TOI : Kiran Karmarkar:Additi and I will be...

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago

Kiran Karmarkar:Additi and I will be the Raakhee & Amitabh of Television

TNN | Apr 8, 2013, 06.02 PM IST

inShare
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Raakhee Bachchan|Kiran Karmarkar|Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan|Amitabh Bachchan|Additi Gupta
Kiran Karmarkar:Additi and I will be the Raakhee & Amitabh of Television
Kiran-Additi
After having spent so much time working in the industry together, it's very natural for two actors to develop a bonding which probably goes beyond the definition of being just colleagues.

A similar respected equation is shared by the very brilliant Kiran Karmarkar and the talentedAdditi Gupta who are currently sharing screen space in Zee TV's Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan. 

On a recent trip to Nagpur for the show's promotion, Kiran Karmarkar was heard praising Additi who plays his daughter-in-law in the show. "Additi played my daughter in a show we did together earlier and in Daastan, she plays my daughter-in-law I was ragging Additi and told her that one day soon, she and I will be like Raakhee and Amitabh Bachchan of television. Rakhi is one actress who has played Amitabh Bachchan's lover in Trishool and essayed his mother's role in Kasme Vaade. I keep telling her that very soon she'll be cast as my mother too...," laughs the actor. 

Says Additi, "Kiran ji is like an institution. You can learn so much from him. I absolutely adore him as a person and admire him as an actor. He keeps everybody in splits on the sets with his terrific sense of humor. He keeps giving me acting tips all the time. Recently on his advice, I bought a Hindi novel. He says reading in Hindi improves ones vocabulary and helps in mouthing Hindi dialogues better. And I realised he was so right...it wonderful to work with him and every role I've played opposite him has been a learning experience for me!" 

Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan is a story of three characters, Meera, Nandini and Balraj whose fates are embroiled in a shared tragedy. Kiran Karmarkar plays the character of Balraj, the patriarch of a family who will go to any lengths for a male heir. His well planned life suddenly comes to an abrupt halt when his only son passes away and his daughter in law (Additi Gupta) suffers a miscarriage. Nandini, played by Additi Gupta is Balraj's daughter in law whose life comes crashing down when she hears about her husband's untimely demise and learns about his affair with another woman. Meera (played by Sanjeeda Sheikh) is a free spirited independent girl who lives an idyllic life in the picturesque valley of Shimla. She gets the biggest blow of her life when she hears about her beloved's accidental death and subsequent discovery of the fact that he was a happily married man! To add to the woes, she realises soon after that she is pregnant with his child...in the current track one will see the Asthana family showering all the attention on Meera once they come to know that she is bearing Annirudh's child. Nadini feels neglected and let down by the family. Balraj on the other hand is trying to conduct a sex determination test on Meera's unborn child. Will he succeed?? 

To know more about what happens with Balraj, Meera and Nandini, watch Badalte Rishton ki Daastan, every Mon- Fri at 10 PM, only on Zee TV!
thanks for sharing... Kiranji and Additi are the best...
so now the asthana family will start loving meera and will ignore nandini..very unfortunate...
and balraj is trying to do sex determination of meeras kid... he is a crazy man...Edited by nitya89 - 10 years ago
Thanks for sharing!
Kiran ji and Additi are both amazing actors and doing a great job in Dastaan! 👏
Additi has played his daughter before.. Does anyone know in which show? Just curious now.

So it says the Asthana family will shower all their attention on Meera just because she is pregnant with Ani's child... I can't help but feel so sad (and angry at the same time!) when I think of Nandini. Every single person she has invested her time and life in has or will let her down. If I was in her place, I'd feel like there is nothing and no one to live for anymore. And all this is going to happen in HER own house, which belongs to her.  

About Balraj trying to know the sex of the child, I think he won't be able to, and everyone will be kept in suspense until the child is born. 
Thanks divya...
Glad to know of their bond..kiran ji and AG were great as father daughter duo..and they are doing great as sasur bahu too..
Sad to know that Asthana's will Ignore nandini..but lets see how the story unfolds..
Originally posted by tamanna_20

<font color="#663366">Thanks for sharing!</font>
<font color="#663366">Kiran ji and Additi are both amazing actors and doing a great job in Dastaan!👏</font>
<font color="#663366">Additi has played his daughter before.. Does anyone know in which show? Just curious now.</font>
<font color="#663366">
</font>
<font color="#663366">So it says the Asthana family will shower all their attention on Meera just because she is pregnant with Ani's child... I can't help but feel so sad (and angry at the same time!) when I think of Nandini. Every single person she has invested her time and life in has or will let her down. If I was in her place, I'd feel like there is nothing and no one to live for anymore. And all this is going to happen in HER own house, which belongs to her. </font>
<font color="#663366">
</font>
[DIV]<font color="#663366">About Balraj trying to know the sex of the child, I think he won't be able to, and everyone will be kept in suspense until the child is born.
Additi played kiranji's daughter in Zindagi kahe smile please..it was a show on lifeok..Edited by -raiAasma- - 10 years ago
Additi played kiranji's daughter in Zindagi kahe smile please..it was a show on lifeok..

Thanks! 😊 
aww they share such an amazing bond! so sweet, so caring ...

God Bless them! Thankx for sharing :)
Aww they share a sweet bond, love them
And coming back to the asthanas, they make me sick, ignoring nandini just because meera is pregnant, how much more pain will nandini have to endure hope they introduce a saviour for her! I.e. a male lead opposite her...
not the whole family ..
it will be only ammaji, and balraj
to some extent biji too
but i doubt shama, akhil, nupur will accept meera ..

Thanks for it Divs :) I didn't see your post, others also shared here. Awesome interview and sweet article.