prityy89 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Asha Negi : You're a Shining Star

SimplyAshVikian thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Asha Negi Interview Held in Nagpur !!!

Becoming an actor was her dream.but it wasn't an easy task to convince her middle class parents who wanted the world for her, but were not ready to let her explore the world of acting. "I went on a hunger strike and they relented after two days,and sent me to mumbai because they have immense faith that I shall do no wrong",says Asha Negi , who plays the popular character Purvi in Zee TV's prime time show Pavitra Rishta .

It was not an easy journey for this Dehradun based gal,who had no one in Mumbai to guide her . she had to struggle to find a foothold in the industry , but as they say fortune favours the brave , this damsel, who did not give up, finally had Lady Luck smiling on her and after a couple of roles in serials, she bagged the role of Purvi in Pavitra Rishta . "It's a strong and significant role, and the best part is people say I resemble Archana, my mother in the serial," she says. She also strongly negates any comments about being like any other show on the telly. "Pavitra Rishta is a very realistic show. It's about a middle class Maharashtrian family and the travails that the family goes through. The family is shown living in a chawl, and you will see that the characters on screen look the part".

Quiz her on the twist and turns happening on the show and she says, "Even though the show is realistic , it is necessary to have twist and turns to make it dramatic . Else who would watch a show that has zero drama quotient ?"

Her life has changed for the better since the day she started acting. "On the positive side I feel I have achieved something in life and made my parents proud. When and if I happen to go out ,people on the streets stop and ask me about my (Purvi's ) decisions on the serial and I feel elated at the huge fan base that I have. On the flip side ,my hectic work dosen't allow me to spend as much time with my family as I would like to . "But then she's okay with it for she knows that every side has two coins and for getting something , you have to lose something ."I might not go to Dehradun often , but I ensure that my parents visit me often ."

Since we are talking about Dehradun , the conversation veers to the tragedy that has struck Uttarakhand. "By the grace of God ,all my family is safe. I am devastated by what happened and though I'D like to extend a helping hand ,my tight works schedule dosen't allow me to be physically present to help the stranded people. I pray for their well being everyday. I am also very proud of the role that the Army is playing in rescuing the stranded pilgrims. Hats Off to them and to every Indian who is in his own way trying to help the affected."

Commenting on her character, Asha says that like Purvi she is an intelligent and responsible girl in real life. "But i am not such a sacrificial lamb as Purvi is . I don't think that I will ever be able to make so many compromise as Purvi does in order to bring a smile on her loved one's lips." However she refuses to comment when asked if she would like to associate with the serial if it takes a generation leap." We shall cross the bridge when it comes," she says .

It's been over an year and half that Asha has been closely associated with Pavitra Rishta and she's so immersed in her character that if someone wakes her up in middle of the night and ask her to enact ,she will without flinching get down to playing Purvi ."I live ,breathe and sleep my character," says Asha. But whenever she gets time ,she doesn't watch Pavitra Rishta. "I catch up some comedy shows or watch Qubool hai , a serial on Zee Tv . I think that this serial has a very concept which is why it is so successful."

Don't forget to tune in to Zee Tv every Monday to Friday at 9 pm to watch purvi make her decisions in a drama that's going through an eventful situation right now.