Give US a Reason to Write .SwaRon readers peep in.

_Deepika_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Hey My Dear  fellow Swaronians ...

How are you all ..my dear Swaronians, fellow writers and most importantly My dear readers? Well I am here after another  long break and hopefully you all still remember me .I am hardly active on D3 forum mainly in the discussion posts, blame it on my busy office schedules or the volatile forum conditions .. Hey before you all run away due to my blabbering. I am not here to make you sleep with my boring talks. Well, I am here to make a point...

Confusing topic name? Yes it is! The content of this topic is specifically for SwaRon readers... From SwaRon writers... to SwaRon readers.

Before I say anything..I would like to clear one thing..Its not an individual POV ..Few of the SwaRon Fanfic writers have discussed about this issue..So please don't take it as personal attack and give excuses ..We are here to discuss the issue and if possible get a solution..

As the topic name suggests, there has been a massive decline in the number of SwaRon readers. It's indeed hurtful to know that people who once upon a time had an interest in reading SwaRon works are not even hitting the like tab nowadays. They open the PM, and just leave it for it to rot away.We are not counting on those who were never interested in Fanfictions..These are the readers who actually used to read and like our works and they added us to their buddy list for PMs.

Is this wrong or is this wrong? 

Writers take a hell lot of time to select a good plot and write, why? Because there are some readers out here who want us to write. There was a time when one shots would get more than 60 likes but now?? We barely get 40- 50 likes! Despite the fact that we have around 250 buddies in our buddy lists. 

Readers hardly care but their are some writers on the forum who actually write so fluently that one cannot help but go awestruck on reading their works. These writers try their level best to gain readers but readers? They don't read! They open the PM but they have a big problem in going through and update which is hardly 4 pages in word long. They have the time to go through intimidating posts and fight, defending their favorites but they don't have the time to go through a single write up which takes hardly 5 mins. We are also readers at some point of time and we make it a point to go through every single write up. So if the Writer won't get any encouragement and inspiration,How he/she is supposed to write?

Honestly, it takes 10 mins to send PMs to every single person in our friend list. Sometimes even more than that, depends upon the number of people we have. And well honestly, it's gross.

We wait to read your feedback ,your views ,positive and negative points after posting the write up.But few of the readers delete the PMs and few of theme never bother to check them.Instead of doing this we would have appreciated if you PM us back and say that you don't want further PMs.That would have affected  us lesser ..

Many readers reserve a post on the write up and they never come back..that again demotivates the writer ..

It takes time to think about a plot for any story and write it down ... it takes hardly few minutes to go through it.

As I have stated before ,its not about one single writer ,so please don't answer saying You always get the likes or comments .Its disheartening to see many writers coming back and telling this to me "I don't want to write".."readers don't even check our PMs".."No proper comments".."20-25 likes"...

Trust me these are few of your favorite writers i.e. Mihika(tanha29) ,Ria,Marium,Pratik ,Himani,Nisha ,Megha(megsy),Lalita,Amrita(idiot_box) and Nehal ..There are many more in the list ..Few don't even want to show their disappointment ..Many have already quit writing just because of lack of encouragement..

When you all are not satisfied with the show and current track..You come back to us and request to write something Romantic..something SwaRonish ...but when you get a good track you completely forget the Fanfic writers  ..

We understand that you all are busy, but we writers are busy as well. How much time does it  take to hit the like tab? If you don't do this how will we all know that our work is appreciated?

I could have left the issue as it is..I don't really have any reasons to get affected if someone quits writing...But it matters on a long run ...Writers actually give their heart and soul to their write ups ..so I thought of creating this post instead of quitting silently or posting NOTE on our write ups...where we can actually discuss the matter and get a solution...

Pheww.. Long post ..Isn't it..so how many are still left here to read my blabbering ...If you are ...then let me know ..you views...How do we solve this thing...if this post won't get a positive response and SwaRon readers don't wake up from their deep sleep ..Don't blame us later that there are hardly any Swaron Fanfiction to read...

I know even you have your reasons (readers)...let us know ..if we can work it out ...

I would leave it open-ended...its more a kind of heart to heart between the SwaRon readers and Writers.

Do you really want us to continue?..
If yes..Please come up with a solution ..

If No ..It was really great to write on SwaRon ...the unique fairytale couple indeed ..

I am done with the points  and I know half of you have already run away. Well, I will welcome all of you who are still here. Let us know about your opinion,If you have any solution for this issue.. The stage is all yours...

PS- No personal attacks and bashing would be tolerated ..Keep it civil ..

Don't just like the post and vanish ...discuss the issue..please

Edited by deep_Tanha - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pehlanasha. thumbnail
The he writers who has been mentioned in the main post are not one of those who used to give so late updates but instead they WERE the fast updater till past few months and they stopped giving regular/faster updates because there was no one to encourage them to write further or update next chapters. 

Here, i can take my example only. People who have talked to me always says i am one of the writers who update so fast all my works that they get problem to choose to comment on which one first and i am talking about the time till Jan or something and then suddenly readers topped liking and commenting so how can i update when i know there is no one there waiting to read or will comment or like? 

Secondly, here i take examples of all the writers who were mentioned in the main post and including me. They all have actually started their journey with OS and they all have their unique and amazing writing style and almost every SwaRon writer used to tell them that, right writers? Then they forgot the writers they used to said that they are the best. 

Believe me or not, i am so disheartened that i was the one who said first that i am discontinuing my works and i mean it till now, if they keep their styles like this then there is no need for me to write because agar mujhe sirf khud ke liye hi likhna hai tu i have better idea that i writer and keep it save in my word document and never update, right friends?

