kiran karmarkar choti choti baatein SBS video

refreshed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
sbs video of kiran karmarkar's segment yesterday

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzs1rp_janiye-kiran-karmakar-ko-badalte-rishton-ki-dastaan-11th-may-2013_shortfilms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

radev24 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Why all these pictures,
recipes and a song ?!?!

Need hints ?! 😉

Today is a special day because Mom is making Samosas at home. Hmmm yummy mouthwatering delicious hot hot Punjabi Samosas. Its quite obvious than what would be my recipe than? '.. Easy Samosa ' Punjabi Samosa Recipe. Its amazing to have hot Samosas with a cup of  favorite Tea.

I just love Samosas espescially the ones you get in Fame Adlabs Or theatres. I feel I goto see movies only because of my love for Samosas. I am so excited, happy to share this Easy Samosa ' Punjabi Samosa Recipe with all of you.

Easy Samosa - Punjabi Samosa RecipeEasy Samosa - Punjabi Samosa Recipe

I agree it is a cumbersome task to make Samosas home. But its not that difficult plus you can make how many samosas you want. There are no restrictions :) . Also do consider the fact of outside Samosas. We have no idea which oil they use for frying and for how many times the same oil is used? . Atleast you or your mother would take care of hygiene, oil etc'. Right!

So don't you think its worth trying once at home!

Easy Samosa - Punjabi Samosa Recipe

Also the best part is you can prepare the filling and outer covering of samosas in advance. You could use it next day when you have too many guests. Isn't that a great idea.

I hope I was convincing enough for you to make Samosas at home.

Preparation Time: 40 mins

Ingredients:

For Samosa Cover:

200 gms Maida
  • 2 tbsp Ajwain (Carom Seeds)

For Filling:

2 tbsp Chaat Masala Or Amchur Powder
    3 to 4 strands of Coriander Leaves
    1 tbsp Cumin seeds
    3 Potatoes
    2 Green Chillies
    1/2 cup Boiled Green Peas
    1/2 t/s Turmeric
    2 tbsp Kasuri Methi
  • 2 Cup Oil for frying Samosas

Method:

Samosa Cover:

Take refined flour mix Ajwain seeds along with salt and sift well.

Now add water to form a dough. It should be a soft, thick and uniform dough.

Slowly form small balls out of it. The process of making dough is quite similar to making chapatis.

For the filling:

Take Potatoes boil them or steam them. Peel off their skin. Now chop them into small pieces.

Add 1 tbsp Oil in the pan. Saute cumin seeds . Once they crackle add chopped potatoes. Mix coriander leaves, Chillies, Chat Masala Or Amchur Powder. Now also add Boiled Green peas. Combine well with a spoon. Do add Turmeric and Salt. Saute for 3 to 4 mins.

Roll the dough with a roller into round shape.

Form into a triangular or cone shape with hand.  Put inside the filling and brush some water along the side of the Samosa covering. Once you add the filling close it from all ends.

Repeat the same process with the remaining balls. Just ensure you don't add too much filling else the samosas might break while frying.

Heat oil in a vessel or kadhai. Once the oil is heated add 3 to 4 samosas to fry. Keep the gasflame low.

Once the samosas become crisp and golden brown in color. Remove them and dab tissue paper on it to remove excess oil.

Now serve these delicious punjabi samosas with sauce or chutney. Don't forget to get a cup of tea along these lovely samosas.

Tips:

You can use any vegetable filling you want like corn, prawns etc.
    Cover the filling well else it might crack while frying.
  1. Ensure the gas flame is low or medium otherwise the Samosas might burn.

Do try this Easy Samosa ' Punjabi Samosa Recipe and share your views!

Maharashtrian Style Chicken

Print Friendly and PDF
Share on facebookShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services
This is yet another recipe from Anjum's New Indian cookbook. Well, it was time for me to put that "Goda masala" to test and see how it fared in a chicken curry. Oh boy, was I blown away? My taste-buds were rejoicing all the while I was munching on tender juicy pieces of chicken that were perfectly spiced and cooked just right.

