Gulaal

New interview of Manasi Parekh

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
Manasi Parekh Gohil on donning a new cap with her musical outing and more in a chat with TOI

Decoding the showbiz equation seems to have taken actor-singer Manasi Parekh Gohil to exploring new frontiers. Manasi, is seen multitasking in life by occupying the ad spacewith her numerous ad stints, taking up shows as an anchor and staying equally committed to hertheatrical endeavours such as the play Bahut Nachiyo Gopal. In a chat with TOI, Manasi talks about her latest creative outing (as she's coming up with her single sung along with Jahnvi Srimankar), the penchant to taking risks in entertainment and more. Excerpts from the chat:

Your play Maru Piyu Gayu Rangoon has got you so much appreciation. What made you shift focus to singing?
I've been inclined towards music and been wanting to come up with something concrete since I won the music reality show Star Ya Rockstar. In fact, I had got so many offers as an actor-singer post the show, but I wanted to do something that will give me more creative satisfaction.

Is there a risk involved in launching yourself an independent musician-singer?
As an artist you do take risks. Risks allow you to grow. The scene of independent music in India is very promising now. So I thought this is the time to come up with a single. An album would not have been financially feasible at this juncture. So Jhanvi and I produced the single ourselves. What is encouraging today is the young in India are exposed to global music and there is a huge audience in India which looks for more than just the Bollywood music. A lot of new ground is being created as a result.

Of late, one sees you multitasking. You made a debut as a theatre director and you are spotted in many TVCs as well.
It is just that I don't want to limit myself to a particular genre on TV. This made me think about doing something more than the usual stuff. I have not departed from the main occupation. All my activities are interlinked. I have just branched myself out to the allied fields of entertainment. So, I am doing ads, directing theatre and started producing plays too apart from acting in shows. I have got a show lined up. I always had that curiosity to try my hand at various things.

As a singer do you think fusion music has found patronage in India?
Experimenting and working on fusion interests me. So I took Saawariya, Thumri sung my late Nirmala Devi (Govinda's mother) and reworked with infusing electronica. Fusion of Indian classical music with a medley of Western notes always inspired me. In today's world, where almost everyone is exposed to fusion — like fusion food, many languages, even the English we speak is a fusion of English and Hindi - Hinglish. So this makes easy for independent musicians aspiring to create their own space in the hearts of music lovers.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Hai I am desperately waiting for her show!! BTW do check our her video interview and music video ..I POSTED IN THE OTHER THREAD NEILU😳
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Thanks for sharing. 😊