Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hateme2 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: UMDU

No matter what the trend is, DABH has been in the top irrespective of the point difference. Whether you top with 2% difference or 10, what does it matter if you have topped. DABH to my knowledge, only dropped when TRPS stopped being published, but immediately gained their position once the TRPS were again being published. While PKDH as far as I know has never ever reached the top even for a week. Where is the comparison ? Comparisons even if done should be with those shows who at some stage did reach the top . PKDH does not fit that bill. 

Umaji, I have not told anyway, one is better than other. I love both shows.

As a DABH lover, definitely I can think, why the TRP is not consistent around 

5.5 to 6.0.

You have misunderstood me.

Acceptability depends on multiple things like content, story telling,

time slot and types of viewer.

Somebody asked about SC. I occasionally watch, but I am reluctant 

To enter that forum. If you visit, you will understand.

Once again, my two fav two shows. The number of words, I have

written for DABH heroine, wrote less than 5% of that for the 

counterpart of PKDH .

UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
AKji, my intention was not to offend you in any way. Since you gave the list of difference between these two shows, I also could compare these two only. The popularity of a show no doubt depends a lot on the time slot, but to retain the 9 time slot requires consistent TRPS. So you get a time slot if you have the numbers. It is impossible for any show to have consistently 5.6 to 6 TRPS. That is normally achieved once in a while when there is a high point in the story. The points in 4s are ok if the serial is almost a year old. Even if it is 2 to my mind it is ok if others are below you. You have to be above, no matter what the numbers. That is my understanding of the telly world from what ever I have read. There is no definite formula in this. Some stories and chemistry work some don't. This is just my POV on the subject. Once again I reiterate I meant no offense.
..Anusha.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Whoa Uma!  Some good analysis of DABH trps I must say. They had 5.9 one week in Feb I think. Really phenomenal in the current climate of fierce competition. Whatever our opinions, the CVs have hit some mother lode and it's just raining trps no matter what. 
hateme2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: UMDU

AKji, my intention was not to offend you in any way. Since you gave the list of difference between these two shows, I also could compare these two only. The popularity of a show no doubt depends a lot on the time slot, but to retain the 9 time slot requires consistent TRPS. So you get a time slot if you have the numbers. It is impossible for any show to have consistently 5.6 to 6 TRPS. That is normally achieved once in a while when there is a high point in the story. The points in 4s are ok if the serial is almost a year old. Even if it is 2 to my mind it is ok if others are below you. You have to be above, no matter what the numbers. That is my understanding of the telly world from what ever I have read. There is no definite formula in this. Some stories and chemistry work some don't. This is just my POV on the subject. Once again I reiterate I meant no offense.

Umaji, it is just exchange of views.

The bottom line is once again,

" To be on top is tough, but to remain there is tougher ".

.Ami. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Simple Formula - If you ain't intend to compare two shows then don't include TRP of any other show in your thread.
hateme2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Amlu-

Simple Formula - If you ain't intend to compare two shows then don't include TRP of any other show in your thread.

Definitely will keep in mind.

Thanks.