Ingredients:
    6 Chicken Thighs with Bones, skinned and halved 2 Small Onions, finely chopped
    2 Cocktail Tomatoes or any small tomatoes, pureed
    5 Green Chili, poked but left whole 1 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste (or) 1/4 Inch Ginger and 5 Cloves of Garlic, minced 1 Tbsp Goda Masala powder 1 Tsp Garam Masala powder 1 Tsp Tamarind Paste (Optional) 1 Tsp Cracked Pepper 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
  • Salt as needed

For Marinating the Chicken:

1 Tbsp Thick Yogurt
    1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
    1/4 Tsp Cracked Pepper
  • 1/8 Tsp Salt

Tool:

• Cast Iron Pan

Procedure:

Marinate the chicken for 4 hours, preferably overnight, with the ingredients under "marinade".
    Heat a tbsp of oil and brown the chicken. Set aside.
  •  
    Add the remaining tbsp of oil to the same pan and brown the onions.
    Add ginger-garlic paste a couple of minutes later and fry till it loses raw smell.
  • Add the pureed tomato, spice powder, mint and green chili along with a little water.Bring to a boil.
  • Transfer the browned chicken, salt, cracked pepper and lid the pan. Cook on medium heat for 7-8 minutes.
    Sprinkle the tamarind juice/paste, if using, and cook for 5 more minutes with lid.
  • Remove the lid and keep stirring gently until all the moisture is evaporated and the gravy clings to the chicken.
  • Serve with a steaming bowl of cooked rice.

Enjoy!

Here's a song from Panchamda's (late R D Burman) very 1st musical opus

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ beyond belief ! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdY_E2kRpvY[/YOUTUBE]

Gur ki Roti

Whole wheat flour soaked with milk-gur mixture to make sweet rotis, smeared with ghee. Deliciously sweet!

Gur ki Roti Gur ki Roti

Chef's Name

: Niru Gupta

Recipe Servings

: 12

Recipe Cook Time

: 20 Minutes

:

Ingredients

• 1.5 cups whole wheat flour

1 cup ghee

3 cups gur - grated

1 cup milk

1/8 tsp baking soda

Salt - to taste ghee for frying

Method

Dissolve the gur in half the milk over low heat and cool.

Mix the soda and salt into the atta.

Rub the ghee into the atta, and knead into a firm dough with the milk solution, adding more milk if required.

Roll into 1/4 inch thick rounds, prick and cook over low heat, smearing ghee over and around the roti.

Edited by radev24 - 10 years ago
ablazedmelody thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for sharing ..! I love samosas and meethi/gur ki roti like KK.
Shrel with all those recipes and pics you making me more hungry than I was 😒
AASUS thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
refreshed such a sweet intw. aww. Ty

Prema wow yummyilicious reply 😃 Ty.
starsanjana thumbnail

Originally posted by: radev24

Why all these pictures,
recipes and a song ?!?!

Need hints ?! 😉

Today is a special day because Mom is making Samosas at home. Hmmm yummy mouthwatering delicious hot hot Punjabi Samosas. Its quite obvious than what would be my recipe than? '.. Easy Samosa ' Punjabi Samosa Recipe. Its amazing to have hot Samosas with a cup of  favorite Tea.

I just love Samosas espescially the ones you get in Fame Adlabs Or theatres. I feel I goto see movies only because of my love for Samosas. I am so excited, happy to share this Easy Samosa ' Punjabi Samosa Recipe with all of you.

Easy Samosa - Punjabi Samosa RecipeEasy Samosa - Punjabi Samosa Recipe

I agree it is a cumbersome task to make Samosas home. But its not that difficult plus you can make how many samosas you want. There are no restrictions :) . Also do consider the fact of outside Samosas. We have no idea which oil they use for frying and for how many times the same oil is used? . Atleast you or your mother would take care of hygiene, oil etc'. Right!

So don't you think its worth trying once at home!

Also the best part is you can prepare the filling and outer covering of samosas in advance. You could use it next day when you have too many guests. Isn't that a great idea.

I hope I was convincing enough for you to make Samosas at home.

Preparation Time: 40 mins

Ingredients:

For Samosa Cover:

200 gms Maida
  • 2 tbsp Ajwain (Carom Seeds)

For Filling:

2 tbsp Chaat Masala Or Amchur Powder
    3 to 4 strands of Coriander Leaves
    1 tbsp Cumin seeds
    3 Potatoes
    2 Green Chillies
    1/2 cup Boiled Green Peas
    1/2 t/s Turmeric
    2 tbsp Kasuri Methi
  • 2 Cup Oil for frying Samosas

Method:

Samosa Cover:

Take refined flour mix Ajwain seeds along with salt and sift well.

Now add water to form a dough. It should be a soft, thick and uniform dough.

Slowly form small balls out of it. The process of making dough is quite similar to making chapatis.