Like i am noticing this from Jan, till Jan i used to get 60 + likes then it dropped down to 5, then 40 and now hardly get 40 comment woh bhi tab if i give the task that i will update after 40 likes? Seriously guys! ðŸ˜³ It is so so so bad to see hardly few people commenting and liking. So it is seriously your choice now! 

I am still on my works, i will discontinue all my works if from now on readers won't start commenting or liking.. or at least liking itself. I send 350 PMz, yeah.. you know how much are 350 PMz? And what i get is totally 15 comments and 40 likes? 

Many writers are have stopped writing, many left because they were meant to write on IF! Now one day all of us will also vanish from the writing section of D3 and then there will be no SwaRon writes up to read! it seems like there is no one to read. NO ONE! ðŸ¥±

I, Marium, A SwaRon writer and as well as reader promise from my heart to like and comment on each work that will go across my eyes, or at least i will always like it if not comment all the time.  I am guilty if i have hurt someone by not giving response to their writes up. Every writer is precious to me, hence i will try and read all the PMz i get. I am not promising to read that on same day but whenever i will do i will give response, in the shape of like and comment or like. 

Nowadays i have 152 PMz on pending from May because i am keeping them save so that after exams i can read and comment on them. Hence, i promise to give response to them. Whoever have sent those PMz can happily expect my response and who don't get can happily ask for. I am happy to encourage writers! 

PS : There are many people who have commented in this thread who are not writers, i will request them for one last time that don't say, do it because i am watching all the people just saying and they never do and this is the last chance for you all to do, for once. 

From,
A very disheartened SwaRon writer,
Marium.

Edited by -Marium- - 10 years ago
Swaronvrushan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Agree Deepu being a writer I can understand the point u made...me too wrote many is BT response s so disheartening that I decided to not write fufurther
sakshibshah thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
res !
unres

True post Deepu Di...
As A Reader-

As a reader I didn't get time to write a comment...but still I try..and surely HIT Like button...
It encourages the Writer so unke liye itna to banta h :)

As A Writer-
So true..I experienced it myself...as it takes so much time to write..to think..to excute the story n then post..moreover..sending PMs..it also takes time,,,
thats y i made an seperate account..but stil those who r in taht account do not read it...neither comment nor like...!
Sometimes it is understood ki Exams r up...but its not with everyone !!
Still we hope ki we'll get suggestion to improve ! If we get it feels good..ki the Reader notices our mistakes..:) n encourage us to write more n nicely...

Grt post !

U expressed everything perfectly..!!

Love,
Sakshi...
Edited by sakshibshah - 10 years ago
Winter_Falls thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
deepu Di..i totally agree with u... ðŸ˜Š awesome post... ðŸ˜Š

i have experienced it personally Di..it really feels bad when ur totally ignored...forget abt commenting on it... some people dnt even bother to like it... ðŸ˜”

writer's put in so much efforts to come up with something...itz really disappointing when people totally ignore it...

and i have observed that it mostly happens in cases where writer is new...i might b wrong..but this is based on my personal experience and on d basis of what i have seen...

i knw am not gud writer...but it feels really bad..when people ignore some gud writers out der...i think dey atlst deserve a like to their post...

so i would lyk to req to all d members..even if u did nt relly like d wrk...u dont have to comment but atlst u can lyk it...dat will help dem to improve next tym...itz just small req... ðŸ˜Š

SanskritiS thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I agree with u Di
If readers don't like the write-ups they can give advice to improvise it
RoHaNmAlHoTrA thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hey...its sad to know dat the great great writers dont get the reviews according to the awsm write ups they write  and this indeed results in giving up to thier write ups...i know no one except a few even know my name..but i know each one of the name mentioned n the above post...and truly from the bottom of my hearth i respect everyone of them for writing some beautiful pieces of swaron ...from my part whenever i receive a pm i truly go trough it and surely hit the like tab...yaa i m sorry that i couldnt review each one of them...but i can understand how difficult it is to even write an os...but u guyzz write long fanfics with concept CS and many more things...n then not getting proper response is really ridiculous...i jst want to say pls pls pls dont stop writing...u all are fab writers...i dont know abt others but i really want all of u to continue to your works...

Rohan ðŸ˜Š
Edited by rohanmalhotra15 - 10 years ago
.Vrushanholic. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i agree
when payal and i started writing our first ff we were very excited
i knew it takes time for people to like your work and we were newbies i thought that they dont take interest in newbies posts
i told payal to keep patience
but looking at the fact that there were only few likes and comments
payal felt dejected and she does not want to write
neither do i
i hope this post improves things

-FrozenRain- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Deeps Di Thank you for making up this post and clearing few misunderstanding..
One reason why a reader trends to lose the interest as per my POV is the unregular updates.
Few update at faster time and few take ages to update..Either way both the reader and writer suffer.With busy schedule matching the pace of story gets tough with delayed update one trends to forget the story..This goes with only one set..

Next is the lack of people over the forumn. I see there is a decline in members and that affects the readers content..

Let me be frank hear I guess I have read only your works and few of megsy work.Rest I have not and something in myself I avoid reading works of new writers as I don't want to  keep them in false hopes.When one knows the schedule is going to get hectic its better not to give the writer any hopes.
A small suggestion to budding writers start with OS..Dont go for SS or FF at start.Let the readers know your style and then get into writing FF This will help you to get more readers...

Asma

This is wholy my POV..

sakshi.ekansh thumbnail
so so true di... I completely agree... being a writer as well as a reader...
many times I myself have quit my works thinking readers wont like it.. I know how much it stresses a person to write something... for me if I am going to post an os or an update, I'll have to skip my sleep.. not about me but the writers out here have their lives who are busy themselves but they still take out some time for the readers only... but they don't get what they deserve...

As a writer I am disappointed and as a reader I am guilty...

A bang on post Di...