HT-M-Monas show to go off air

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
  • 11 Apr 2013
  • Hindustan Times (Mumbai)
  • Kavita Awaasthi kavita.awaasthi@ hindustantimes. com

MONA SINGH'S SHOW TO GO OFF AIR

Low ratings drive producers' decision to pull the plug; final episode will be telecast in May

From page 01 There's bad news for Mona Singh's fans. The actor's show Kya Hua Tera Vaada (KHTV) will soon be taken off air. The decision to pull the plug on the Balaji Telefilms show that was launched in January 2012 was driven by the low ratings it has been getting.

When we contacted Mona's co-star, Hiten Tejwani, he claimed to know nothing about the development. "I have no clue. Yes, I have heard the rumours, but no one from the production house has intimated us yet," he says. However, producer Ekta Kapoor confirms the news, saying, "Yes, it (taking the show off air) was decided long ago."

Mona, who made a successful debut as the lead character of the show Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin in 2003, took up KHTV on Sony after a long gap. For six years before this show, she hosted a variety of reality shows.

KHTV's final episode will air towards the end of May. A new historical show on Maharana Pratap will replace it, promos for which are already on air.

Insiders reveal that Sony had high hopes from Mona's show, as her previous fiction serial was a big hit. But the show's story and the lack of chemistry between the lead actors are suspected as the main reasons for the dwindling TRPs. Sony officials remained unavailable for comments.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xxRiaKapoorxx thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
NOOO ðŸ˜­

I really really hope this isnt true! I am LOVING ViBu. I will be so heartbroken if it ends. WE WANT TO SEE VIBU'S LOVE STORY ðŸ˜­ pleaseee

--Saina-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Nooo ...the love story just started yaar ...not fair ..i will be super upset😭
fan145 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i actually started watching this show just recently tht tooo for vibul..
blyton thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
High time...it should have been taken off air long ago. Some coincidence that both of Mona's serials: JJKN and KHTV, ended in May.
Ritu- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I am sorry to say but tis high time that its pulled of air. I am sick and tired of Mona and Anu crap drama. It has been going on too long and to be honest I was looking forward to Vihaan and Bulbul love story but not anymore. I have lost interest now. After watching yesterday's epi I am now sure that there will be even more un necessary drama in Vibu love story too.   Edited by -Ritu567- - 11 years ago
tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i also wanted BB-vihaan love story 2 take off alongwid oder sensible track but it seems ekta & her CVs've lost their brains sumwhere. they cud'd easily show their track & oder tracks  also  & then they cud ended it after 2-3 months as story has really saturated.but this stretching of anu-mona drama made it loose TRPs oderwise post-leap the show has bit potnl in it but they cudn't use it!!
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
If they expected MONA to  do  wonders for SONY they should have made  JJKN sequel rather than KHTV. KHTV was trash right from the start. Only now  it was interesting and definitely watchable. Both the couples were amazing..Bulbul & Vihaan and Mona & Jatin.

Right from the beginning  the casting was wrong/ the story of a philandering husband simply won't click in this day and age. Hats off to Mona for putting up with all along and not quitting like the others.

Edited by Mithuu - 11 years ago
Anshi7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i dont want this show to end...
ijust started to watch this for vibul and now its going off-air...thats not fair...
Mogwai thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This doesn't really come as a surprise. It was simply a matter of time.