Thoughts on RK...and my past

Posted: 11 years ago
I made this post over in frustration thread however not everyone visits that thread. For some reason, maybe selfish, I want more people to read my thoughts.

Originally posted by: rahmona_pakswe

I am incredibly frustrated with RK (this is about RK and NOT Vivian, he is playing RK tremendously well). RK's behaviour towards Madhu is hard to digest. I can not find one reason that justifies his behaviour. I can't go "he's so hot it's ok if he treats women badly", "he was abandoned by his father it's ok to be rude towards everyone", "oh poor him...he was so alone growing up it's ok if he lash out on every walking talking person". Just because you had a difficult past does not give you the right to behave badly.

Maybe his treatment of Madhu reminds me of my own past which might be the reason why I get so emotional. My ex-husbands never hit me but their words and behaviour hit me emotionally harder than anything. I try to detach myself while watching the show but sometimes it hits a nerve and it hurts like hell!!!

The only way I could forgive RK will be through redemption. That doesn't mean he has to become lovesick puppy making moon eyes at Madhu. He should keep his personality but add a bit of humanity.

Disclaimer: I will NOT tolerate bashing or mocking in my topic. I don't bash or mock others and I expect the same from you. Healthy and mature discussions are accepted with open arms. Thanks!

Dear Mods if I have broken any rule please close the topic.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

utopia88 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome post Mona! I agree with you! 👍🏼

RK needs to repent! He betrayed Madhu! He needs to let go of his huge ego. Hopefully Madhu won't go back to RK too easily. I'm also sorry that you had to deal with emotional abuse in real life. 😊
EnchantedForest thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Great post! It is disgusting to see ppl supporting such emotionally abusive relationship!
abhaylovepia thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
we all are agree with you that's the reason of mine to stop watching this show how cvs think that RK character which they are portray is forgive able to any women i m not married but i understand that no women can tolerate this type of psycho guys i want to say that cvs are sick
they totally spoil or destroy madhubala  story rk character i am big fan of Vivian d Sena from PKYEK only because of his performance and because of RK character i stop watching this show. i don't believe that any women has such power a husband humiliate her that much and after that second day she is on job or doing job with that husband
i believe that fiction films too has some subject but what in this show don't understand.
undisclosed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

its becoming unbearable to even read the WU much less watch it...I do not see the justification either...the picture being painted of RK is actually terrible...

-Nightingale- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
nice post Mona...

I wonder what CVs are trying to do with RKs character...he is literally turning out to be psychopath...how can any redemption work on him..

not just RKs...even Madhubalas character is being played with showing her weak before RK...

where is it all leading to...with no heroine track anywhere near...just giving a bad message to everyone I guess...
Silentsoul thumbnail
Mona I can say I have seen such abusive relationsip of frnd...she with no self respect forgave her husband tons of times...to be tortured mentally...physically at his hand...and still with him

I find no difference between her...and Madhu...this show is just plain torture...In saas bahu drama...a poor bechari abla naari bear all humilitaion and torture of her Saas...we call it melodramatic...Here this poor bechari Madhu take all crap...all humiliation from her husband...I

nital day RK grey shades made this show interesting...NOwdays he looks to me  total black with sign of any iota of humanity anywhere or pure physcopath who need treatment...like KVB in Saubhagyawati...YOU are my property...Like it or hate it you are my property...I have right to ruin you...humiliate you...and Madame Madhu give so big lecture in court ...to her mother...but when it comes to her.,..she is nothing more than plain abla naari.with no self respect at all...whom I cant even sympathize anymore...

Not even actors...DD VD ...can,t make me watch this utter rubbish abuse its rather pukish...

Kul if you remember me
Edited by Silentsoul - 11 years ago
Panthera thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: utopia88

Awesome post Mona! I agree with you! 👍🏼

RK needs to repent! He betrayed Madhu! He needs to let go of his huge ego. Hopefully Madhu won't go back to RK too easily. I'm also sorry that you had to deal with emotional abuse in real life. 😊

Abusers do not repent!!! Ask Mona ...did her 2 ex husbands repent? Did they change???

As for you ask yourself this question:

At the cost of countless girls in real life being influenced into thinking characters like RK repent and change, do you want CVs to show RK repenting? Just because Vivian is so good lucking and both him and Drashti Dhami are such good actors and the ways the scenes are shown of them togather, it looks good. Is it worth it?
Think of the damage.

Panthera thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: rahmona_pakswe

I made this post over in frustration thread however not everyone visits that thread. For some reason, maybe selfish, I want more people to read my thoughts.

Disclaimer: I will NOT tolerate bashing or mocking in my topic. I don't bash or mock others and I expect the same from you. Healthy and mature discussions are accepted with open arms. Thanks!

Dear Mods if I have broken any rule please close the topic.

Honey I am so sorry for you for what you went through. There are countless girls and women who endure this and much worse.

Did YOUR ex husbands repent and change??? No they didn't. So why are you still expecting this? Even in a serial? Don't you think showing RK as repenting and Madhu living with him happily ever after sends out the wrong  msg that men like him change? Think of the countless young naive impressionable girls who will think that their love and support with change a man like this and that he will love them back. Abusers do not change.

Please read my thread, and the number of forum members who agree with you that RK is an abuser and a psychopath 😊

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3525939

Rolzz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Sorry to hear about your experience...

It definitely touches a nerve when the abuse crosses a line and totally sad to see people calling at as "entertainment "! 

Even reading the WU creeps me out..

This romanticising of emotional abuses, portrayal of females as putty in the hands of handsome hot sexually charged men, mockery of marriage, objectification of women...everything is just disgusting!!

I do agree its reel and and nobody is taking moral lessons from a fictional show...but still there is a limit after which it becomes hard to watch!