shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
One of the key reasons I started watching DABH is the characterization of its male protoganist. It is after a long time I am seeing a  hero capable of thinking of his own in Indian television 😊
Now this character appears very sweet, very modest and off course very caring and gives you a feel that you can dance him to your tunes. But I would say beneath that sweet extrerior is a shrewd businessman, a logical and analytical mind. Once that guy makes some decision neither his mother nor his wife can make him change that. Now you will ask me why I am telling this.

Let me explain it with scenarios. First one when Sandhya was going to be thrown out of the house. Irrespective of the knowledge he got before minutes that even Sandhya was cheated , knowing very well how his decision would affect his relationship with his mother the guy took the decision to stop her. Not only that in that split second he also thought of how to support his decision in front of his mother. His command in that scene was so good that neither Sandhya nor Bhabho could do anything.

Second when he decides to throw Sandhya out. He had made that decision and howmuch ever Sandhya tried to bring out the truth she couldnt. Even her IPS instincts didnt work with him. SV2 persona was that strong. Even when Bhabho tells not to do that he doesnt listen. If not for the accident I dont think that character would have opened up.

Third when decides to put Sandhya in college. Bhabho tries her best to stop. He doesnt listen. Then Bhabho brainwashes Sandhya to change his mind. She also tries her best. But then finally his decision wins. Sandhya had to resume studies.

Yes now we are all crying Sooraj is silent, 3 Matka challenge is there and all. But think for a second. If Sooraj had not taken the decision to put Sandhya in college against the odds then she would have never got a chance. Now she has a chance. It is upto her how she utilizes it.
Then another thing, Sooraj wont raise his voice at his mother. The moment he does that Sandhya and Sooraj will have to move out of the house. Intension of the serial is not to show Sooraj as Joru ka Ghulam but a man who is trying to balance his relationship with his mother and wife.
Bhabho's taunts to Sandhya pain him equally. With all these taunts if still Sandhya is standing it is because she has Sooraj's shoulder to cry on who understands and feels her pain.

Now the CVs have to bring Sandhya before marriage. For that Sooraj's character will have to be muted. But if Sandhya is going to come out of her cocoon and fight with Bhabo for what she feels right is because of the unconditional support she has from Sooraj. Do anyone of us think Sandhya would have stood against Bhabo so strongly if Sooraj was not behind her.

Sooraj is her strength, he will interfere only if she needs it because he knows she is capable of taking care of things on her own. She only needs some confidence. That was the symbolism they showed when Sooraj tried to teach her riding the scooter. First he was helping her. After some time just the confidence that he is behind her made her ride the scooter on her own without his help.

Do put your comments

Edited by shruthiravi - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

slodkagila thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Nice analysis👏 I like sooraj because he never utter a single word unnecessarily. His expressions speak a lot. That itself is more than enough. He is stern in his decisions which i like. Even i liked the SV 2 character.😉
..Anusha.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Excellent analysis of Suraj. But I have to be in Sandy's corner in every post. 😆

I don't know if she has ever cried on his shoulder.  Maybe you are right in saying she needs some encouragement from him. But when things go wrong for her, she never goes to him. She tries to do things herself .  When this happens, Suraj can't do much except let her. So it might seem like he's being passive, but sometimes I think he knows his wife better than she knows herself.
Edited by PadBear - 11 years ago
farhana874 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wonderfully written Shruthi.👏 I adore Sooraj's character!
But I do feel sometimes he should be given more dialogues.
LovePraja thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Awesome post Shruthi😊. Totally agree with u. Infact I think exactly d same way about Sooraj😃. Right 4rm d start Sooraj had his own way of getting things done; in his own terms. But then he's been very sensitive towards others' happiness, he has selflessly fulfilled others' wishes⭐️.
Once Bhabasa himself had pointed out how Sooraj lied 4 everyone right 4rm his childhood just 2 serve d family; safeguarding everyone's wishes. No wonder Bhabo takes so much pride in him nd wants 2 safeguard his happiness at any cost😳.
Nd when it comes Sandy, yes he's got full confidence on her😳. Moreover Sandy cares 4 everyone nd always acts in d best interests of everybody. She has proved dat time nd again. Dats d reason he never questions her judgement.
Thnks 4 d post. Reading all dis about Sooraj made me fall in love with him all over again❤️.
AsTru thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Suraj charecter is Mind blowing
RD.Dawn thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I believe Suraj is the lifeline of DABH⭐️ awsome post  👏
Diya_DB thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Very good post Shruthi 👏 Especially liked these two points -
1. Yes now we are all crying Sooraj is silent, 3 Matka challenge is there and all. But think for a second. If Sooraj had not taken the decision to put Sandhya in college against the odds then she would have never got a chance. Now she has a chance.
2. Sooraj is her strength, he will interfere only if she needs it because he knows she is capable of taking care of things on her own. She only needs some confidence. That was the symbolism they showed when Sooraj tried to teach her riding the scooter. First he was helping her. After some time just the confidence that he is behind her made her ride the scooter on her own without his help.

I love Suraj!!! I've never come across a similar character. Honestly, for me he comes as a breath of fresh air, among all the angry young men we have on television. He is such a good person. But what I like most about him is the way he treats Sandhya. I totally admire the fact that he decided to understand and help the girl who shouted at him and denied his rights on her. Who on earth would do that?! And I also love the fact that he treats her like a queen as well as a little girl all at the same time. ☺️
Thank you, for this post. 😊
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks everyone for reading and commenting on it. One more thing I have to put here. Sandhya's dream is to become IPS officerand we all know how difficult it will be to serve as a honest IPS officer in our country. So if Sandhya cannot demand and fight for her right in her own home , how will she fight for the needy in the society if pressure is mounted on her.
She may have a superior like Bhabo, may have to deal with politicians who are like her chor devar, and arrogant nanand. Sooraj cannot protect her there. Then also he can only do what he is doing right now. Support her, encourage her and love her the way he does now. 
Unless the CVs show Sandhya winning the battle at home , the justification of her IPS will be academic only and not substance.
MJV2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Awesome post 👍🏼 Love his character. He is the charm ⭐️ of this show thats why
he needs more screen space and dialogues.