Advice for next season of MasterChef

anugupta thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
If there is one thing we can all agree on (besides hating on Navneet), it is that this season of MC has been a COMPLETE FAILURE. 

So let's compile a list of things that should have been done differently this season that would be useful for the next season. Of course Star Plus will most likely not take any of this into account but at least we'll get a way to vent our frustration 😆

1) Public Voting should not be allowed, even if its just for the finale - there is NO basis for allowing the public to vote. This is not a dancing or looks contest, this is purely about the food - which we can neither smell nor taste and therefore there is no basis to vote a contestant. 

2) Judges need to be changed - I personally am a big fan of Chef Vikaas but even he has been disappointing this season. Most of all - Chef Kunal needs to be ousted - he's ridiculous. 

3) Judges should NOT be giving advice to the contestants - This season there have been countless times where judges come to check up on the contestants while their cooking and give them tips. Now either these tips should be offered as a general advice to all of them but usually what ends up happening is they prevent certain contestants from making mistakes which is complete favoritism. 

4) Get better contestants! They contestants that were brought on board this season were below par. I'm sure they can do better. 

5) The competitions have been biased and unfair. Navneet was given a dumb challenge of identifying ingredients while Nisha and Ripu are asked to cook 3 courses of meals? There is NO consistency or standard on this show. 

6) Get rid of Shipra's surprise. I like that they teach recipes on Saturday but they can spice that up without Shipra. Sanjeev Kapoor should have used his Khaana Khazaana experience to make the Saturday episodes more appealing to viewers. 

7) Guidelines need to be more strict. Contestants are openly cheating off others or exchanging ingredients. 

8) Change the concept of the pantry where everyone goes in at once. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raj-avin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Agree with u . all points well put!👏
In my opinion, the show started losing its charm since the dhaba challenge. The following challenges like Ice cream selling , mumbai chowpaty all were equally boring and unfair. So also to include:
Challenges shd be fair and cooking based not salesmanship

Stop bringing actors not related to cooking in the show just for TRP sake.

Wild card round- the idea ws a change and was looking forward to its impact in a cooking contest but tht again was a disappointment.So just stick to the original format and dont ruin the brand name Masterchef!

Anu.007 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Keep cookery competition as a cookery competition and not try to convert it into a melodramatic daily soap

Judges please judge a contestant based on the dish(es) prepared and not drama/ sob story

If at all judges/ SP have favouritism towards underserving contestants, let them give such contestants a job at their own risk, let them not spoil the whole MC concept by eliminating deserving ones and pushing up undeserving ones
Edited by Anu.007 - 10 years ago
Ritu- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
One advise
Its a cookery show keep it simple and dont over dramatise. Watch Masterchef UK and Australia and learn something. No chef Kunal or Sanjeev Kapoor.
ShahZur thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
agree and stop showing drama n sobs story , mera baita ( who is two years old) and meri nani ( who sadly not here anymore) 

it seems like they do prep for Miss world , they done same for Masterchef too
hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
And most imp of all, any previous season qualifiers (top 50?) are automatically disqualified from the auditions!
sparkle2985 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
masterchef is going way down our exceptations 
season 1 was gud 
season2 was mind blowing but 
season 3 sucks worst of all 
if points to be given out of 100
season 1 - 85-90
season 2 - 90-95
season 3 - 30-35
i am v v v unhappy and dissapointed with this season 
hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sparkle2985

masterchef is going way down our exceptations 

season 1 was gud 
season2 was mind blowing but 
season 3 sucks worst of all 
if points to be given out of 100
season 1 - 85-90
season 2 - 90-95
season 3 - 30-35
i am v v v unhappy and dissapointed with this season 

Seadon 3    (-157000)
_QueenBee_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i wish masterchef moves on to some other GEC. this season has been ruined by SP gimmicks. and i saw quite similar scenario in other dance show going on SP as well.
hope masterchef producers consider this as SP is ruining their brand. reality shows on other GEC in india are not this badly scripted.

anugupta thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Agree with all your points everyone!

And also, what is this news of MasterChef Junior? I know kids have a lot of talent and should be given a chance but kids and cooking is quite honestly a joke. Certain techniques cannot be allowed for kids and I would like MasterChef to increase their level of cooking - it's too basic. So please dont do a kids version and rather focusing on getting more advanced chefs!