The best part of playing a ghost...- Annie Gill

LavleenaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

The best part of playing a ghost on TV is that one does not really need to bother about costumes: Annie Gill

Annie Gill is quite excited about her Sony Entertainment Television show Anamika in which she plays a ghost.

"The best part of playing a ghost on TV is that that one does not really need to bother about costumes. I am always seen wearing a white suit; only the patterns keep changing. When the team talk to me about my next day's costume, I jokingly tell them to let me know when I would get to wear a different colour."

Annie does not know what the future portends for her character Rano. "As of now, she only wants to make her husband Jeet (Mudit Nayar) happy," she quips.

"The best part of Anamika is that I have got to play so many shades from a jhalli (carefree) girl to a devoted wife. Then she becomes one who stands for her rights. I have also had a chance to get killed on-screen and return as a spirit," she adds.

"I was pleasantly surprised when I was flooded with messages and phone calls from far flung countries like Norway when my death track was being beamed. All of them wanted to know whether Rano will stage a comeback or not. This just shows the power of television. I am just overwhelmed with the love and affection of my fans which straddles across all age boundaries. Would you believe that one 80 year old uncle also regularly watches Anamika," says an excited Annie.

The actress, who was first seen in Zor Ka Jhatka, is also happy with the fact thatAnamika was one of the very properties which saw a jump in ratings even during the ongoing IPL (Indian Premiere League). "We have always had decent ratings and have enjoyed a very high rank among Sony shows."

Looking ahead, this Punjabi kudi says that if she gets a breather from Anamika, she would love to go back home and spend some time with her family.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LavleenaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Welcome ðŸ˜Š
bumblebeeluna thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail