|~OS Contest's Only -And Winning!- Entry!~|

krystel21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

Now as you all may have noticed earlier, the OS contest was scrapped due to poor response. However, we did manage to get in one entry from shobrakapoor, which is what I am posting here, since it is not fair that her work isn't recognised.

So read on my beautiful people!

"Madhavji... ''

Came in a voice which i always loved to hear. The sweet voice of my angel, her presence is like an essence to my life. She is my success- my first love- my Aaradhya. Marrying her wasn't my aim, because I always knew that she would never like me. But it was all one true realisation, one feeling which made her mine!

[Flashback]
Holi.. the festival of colours or the festival of love, in my words. Everyone was excited and ready with their pitchkaris and stuffs, greeting others. I asual sat lonely, lost in thoughts. I still can recall the day when Aaradhya told me her feelings for Rahul... the day I cursed my looks. Since from that day, I was trying hard to make the couple together. ''Sacrifice''??? oh this word is not new for me, since I had been practicing this, ever since my childhood. I tried to forget Aaradhya, but the more I tried to relish her memory, the more I wished to get closer to her.

The day started with pooja. We invited Maan Singha family to our house to celebrate holi. I saw Aaradhya glancing at Rahul, smiling at him. But Rahul wasn't interested in her,  because he knows that she loves him thinking that he is Ehsaas. But I never told this to her. She'll feel heartbroken, and I don't want to see her in that state. I always wanted her to be happy.

''Madhav Sir...''
''Yes'' I  replied...

Aaradhya: Sir, can you just do one last thing for me?
"Why one, I'm ready to owe you , my entire life'' I thought. Finally I nodded.
''Sir, actually I did a fast for Rahul, for his well-being, neither my family nor my friends know about this.''

I shuddered. God.. how truely she loves Rahul... She even sacrificed her health for him. I just wished, my friend understood this.

''Aaradhya, are u? Are u mad? This isn't any Karwa Chauth or something that u fast for the person you love, u better eat something, ok. And its holi, time to celebrate. What if others know about your fast. U just follow my advice and have something.'' I requested her.

''I've been trying to talk with Rahul, but he never was interested. But it's u who kept on convincing me that he loves me more than anything. If he loves me, then I'm sure, he'll come to break my fast. Only then i'll end this...''

I really felt sorry for her. She really looked weak and tired. I ran towards Rahul. He was splashing out colours with Pallavi. I took him to a corner and informed the matter.

Rahul: Madhav? Are you crazy? Look, i've been listening to you everytime, I always fulfilled your requests. But this? No way i can help u in this. U see, I don't believe in this true love stuffs, it's just nothing for me. I'm fed up acting like her loverboy, sending her messages, all that is written by you. Dude, its you, who is destined for her. Just reveal u strongely u love her. I'm sure she'll accept you. 

''No Madhav, she 'll never love me. My looks... no! I don't wish to ruin her life.''

''Sorry, I can't love that fantasy type girl, world has changed, but still she believes in Prince-Charming... how crazy she is?''

I held his collar tightly, then left it. anger is not a solution to any problem. I pleaded him, begged him. After a while, when I just turned around, I saw Aaradhya in the verge of tears. The moment I went closer to her, she fell down, yes, she fainted due to lack of energy. She was lying down on my lap. I caressed her face. I called for help, but everyone was busy dancing, fighting with colours. Some of them was drinking bhaang too.

Finally i carried her in my arms, took her to my room. I know she is hurt, i can understand her situation because I myself has faced it several times. I gave water to her. She thanked me, tried to be happy, so that noone doubted. I requested her to have something. She had no emotions, she looked at me dejected, her liveliness, all gone. The next day the news came to me that she wants to marry me. I wasn't knowing what to do. I agreed. And now we're married.

I wiped the tears from my eyes. How fast the whole world, changed in for me. I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned around to see Aaradhya, my wife.

''Breakfast is ready, please come down.'' She was about to go, but I held her hand.

''Why did u sacrifice your life marrying me, I know you never loved me, I 'm not your dream-man... why did you do this to ur life?''

She looked at me for a seconds, her expressions tough to recognise, finally she broke down and hugged me tightly.

''And why did u love me so much, eventhough u know I loved Rahul the most, u were always there to understand my feelings, u helped me alot. And those letters? the words in it, only a person who knows the value of love can write it, and ur my true love! U may not be my dream-man, you may not be my Prince Charming, but u'll be the only one who could make me happy. And what more is required when u know that there's someone to care for u, someone to love u. I've never sacrificed my life, Madhavji, infact i gave a new definition to my life marrying u, u'll be my best partner''

There were true emotions in her words. her words went into my heart. Finally she loves me, she accepted me, i wasn't knowing what to do, but I just hugged her back. I broke the hug, cupped her face, wiped off her tears, she looked down at me.

''I promise that, i'll never let u cry, ever''  I kissed her forehead. ''I Love U'' she replied and kissed me on my cheek.giving sparks to my heart. The day i waited for has come, the day of being accepted by ur true soul. Wow, how sweet is the pain and fruit of sacrifice!!

''I love u too''    I replied...

On behalf of the DT, we sincerely apologise to the writer. Its quite unfair that due to poor response, she lost the chance of possibly winning, since this was a genuinely good piece.

*EDIT*

Since Hina mentioned in her post below, there are more contests coming up, please keep a lookout for it, and PARTICIPATE! These contests are for YOU to enjoy! So bring your friends along and participate in the contest, and enjoy the show at the same time!

-On Behalf of DKNSK DT
Edited by BalamPichkaari - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9

Thanks for sending in the entry Shobra...It sure is a winner :)

thanks for posting Rit๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ ;ets hope we get a better response with the future contests๐Ÿ˜ณ
ApoorvaFan thumbnail
Nicely written... congrats...
.m.a.r.y.s.i.o. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
i'm sorry i couldn't give in my entries ritchelle...๐Ÿ˜”
i was kinda...hmm...stuck somewhere...[:{]
hey but shobra's piece of writing is superb...three cheers for her...๐Ÿ˜ƒ
badam-chi-rani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
cvs u need to read this. well this is the love story we as viewers accept. not the the same old crappy formula!!!!๐Ÿ˜†

Shobhra you deserve ๐Ÿ‘ this.

Ek pyaar bhara  ๐Ÿค—from me.

By the way, when was this competition held? And what does OS mean?
Edited by smrititen - 11 years ago
krystel21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: smrititen

cvs u need to read this. well this is the love story we as viewers accept. not the the same old crappy formula!!!!๐Ÿ˜†

Shobhra you deserve ๐Ÿ‘ this.

Ek pyaar bhara  ๐Ÿค—from me.

By the way, when was this competition held? And what does OS mean?

The contest began around 3-4 weeks ago, but this was the only entry we received. OS=One Shot, a story which has only ONE part. 
adi.cutiepie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
wow awesomely written! shobra nice work!๐Ÿ‘ i loved it!
shobrakapooor thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Thank you so much DT for posting my OS on the forum...
I was surprised to know that only i had send in the entry... :(
Happy that everyone liked it, it really feels great!