Can't we all just be happy?

Meena101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Hi All

I've noticed there's been some really mean comments made about some of the MC3 contestants even though the show's now ended, I mean come on- is there any need?

I got as equally frustrated as some of you but what I can say is that no matter what I thought of them, all of the contestants did really well to get where they did; I admire the ambition, passion and drive that they had and I wish I was half as motivated as them.

I say a huge well done to them all, I thoroughly enjoyed the show and I wish each and every one of them the very best for the future.Edited by Meena101 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meena101

Hi All

I've noticed there's been some really mean comments made about some of the MC3 contestants even though the show's now ended, I mean come on- is there any need?

I got as equally frustrated as some of you but what I can say is that no matter what I thought of them, all of the contestants did really well to get where they did; I admire the ambition, passion and drive that they had and I wish I was half as motivated as them.

I say a huge well done to them all, I thoroughly enjoyed the show and I wish each and every one of them the very best for the future.

You have come to the discussion long after the horse has bolted. But no problem, welcome to the forum.

Coming to your post, I hope you are not so naive! 

Mean comments were passed, yes, but then they were on the behaviour exhibited by those contestants (in particular Doyel, Navneet, Yasmin). They know they're on national tv, yet they persisted in : behaving like a 5-yr-old on a sugar rush, backbiting & big talk, crying & crying & crying & crying. There are a few others who will tell you that these people have been instructed by SP, they are like that in reality, blah blah blah. My point is no matter what your brief, you should behave with a certain dignity, especially when you know the contest is being beamed into peoples' homes. Heck, even my 2-yr-old niece knows she has to be on her best behaviour when there are outsiders around! She knows she cannot throw a tantrum or fight, no matter what! 

These people are in their 20s and still don't know how to behave in front of others, interact with others politely, become delirious with happiness, lose their senses.

We are commenting on what we saw, what was presented for our viewing pleasure! As paying consumers, since we pay our hard-earned money to watch the numerous tv channels, we demand quality for the amount of money we are paying. And that gives us, or me to be precise, the right to criticise, anaylse and/or comment as we, or I, deem fit. The contestants cannot claim their rights as a private citizen, to take an extreme example, as they themselves have elected to become public figures by taking part in a nationwide contest, but also they themselves have invited us into their personal lives by sharing information or allowing certain video clips to be made of how they spend/spent their lives.

And though, the show is over, we enjoy rehashing somethings or discussing the new happenings in the very lives of these contestants, each of whom is on facebook and/or twitter. So their lives continue to be very much public. 

In a few days or a week, the forum will close down. So till then, either join the discussion or you could simply ignore us ðŸ˜Š
Meena101 thumbnail
I have actually made a few posts in this forum- this isn't my first. 

I also think I mighty take you up on you offer; I'll ignore you and all of the other spiteful nasty comments. 

Yes, some contestants did have unusual and at times irritating character traits but I prefer to focus on the positive and not the negative as much as I can.

Either way, it was a great show which I miss already, it would be a shame that the last thing I remember of it are petty comments so I shall bid this forum adios. 
hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meena101

I have actually made a few posts in this forum- this isn't my first. 

I also think I mighty take you up on you offer; I'll ignore you and all of the other spiteful nasty comments. 

Yes, some contestants did have unusual and at times irritating character traits but I prefer to focus on the positive and not the negative as much as I can.

Either way, it was a great show which I miss already, it would be a shame that the last thing I remember of it are petty comments so I shall bid this forum adios. 

Another person with a holier-than-thou attitude! 
Edited by hamzanuha - 10 years ago
knownstranger thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Well Dont want to strech this arguement further but would like to point out that unless you analyse both positive and negative you cannot judge or decide things/course of action 
p.s. do remember this is not only for this show or life in general.
Your statement of I'll take positives ignore negatives makes least sense unless you know what ur negatives are or where you how can you correct yourself or be a better person.
Anu.007 thumbnail
When someone advertises thier life history wide open on national tv (no one asked them to do so in the first place), there will defenitely be criticism be it positive, be it negative depenidng on one's viewpoint. Simple thing is to behave composed, treat a contest like a contest and keep in mind they are not at home but in front of viewers (like Shazia in MC2) . No body criticizes then.. Cookery competition is to bring out once culinery skills and not life history.
akash08 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: hamzanuha

Another person with a holier-than-thou attitude! 

Anyone who is not capable of bad mouthing like this group would be attacked here. I have never ever seen such a big gang of bashers together who  dump their frustration by passing filthy comments..

Majority of this group is from BB forum where they are used to bad mouth contestants they do not like and they are so much addicted to bashing and abusing.. They just can not just stop doing that..

Adat se may Majabur.. And off course with nothing better to do in life.. This continues even after the show is over.

Anu.007 thumbnail
If the definition of "better to do in life" is supporting cheaters, getting disappointed because someone deserving won the show and venting out frustration on others just because (cheater) whom they supported dint wint the show, people who have nothing "better to do in life" should and will be proud..
mehak_kapoor thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
But we all *are* already very happy. We are happy bashing the cheater and useless fatoor-ful fellow.

You are happy searching positive traits in everybody.

And a certain other member of this forum is happy making fool of himself/herself.

There we all are happy, hence provedEdited by mehak_kapoor - 10 years ago
akash08 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anu.007

If the definition of "better to do in life" is supporting cheaters, getting disappointed because someone deserving won the show and venting out frustration on others just because (cheater) whom they supported dint wint the show, people who have nothing "better to do in life" should and will be proud..

I have been opposing the abuse in this forum from long when the result of the master chef was not declared and it was in the middle stage. So, frustration for not winning theory does not stand.

You people have been abusive from day 1 much before the so called cheating things happened. So, your cheating theory does not stand either .

There is only and only one truth, a bunch of infatuated guys got involved with a handsome Hunk (which is ok) and thought the only way they can show their affection is just by abusing other contestants..(which is not ok)

Doyel, Navneet, nisha, Yasmin who you have spared? 

I also wonder where those fixing theories are gone as soon as your favourite contestant won?

I do not remember any Doyel or Navneet supporter have ever mentioned that the show was fixed to make a guy win who is popular among ladies so that he can sell.you people started challenging saying things like where the guys who were supporting Doyel or Navneet , let use see them.  You are a bunch of laughing stock, even the guy Ripu who won the competition in his merit would not show such behaviour and you people think you have achieved a great milestone just because your favourite won? That is all achievement in life for you all. Good for you indeed.

Well there is a word called poor losers but I did not know there are so many of them!
Edited by akash08 - 10 years ago