Ramayan WU 24/3 Sita in Lanka & Ram meets shabari*

daffodil81 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the update!

I saw the episode.  A couple of things puzzled me about Jatayu's funeral.  They wanted to make it more detailed, fine, but Rama is only known to have threatened Varuna when he wanted to make the bridge to Lanka.  Here, they showed him threatening Saraswati when she didn't show up so that Jatayu's remains could be immersed.  Since in that geography, Saraswati didn't exist, couldn't they have used the nearest river?  Also, them showing Rama threatening rivers whenever they don't do his bidding makes the depiction rather bizzare - this is assuming that one of the Ramayans that is cited actually has it, and Sagar Pictures didn't just pull it out of thin air.

Also, Jatayu was a vulture.  How did his remains have peacock feathers? ðŸ¤ª

The Sabari scene - was it really necessary to show Lakshman disgusted at the fruits being already bitten?  Actually, the way they showed it was like they had been cut w/ a knife, rather than bitten.  Actually, this is one story that I don't like, since it promotes an unhygienic approach towards eating, and so I wouldn't have held it against Lakshman even if he did react that way.  But does anyone know of any account where Lakshman reacted that way?
K__S thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
^^ I remember Lakshman being disgusted only.. It was show in BR Chopra's Mahabarat also.. Not sure if it was shown in 'Sab se Uchi Prem Sagai' sequence or shown separately, but there also Lakshman could not hide he was disgusted..
Incense thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanks alot...😊

shabari's berries is mentioned in padma purana.😳...later lots of versions modified it some of them claimed tht lakshmana felt unconcious in the battle as he didnt tasted those berries which were kind of tonic/immunity to fight against demons some folk tales depicted tht berries lakshmana threw away became sanjeevani, the very herb tht cured lakshmana😳
these versions and folklores are so popular tht it surpassed the valmiki and tulsidas version... infact in every pics u will find lakshman sulking at the sight of those berries
Edited by arti07 - 11 years ago
EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
@Vrish :

here are the details 
The spot where a wounded Jatayu was found by Lord Rama is on the outskirts of the Taaked village [1942'1.86"N, 7346'33.93"E] in Nashik District in the state of Maharashtra. While Jatayu was wounded and lying on the ground when Lord Rama arrived, Lord Rama sensed the end result and decided that Jatayu get moksha. Lord Rama hit an arrow in the ground so as to call all seven sacred rivers, called teertha. Six rivers' waters arrived, one river water failing to obey Lord Rama's call. Since Lord Rama was himself an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, He forced the Gaya teertha to arrive at the spot. Finally Jatayu was given the waters of seven rivers and he attained moksha. Today, the six river waters are seen together in one pond, whilst the seventh is a few feet away as a punishment. It mixes with the remaining six waters in an invisible manner. Taaked village remains a tourist and religious attraction today. A fair is organized on the Mahashivratri festival near the sacred water pond.

and secondly,  the peacock feathers were not shown as remains of jatayu. ram notices them  during their padyatra after jatayu's cremation . To me it looked like he noticed some peacock feathers lying on the ground which makes him emotional and he remembers sita

and lastly, yes  there are versions which says lakshman showed aversion to eat bhers.
Edited by nneeiill - 11 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Neill

Thanks for all these details.