Crossing the heartbreak bridge:sameer soni

nuut thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
their was an article in Asian Age where  sameer also gave a quote 

Crossing the heartbreak bridge

Feeling devastated, locking oneself up, mourning for days with the biggest tissue box by the bedside, listening to break-up songs and uploading emotional statuses on social media and getting endless dark circles because of sleepless nights; these are some of the images that we tend to associate with a woman who has recently come out of a relationship.

Men also do get shattered by break-ups but it seems that they are better in hiding their emotions and when it comes to moving on, they do it much faster than women.
Actress Ira Dubey says, "Men are more practical, rational and logical when it comes to relationships. Their way of expressing emotions is different and that doesn't mean they are not affected by the loss. They bundle up everything inside and then move ahead. Unlike women, men don't see the end of a relationship or the loss of someone special as the end of the world."
While women are more likely to confide in close friends and family members after a breakup, men are more likely to mix their tears with beer but when no one is watching! Men are very good at hiding feelings but they undergo the same kind of emotions.
Actor Samir Soni, however, disagrees that men move on faster. He says, "I don't think emotions have anything to do with one's gender. A man is equally affected when he's hurt. It comes down to personal choice of how you want to deal with things and how you want to move on."
Often, men move on because they're supposed to. They are expected to stay strong, get out on the social circuit, and essentially, find a new partner as quickly as possible. In the end, he is "allowed" by the society to get out there and approach women right after a breakup, because of the simple fact that he's a guy. Most guys will go with this flow, follow their friends' advice, and get right back out there. It may actually hasten the healing process, but it could just be a temporary aid that suppresses real feelings that should be expressed and dealt with sooner or later.

Saras Bhaskar, psychologist and founder, Professional Counseling Services, says, "Women are more affected when they lose a loved one mainly because they invest more in a relationship. But having said that guys also undergo trauma but their way of expressing it is different. They have more outlets such as getting involved in drinks, smoking, etc but women get stuck in the past and find it more difficult to move on."
The bottom line seems to be, no matter what the ideal situation is, society and stereotypes obviously play a big role in our dating (and post-breakup) lives.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vipraja26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Tfs .

As usual  speaks his mind.
Saw  him speak about    the  topic  in  one of Rajath Kapoor's   show  .  He    did  take   a  long time to overcome his relationship with his  first  partner  in life   and had mentioned about how  hard it was for him etc...
( Traces  of kunal chopra    does  seem evident in Samir soni !).
BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

@Bold - Please tell us something new 😉

I completely agree that gender has got nothing with this. It varies from individual to individual 😃
Edited by shweta_r - 11 years ago
Fariyal thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Feel like clicking Like again & again! If ever I felt the need for a Love tab it is now😆 Move over you testosterone ridden, steroid pumping male *edited* , it's time for the sensitive guys to rise & shine.😎

There is absolutely no reason to use offensive/derogatory language to make our point. Please refrain from the same.

-PNZKSK DT

Edited by -Fivr- - 11 years ago
BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Fariyal

Feel like clicking Like again & again! If ever I felt the need for a Love tab it is now😆 Move over you testosterone ridden, steroid pumping male bimbos, it's time for the sensitive guys to rise & shine.😎

@red - 🤣
chitsss thumbnail
Nice reply Samir!👏 It's true that 'moving on' in actuality is dependent on the individual rather than gender.Like he said it's the social conventions and expectations that induce the difference.😕 
superV thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
He said almost the same thing in The Lounge with Rajat Kapoor, where he confessed that it was difficult for him to move on after the thing.

I agree with him that moving on in life has got nothing to do with gender.
In fact these days I find women to be mentally stronger than men.

chitsss thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fariyal

Feel like clicking Like again & again! If ever I felt the need for a Love tab it is now😆 Move over you testosterone ridden, steroid pumping male bimbos, it's time for the sensitive guys to rise & shine.😎

That's one 'image' you put in my darned head Fari!😆😆
rainbowgirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: chitsss

That's one 'image' you put in my darned head Fari!😆😆

And that's not a pleasant image 🤢 BTW testosterone and steroid puts in a gladrags kinda male in ones head, but am having the opposite image of that 😕 😆
Fariyal thumbnail

Originally posted by: rainbowgirl

And that's not a pleasant image 🤢 BTW testosterone and steroid puts in a gladrags kinda male in ones head, but am having the opposite image of that 😕 😆

Hey, just for the record I have nothing against the rippled Romeos, woh bhi Qubool Hai🤣