The week that went by : Reading Asad.

MoronsKiMallika thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

He stood by her like a rock when she collapsed.He heard her when nobody else did. He saw her at her weakest and he became her strongest. He is the answer to all her questions , no matter how long she takes to realize it. Her tears show up in his eyes. She is his missing smile, his lost laughter and his unknown childhood. He loves her - against himself, against all reason and against all his definitions of sanity. But that love stays in his heart, never filtering to his mouth , even though it shows up as saline water in his eyes now and then - and as tenderness of a smile on his otherwise rock-like face. 

Does Asad know he loves Zoe? Has he realized and accepted it? What makes him go out of his way and adhere to desperate measures to stop her from leaving but never stand and retrospect why he did what he did? He can take her in his arms and protect her from the world, but why does he feel she needs to be protected from him? He reads the questions, the signs, the longing in her eyes when she desperately waits for that one short sentence from him - Mut jaao, Zoya. But he averts his eyes, leaves the room , only to come back with a solution that equals Mut jaao, Zoya. 

Perhaps, to love and to realize, accept and live the tests of love are two entirely different things. What stands in Asad's way, is not his ego and pride as some people perceive. Its little Asad who is standing between Asad and Zoe. Little Asad who saw the so-called true love of his parents Dilshaad-Rashid crumble like a cookie. A growing-up Asad who saw his mother suffer one misery after the other in poverty, a broken heart and Rashid's love. Asad who sees his father first and foremost a cowardly spineless lover/husband. Then, he looks at his mother again - still suffering because she loves Rashid. 

For Asad, his parents are the ultimate tale of a failed love spangled with deceit, longing , backstab and all the negativity that you can attach to the repercussions of emotions. For Asad, love only brings suffering and you are ill-fated to hurt the person you love. This is so deeply embedded in Asad that he has a hunch that he will also break a woman's heart if he fell in love - just like Rashid broke Dilshad's. Asad is very vulnerable and fragile on the inside, and he knows he will not be able to take an injury in love or live with the horror of ruining a woman. 

So, when Asad looks at his gregarious, flawless , beautiful Zoe, little Asad stops him from choosing his heart over his head. It reminds him that its him who is a misfit to be someone's lover, husband and soulmate. Don't forget what happened with your parents. Don't you know that you are fated to do the same? Let her remain Miss.Farooqui , don't make her your Zoya. 

Asad reads the red caution sign board and he steps back. He can be Zoe's everything - he is - but he cannot say it to her.How can he? Little Asad stands in his way. His parents stand in his way. And maybe, even destiny stands in his way. 

And who knows which way fate will go? Tomorrow, Zoe might have to choose between Asad and Gaffur. Asad might have to choose between Zoe and Dilshaad. Asad's hunch is not for nothing. Somewhere, a voice inside him is telling him that Zoe maybe your destiny but are you and her ready for the pathway that leads to it?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-MitwaIshqPe- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Res

Unres

Sorry Vicky cricket ki wajha se I totally forgot I reserved your post! πŸ˜†
I missed your posts so much last week. Kahan ti tum?
Your post is amazing and I totally agree with everything you mentioned. Loved every single episode last week. AsYa were awesome as always but Surbhi stole the show for me last week her acting was mindblowing! πŸ‘πŸ‘
About Asad I just wish he could see this post because I bet if he did he wouldnt spend another second in denial and would going running and confess to his Kaneez. Lekin its a drama so its not possible so soon!
Again lovely post! 😳

Edited by Nisbahx - 11 years ago
blueflames thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Reswa

Unres.

First of alll Thank you for posting , i really missed your analysis in such a crucial confused state of things. As usual an amazing postwa.

You have beautifully described the turmoil and hesitation of Asad, it gives s strong insight into Asad's character... are you seriously not related in the making of QH. Because app ki analysis is like a student guide for the subject called QH

😳 Edited by blueflames - 11 years ago
t1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I've missed your posts all week!
I haven't even read this post yet, going to read it now, but wanted to be one of the first to like and comment (even if it was just to tell you this haha)
And I know it'll be yet another great post!
Okay, I'm going to stop talking crap and read the post πŸ˜Š

EDIT* - like I predicted, great post! 
"her tears show up in his eyes" - so true! And vice versa, she also feels his pain. You know that no matter where their story is heading, they will always be there for each other.
Edited by t1234 - 11 years ago
Madame_Noddy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Do you live in Asad's head??? This post is AWESOME!!!!! You described his situation perfectly!!!
FhatTheWuck. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
NVICKKKYYY

UN RES

OKAY SO GLAD UR POSTS ARE SHOWING UP NOW HAHAH :P

How u ?

Okay I loved this one! Asad would need you to say all this so he can be understood and he can understand himself hahaha!

πŸ‘ Spoken my mind exactly as well!!

Edited by Ishaaxx - 11 years ago

Originally posted by: loveQH

Do you live in Asad's head??? This post is AWESOME!!!!! You described his situation perfectly!!!

Thank you. Lol, no. I don't live in Asad's head. I just try cracking open his head, taking courage from Zoe.πŸ˜†
DreA thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Beautiful!! πŸ‘
Aww I missed seeing your postsπŸ˜ƒ

CRAP...I tried to make the first page πŸ˜”Edited by Drea_QH1fan - 11 years ago
abditory. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Asad Ahmed Khan - The Lion
He is man of dignity and pride. He has everything money, fame but one piece is missing in his life Love. When Zoya entered his life, it took a roller coaster turn. We saw different and multilayered Asad. A broken Asad, a smiling Asad, romantic Asad, confused Asad. In other words The real Asad. He doesnt believe in love. He has suffered throughout his childhood. He has seen how his father betrayed his mother. That day he shut the door of his heart for love. He is afraid that he may hurt the girl whom he loves. He has fallen for Zoya but will not admit it. He will be there for her in all her happiness and sadness. To admit his feelings, he has to live his past behind which is quite difficult. The big question is will he accept Zoya after knowing she is the daughter of man who destroyed his family? We have to find out.
Amazing post and ehh I was out of town and now I m back:))
Edited by Salwa_Mehrin - 11 years ago

Originally posted by: t1234

I've missed your posts all week!

I haven't even read this post yet, going to read it now, but wanted to be one of the first to like and comment (even if it was just to tell you this haha)
And I know it'll be yet another great post!
Okay, I'm going to stop talking crap and read the post πŸ˜Š

EDIT* - like I predicted, great post! 
"her tears show up in his eyes" - so true! And vice versa, she also feels his pain. You know that no matter where their story is heading, they will always be there for each other.

Thanks and you are so sweet!πŸ˜† πŸ€—...Its true. No matter where the story is going, Asad and Zoe are going to stay entwined, no matter who comes and goes in and out of their lives. Its just the two of them and everyone else who crosses their relationship is an OUTSIDER.