Posted: 10 years ago

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD !!!

After Mughal-e-Azam, my MOSTEST FAV MOVIE

is MY Dev Anand's 'GUIDE, GUIDE, GUIDE"

I must have watched Guide at least umpteen times,

so immediately recognized the words Beeji tells to the

Happy Happy Dancing Nandini 🥳 🤗🥳

Beeji words are spoken by Dev Anand to Waheeda Rehman

before Lataji sings it, before Waheedaji dances to it!

ENOUGH CLUES ?

WHAT SONG AM I TALKING ABOUT, GUYS ?????

!!! YES, YOU GOT IT GOT IT GOT IT !!! 

🥳🤗🥳🥳 🤗🥳🥳 🤗🥳

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgHEJYGjD9g[/YOUTUBE]

BY THE WAY, I GOT SO EXCITED TO OPEN THIS THREAD

THAT I HAVE NOT EVEN WATCHED THE EPI, JUST STOPPED

WATCHING THE MINUTE NANDINI HUGGED BEEJI ...

TALK ABOUT "CRAAAZY" SHREL

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AASUS thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Will watch this later. I like the scene of Nandini with Nupur and Biji. Nice to see them smile and Nandini literally dancing with them. They were all happy , though it was a fake concern that Balraj showed.
radev24 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AASUS

Will watch this later. I like the scene of Nandini with Nupur and Biji. Nice to see them smile and Nandini literally dancing with them. They were all happy , though it was a fake concern that Balraj showed.

Glad you haven't watched it yet ?!?!?! Coz "now" you have no choice but to hehe! 😃😆
Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
@radev.  one of the best movie from Navketan Films.   
radev24 thumbnail
Shobhi, how 'bout this from Navketan !

Shyama reminiscing her past, with a twist
and actually performing this kind of awesome
classical dance!

One of the best dances ever, perhaps after
Vyjayantimala's in Jewel Thief (also navketan?)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kBvonZZiDc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fwR205c0iI[/YOUTUBE]
Ms.SK thumbnail
@radev.   both dances and songs were ace.

I think waheeda rehman in real had high temp. but still performed that dance so as not to disrupt the schedule.

Also in Jewel Thief, Vijantimala choreographed that song herself !!!!

that is called professionalism.

can this be found now a days in bollywood???
radev24 thumbnail
Shobhi, not only the acute professionalism in those eras but once Hema Malini even mentioned in one of the interviews that this dance performance of Vyj is perhaps the only dance in the history of Hindi Cinema where almost entire dance was performance without editing it, except 1 or 2 spots. Can you even begin to imagine the hard work and dedication this super actress must have possessed, if not born with ?! 

I just go speechless when I watch these actors pour their souls out just for our pleasure, entertainment, education. Can there be a better gift ? Yes, they make huge money in the process but if they did not have the right attitude to start with, how and why would they give such stellar performance in the 1st place?

If a survey was done worldwide for the best Indian classical dance performance, the opinions views will vary needless to say. But I have been just so biased about My most fav movie Guide (after ME Azam) that this serpent dance is my personal MOST FAV DANCE in Hindi Cinema, even more than Mose Chhal (oh my, both M&N can dance to this number ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️,) and Piya Tose, both from Guide.

And speaking of "CHHAL", the quintessential CHHAL toh is committed by Shri 420 Balraj ... I DONT BELIEVE THIS ... I DONT BELIEVE THIS 😲😲

So here goes, Mose Chhal ... see what you made me do hahahaha !!! 👏👏👏👏👏👏

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss_zViAHLGs[/YOUTUBE]

BTW, this very looong dance item in Neelkamal is class by itself !!!
Wonder who is better between Vyj and Waheeda Rehman ...
not that there is even a need to compare ...

I get thunderstruck watching these performances ... such true and genuine talent literally reaching for the sky, with firm
footing on the ground !!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJSMfJD7ZLk[/YOUTUBE]

!!!! Breathtaking !!!!

Ms.SK thumbnail

Originally posted by: radev24

Shobhi, not only the acute professionalism in those eras but once Hema Malini even mentioned in one of the interviews that this dance performance of Vyj is perhaps the only dance in the history of Hindi Cinema where almost entire dance was performance without editing it, except 1 or 2 spots. Can you even begin to imagine the hard work and dedication this super actress must have possessed, if not born with ?! 

I just go speechless when I watch these actors pour their souls out just for our pleasure, entertainment, education. Can there be a better gift ? Yes, they make huge money in the process but if they did not have the right attitude to start with, how and why would they give such stellar performance in the 1st place?

If a survey was done worldwide for the best Indian classical dance performance, the opinions views will vary needless to say. But I have been just so biased about My most fav movie Guide (after ME Azam) that this serpent dance is my personal MOST FAV DANCE in Hindi Cinema, even more than Mose Chhal (oh my, both M&N can dance to this number ⭐️,) and Piya Tose, both from Guide.

And speaking of "CHHAL", the quintessential CHHAL toh is committed by Shri 420 Balraj ... I DONT BELIEVE THIS ... I DONT BELIEVE THIS 😲😲

So here goes, Mose Chhal ... see what you made me do hahahaha !!! 👏👏

in blue above.   that is correct for stars of golden era.  Not for recent ones who only speak in terms of crores and nothing else 
AASUS thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Prema

Happy mom's day :) hope your mom's fine.

1st vid i could nt watch cuz msg pop up "embedding disabled by request"
I'm  sure it was great.

Other vids I hv seen for 1st time. Interesting ones. It's true old or black on white movies and stars are v. hard working and made so much effort to make it perfect, it's regardless of any culture I would say so Indian Cinema is no less.

Ty 🤗 I begin to think you've done phd on Indian cinema music  😎 so you can pull out any song / vid in drop of hat and also often adding recipes too yum 😛
Well for your effort 🤗
Edited by AASUS - 10 years ago
radev24 thumbnail
Athi you cho chweeet and the plate decor yummy !! 🤗 Arre kudiye, you did not watch SBS KK Chhoti Chhoti batein  video? Coz he talks a lot of chhoti batein about himself and how good a cook / chef he is. That's why gave so many recipes !! 😃😆

No idea why you have "embedding" pop up 😕

Me come from a family of 3 gen musically-oriented-inclined. Before moving here I learned for a brief period classical music from a blind Parsi lady in bombay. Anyway long story ...😊

Here's a dedication to you shweety
👏 and me positive you will abs luv it !! 👏

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrjMgzVoCB8[/YOUTUBE]

Aadhi Soyi
Aadhi jaagi
din main dhal gayi raatain

baatain jaise
meethe khare
lamhon ki saugatain

Pighla jo yeh din
is roshni main
milne lagi hai