ToujoursPur thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
THE PROPOSAL

Swayam paced the floor nervously.

Checked his watch, like he had been doing intermittently, every 15 seconds or so, so far.

Why was Sharon never on time? Oh actually...i'm early he reminded himself.

"swayam?" her voice rang out from behind him. "sorry, mujhe voh d3 ke cine awards guest performance offer ke kuch paperwork complete karne mey late ho gaya...but tumne achanak yaha kyun bulaya? Hum toh aaj dinner pe jane wale they na?"

Swayam and Sharon had been together since the last year of their college. They had completed college, and they were both busy in making their careers in the field they love the most... their dance. The d3 team had shows together, but swayam, rey, Sharon , Vicky and neha also did individual shows. Swayam and sharon's shows round the world kept them apart a lot, for weeks at a time...but that was made their time together so special and precious...the fact that both of them had realized in their last four years as a couple...that home was where their heart was.and their hearts were in the other's safekeeping.

It was sharon's birthday tomorrow...and swayam  would not have missed it for the world anyway...but fortunately, both were in Mumbai for the whole month. They were delighted at the prospect of being able to spend a whole month in each other's company. They had decided to go out for dinner tonight and both knew that they would not say goodbye until the clock struck the beginning of sharon's birthday. Anyhow, whenever they went out for dinner, they stayed until the waiters started clearing the tables ...caught up in their paradise...their bubble of bliss.

She would enjoy with her friends...her entire team, her bff, tomorrow; but the right to be the first wish her in person, belonged to her swayam and swayam only. Her best birthday gift was looking into his eyes and knowing that this person was hers for keeps...and his eyes shone everytime he got to be with her...shone, with the love, over which, she and she only had claim.

But he had called her up and demanded that she meet him earlier than planned.

"ha, Sharon...vo...mujhe tumhe kuch..."

"swayam tumhe paseena kyun aa raha hain? Any problem?" Sharon asked anxious at his fidgety manner.

Swayam moved closer...and held her close...sharon...still perplexed...moved into his embrace. As she rested her head on her special bolster...reposing her head on his shoulder...he murmured, kissing her hair..."aankhe bandh karo" he commanded.

"meri birthday present den eke liye itna drama...swayam...kya.."Sharon smiled into his shirt, and lifted her face up to his to demand a kiss. But he was not to be deterred. He made her close her eyes, placing his hand softly but firmly over her area of vision.

When he removed it...sharon was dumbstruck. A brilliant solitaire ring sat nestled in his palm...and swayam slowly knelt, in front of her.

"Sharon...i know its a bit sudden...but, i ...i have to ask you. I have waited a very long time...sharon...for you...and i would wait, you know...for however long a time you want to take to settle down...its just that, i must ask you, to be mine...forever, i wanna ask you to marry me...and be together, i love you...you know that, always..." he rushed out.

"no". Sharon breathed out...as soon as she found her voice.

"what?" swayam stared..."i know you don't wanna settle down this fast...but, Sharon ekdum mana hi kar rahi ho? " he whined dolefully and pouted. His face fell. "chalo theek hai...waise bhi pehli baar mujhe ha kab bola hai tumne...i'll ask you again in a few years, you know...its not like i'm gonna give up on you...cause i know you love me." he teased. .apparently not much disappointed"chalo dinner pe chalte hai".he sighed dragging his feet to the exit.

"um...actually...i..."Sharon hurried behind him, her voice stopped him...and he turned...to find Sharon holding a cash memo...and waving it in his face.

"what?" swayam was bewildered.

"one and a half weeks ke baad tumhara birthday aa raha hai na...so..i thought ki ...tum hamesha mujhe puchte aaye ho, and mai akru hoke refuse karti ayi hu kitne baar tumhe disappoint kiya, hurt kiya...actual proposal ...matlab official...shaadi vala...mai usdin dungi tumhe...because you deserve better from me...aur maine tumhare liye ring bhi khareed li hai...voh toh ttumhare b'day wale din ke liye  ghar pe rakkha hai...i only have this cash memo in my purse..."she paused for a breath.

Swayam pulled her finger from her mouth...because Sharon was prone to biting her nails when agitated...and she had chewed off half off her manicured nails in this garble. She would be running to the salon first thing tomorrow.

Still holding her index in his grip...swayam said "so, you...were not actually refusing me...you want to marry me too...and you were going to propose to me on my birthday, only, i got there first?" he clarified.

"well yeah...but you proposed to me---as usual " she sighed.

He pulled her closer...and stared into her beautiful orbs..."so you actually jumble-proposed me with a ...cash memo?

"haaa...voh...swayam! haso mat..." for swayam was fighting to keep a straight face and failing miserably...finally breaking out in peals of chortles. Her frown made him, purse his mouth to stem his amusement.

"hmmm...yeah..proper wala uss din hi karungi...but...swayam...will you marry me? I love you..." she managed staring wide eyed into his gaze..."