For the filling:

Take Potatoes boil them or steam them. Peel off their skin. Now chop them into small pieces.

Add 1 tbsp Oil in the pan. Saute cumin seeds . Once they crackle add chopped potatoes. Mix coriander leaves, Chillies, Chat Masala Or Amchur Powder. Now also add Boiled Green peas. Combine well with a spoon. Do add Turmeric and Salt. Saute for 3 to 4 mins.

Roll the dough with a roller into round shape.

Form into a triangular or cone shape with hand.  Put inside the filling and brush some water along the side of the Samosa covering. Once you add the filling close it from all ends.

Repeat the same process with the remaining balls. Just ensure you don't add too much filling else the samosas might break while frying.

Heat oil in a vessel or kadhai. Once the oil is heated add 3 to 4 samosas to fry. Keep the gasflame low.

Once the samosas become crisp and golden brown in color. Remove them and dab tissue paper on it to remove excess oil.

Now serve these delicious punjabi samosas with sauce or chutney. Don't forget to get a cup of tea along these lovely samosas.

Tips:

You can use any vegetable filling you want like corn, prawns etc.
    Cover the filling well else it might crack while frying.
  1. Ensure the gas flame is low or medium otherwise the Samosas might burn.

Do try this Easy Samosa ' Punjabi Samosa Recipe and share your views!

Maharashtrian Style Chicken

Print Friendly and PDF
Share on facebookShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services
This is yet another recipe from Anjum's New Indian cookbook. Well, it was time for me to put that "Goda masala" to test and see how it fared in a chicken curry. Oh boy, was I blown away? My taste-buds were rejoicing all the while I was munching on tender juicy pieces of chicken that were perfectly spiced and cooked just right.

Ingredients:
    6 Chicken Thighs with Bones, skinned and halved 2 Small Onions, finely chopped
    2 Cocktail Tomatoes or any small tomatoes, pureed
    5 Green Chili, poked but left whole 1 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste (or) 1/4 Inch Ginger and 5 Cloves of Garlic, minced 1 Tbsp Goda Masala powder 1 Tsp Garam Masala powder 1 Tsp Tamarind Paste (Optional) 1 Tsp Cracked Pepper 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
  • Salt as needed

For Marinating the Chicken:

1 Tbsp Thick Yogurt
    1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
    1/4 Tsp Cracked Pepper
  • 1/8 Tsp Salt

Tool:

• Cast Iron Pan

Procedure:

Marinate the chicken for 4 hours, preferably overnight, with the ingredients under "marinade".
  • Heat a tbsp of oil and brown the chicken. Set aside.
    Add the remaining tbsp of oil to the same pan and brown the onions.
    Add ginger-garlic paste a couple of minutes later and fry till it loses raw smell.
  • Add the pureed tomato, spice powder, mint and green chili along with a little water.Bring to a boil.
  • Transfer the browned chicken, salt, cracked pepper and lid the pan. Cook on medium heat for 7-8 minutes.
    Sprinkle the tamarind juice/paste, if using, and cook for 5 more minutes with lid.
  • Remove the lid and keep stirring gently until all the moisture is evaporated and the gravy clings to the chicken.
  • Serve with a steaming bowl of cooked rice.

Enjoy!

Here's a song from Panchamda's (late R D Burman) very 1st musical opus

⭐️ beyond belief ! ⭐️

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdY_E2kRpvY[/YOUTUBE]

Gur ki Roti

Whole wheat flour soaked with milk-gur mixture to make sweet rotis, smeared with ghee. Deliciously sweet!

Gur ki Roti Gur ki Roti

Chef's Name

: Niru Gupta

Recipe Servings

: 12

Recipe Cook Time

: 20 Minutes

Recipe Rating

:
4 stars based on 4 reviews
  Added Successfully!   Already Added! Add to CookBook

Ingredients

• 1.5 cups whole wheat flour

1 cup ghee

3 cups gur - grated

1 cup milk

1/8 tsp baking soda

Salt - to taste ghee for frying

Method

Dissolve the gur in half the milk over low heat and cool.

Mix the soda and salt into the atta.

Rub the ghee into the atta, and knead into a firm dough with the milk solution, adding more milk if required.

Roll into 1/4 inch thick rounds, prick and cook over low heat, smearing ghee over and around the roti.

thankx for this...can u post it here also?

radev24 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

thankx for this...can u post it here also?

Done !
Quietude thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanx for the link he is great as Balraj

JugniPH thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
Thanks for sharing.. And prema..lovd ur post..