampering myself by visiting beauty parlours and shopping malls. I have coloured my hair and intend to have a new hair colour job again after two months. I have been wearing body-hugging clothes as I want my tummy to show. I want to enjoy the remaining five months of my pregnancy."
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV-/Kamya-is-pregnant/articleshow/4634999.cms
niveditha thumbnail
Shhh…Divyanka is back

One of the televisions favorite bahu Divyanka Tripathi is back with Shh…Phir Koi Hai. Though she had planned a sabbatical after her long running serial Dulhan… she could not refrain from doing a mini-series for the thriller. 

"Shooting will begin soon. Recently I got my eye surgery done and needed a complete bed rest for a month. Barely after 12-15 days of surgery I got the offer and I could not resist this exciting role", she elucidates.

She further briefs about the show, "I am not playing ghost at all. There is no ghost in the story. I cannot reveal exactly what it is". According to our sources it is based on black magic.

There have been many ghostly stories blown on the sets of Dulhan. "Suddenly at night bulbs will start bursting or there will be a fire somewhere. It was also affecting our health but later we got the pooja done and then nothing happened of that sort" she shares her ghostly experience.

Dulhan is now a past thing but what about future projects? In the golden era of reality show catering instant fame and money she asserts, "I am not open to reality shows so soon. As I believe I am not prepared. For now I just want to act".

http://news.desi**fo***.net/television/indian-television-news/667-shhhdivyanka-is-back.html

niveditha thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Divyanka's having a horror-ible time

Divyanka Tripathi, who played Divya in Banoo Main Teri Dulhan (Zee TV), talks to Indya about her latest role in Shh… Phir Koi Hai(STAR One).

"I am seen playing Radhika in this series, which is titled Intezaar. She is the daughter of the haveli's security guard. She has loved Mohan, the owner of the haveli, from the time she was very young and is very possessive of him. When she realises that he loves another girl called Ambika, she can't take it. Basically, the story is a romance and a thriller which deals with possessiveness, jealousy and, most importantly, dance!" says Divyanka.

The actress explains that the best part of having taken up this offer is that she has to dance in many sequences. She adds, "I will be seen doing Kathak and even Taandav at times. Although I didn't really get a chance to learn these dances professionally, I've spent hours rehearsing during the shoots and I am really loving it. In fact, I've decided to definitely learn Kathak whenever I get the time in the future."

Divyanka's look is also very different for Phir Koi Hai. She explains, "In Dulhan, I was hardly seen in any make up but here, I am loaded with lots of it. Right from heavy kaajal to heavy eye shadow and all those mytho-type ornaments, I have a completely filmy look."

The actress admits that though she is busy shooting for Phir Koi Hai, she still misses the show that made her a household name, adding, "When Dulhan wound up, I couldn't believe it was finally over. I couldn't get over that feeling. Then, I took a break, I got my eye operated and left for my hometown of Bhopal for 10 days. Dulhan was my first show and it taught me everything, professionally and personally. It will always hold a very special place in my life."

Talking about her break from the small screen, she says, "I had loads of fun in Bhopal. My sister came down with her three-year-old daughter Shyambhavi and we all had a great time together. My brother got these two very cute Labrador puppies and it was real fun to see my niece play with them. After that, I came to Mumbai, went for dental treatment and started shooting for this show."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090703_16