He lifted her clean off her feet...swiped her off...and twirled her in the air...holding his angel carefully...hoisting her in the air...and waltzing with her...he looked dazed with happiness."yeah...you want me to shape the cash memo into a ring and wear it all my life?...will do"he vowed.

"swayam...!" laughter bubbled out of her...and they both contentedly  giggled at the absurdity of her proposal...yet the properness of it...the feeling that life had finally clicked into place...like the pieces of a jigsaw click together to complete a picture...so do they...complete each other.

"waise...i expected my philosopher to deliver a more flowery, emotional proposal...kuch baat nahi bani." Sharon teased, pouting.

"i got mixed up, madam...i thought out a perfect one...but anyways...it went something like this..."

"swayam"she interrupted. "kya"

"mujhe niche toh utaro" she pointed out.

"oh" he put her down and knelt..."Sharon raiprakash...i ,your swayam...would like to ask you to marry me; i promise to keep you happy forever...and love you always.i want to live my life with you Sharon...its never been anybody but you from the moment i saw you..and the closer we got...the more i fell in love..with the most beautiful girl on earth, inside and outside. My life...my career...in everything, you are the compass that drives me.i want to be happy with you as you are my manzil.  I am honoured to know, you love me...and i love you...so can we promise to love each other forever?"

She knelt too...and kissed him on his forehead..."yes swayam...yes, yes, yes"

"chalo, finally i got a yes..vaise mai cash memo se nahi...ring lekar hi aya tha." He slipped it onto her dainty finger. Sharon looked into his beaming eyes for  a long time, and they kissed deeply, when they drew apart...her eyes were moist with happiness.

The clock struck eleven..."now...lets get a move on...our reservations wont wait...and you have to wish me happy birthday in an hour, remember? Although i have already got my birthday gift...this was the best b'day ever" Sharon pulled him to his feet.

"and i have my b'day or proposal day to look forward to..."swayam reminded her.

And off they drove...chattering and giggling...love, contented togetherness and happiness lighting up the road ahead of them like the headlights of their car...and well, lets leave them here shall we?

guys a new os...if you like it...then i hope you would let me know on your own.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Swaronvrushan thumbnail
Amazing, wonderful, luvely, emotional, surprising, cute, out f this world...
LilBitOfAlexis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Res
Unres
One more bang on OS from ur side 😃
It was cute and sweet one... swayam proposed sharon not in philosophical way was different , he was nervous to propose HIS siren 😳

it was shocking that sharon planning to propose swayam on his b'day 😲 you carried swaron essence and proved that swaron are unpredictable .

The best part was sharon proposed swayam with cash memo 😆 😊 , you penned it down in your style of writing 😎 great job.
Edited by swaron_pk - 11 years ago
Ria_SwaRon thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Dii, 🤗
Sorry for being this late... and also for giving a short comment...!! next work pe pakka bada dungi... :)
So, coming to this OS,
Wow, di.. It was a awesome read... I always like the ideas of proposal and the innovative ways used by guys,...
but here was completely different...
I just loved that Idea, proposing with cash memo... 😆 😆
just great ...!!
And I always say that I love ur write-ups, and ur way of writing.
Would be waiting eagerly for the next one..!!

Love,
Ria.
Edited by Ria_SwaRon - 11 years ago
_Deepika_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Awww...

AMAZING OS Medha..such a cute and adorable one...

Loved the way he proposed to her and her reply was so cuteee.

She wanted to propose him...awww

Loved the my philosopher line 😉

LOVED THE OS...AHAAA...

U made my day😳

PS-I m loving ur style of writing...

Edited by deep_Tanha - 11 years ago
ToujoursPur thumbnail

Originally posted by: deep_Tanha

Awww...

AMAZING OS Medha..such a cute and adorable one...

Loved the way he proposed to her and her reply was so cuteee.

She wanted to propose him...awww

Loved the my philosopher line 😉

LOVED THE OS...AHAAA...

U made my day😳

PS-I m loving ur style of writing...

thanks deepu...glad it made ur day...actually it made my night break into nearly the crack of dawn😉
agreatperhaps thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Medha, it was wonderful and awfully fabulous! :D

Really, really very sweet.

And these lines took my heart away!

and they both contentedly  giggled at the absurdity of her proposal...yet the proper-ness of it...the feeling that life had finally clicked into place...like the pieces of a jigsaw click together to complete a picture...so do they...complete each other

Anyhow, amazing and stunning job! 
Suni1986 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
It was amazing update

swaron together for longer period of time nd he want to propose her on her bday
he propose her bt to his surprise she also want propose him on his bday

memo part was fab
swayam proposal in front of hes was awesome
8JSmileyFace8J thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
the first thing i read is this and OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!This was so cute you totally just gave me a great start to  my day!!I was smiling through out the whole thing!!!!!That was the cutest proposal everrr!!!!!!!
A great job!!!!!
-spongy- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
loved the way swayam proposed sharon...
world's most cutest reply...
haiii  mera swaron... nazar na lage...😉
the best aprt were the philosophy lines... :) :)
love the os..
plz write more n do pm me nxt time.. 😊😊😊