CID

DAYA APPRECIATION THREAD :)

ADreamyDeepz28 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

To

Daya appreciation thread

This thread has been specially created to bring out the Daya Fans the members who have immense madness for Daya Sir 😳
Here its a space for Daya Sir, Daya Sir and only Daya Sir πŸ˜›
So everyone its your place to show your appreciation to Daya Sir 😊

So what are you all waiting for lets get together here 😊  

I have used Daya Sir B'day Celebration contest articles over here. I hope no one has any objection 😳

So everyone :

No Bashing here

No chit-chatting allowed πŸ˜†

No bad languague

Discussions related to Daya Sir is always welcome here 😊

About Daya Sir          

Personal life:

Dayanand Shetty was born on 11th December, 1969,in a Tulu  speaking Bunt family in Katapadi village of Udupi district of Karnataka  State in India  to Chandra prakash Shetty and Uma Shetty.He has two sisters.He did his B.com from Rizvi College, Bandra. He married Smitha Shetty and they have a daughter named Viva.

Professional life:

He is basically a sports man turning an actor because of leg injury. He was a shotput and discus thrower, which brought him many prizes. He was the champion of discus throw from State Maharastra in 1994.

Though he has acted in many commercials, plays and even in film, but he got fame as Senior Inspector Daya in CID.

Dayanand shetty got fame as daya sir in CID...a character which he has been playing since 15 years & still going strongπŸ‘...& coz it requires him to shoot 4-5days a week we see him only in CID... also sometimes catching his glimpse in Gutur Gu on Sab TV.

Famous Choreographer Ganesh Hegde's assistant Sanjay Shetty is Dayanand's good friend. He assisted Dayanand to meet with the producer of CID, B.P. Singh. Because of  good looks and Strong personality B.P. Singh chose Dayanand to do the role of inspector in the show .

Dayanand joined from the 15th episode as Inspector Daya,from 1998.

A great bond of friendship exists between Sr.Insp. Daya and Sr. Insp. Abhijeet(Aditya Srivastava).They are often referred to as 'the duo', and won the award of Sahasic jody in Indian tele awards 2010. The lovely comradeship between the two made the show more and more popular⭐️.This bond of friendship exists not only on screen but also off screen.

TV serials

(i) Senior Inspector Daya in CID (1998-present)

(ii)   Senior Inspector Daya in CID special bureau

(iii) Harpreet in Gutur Gu (2010)

(iv) Celeb guest in Deal Ya NO Deal,

(v) Celeb guest in zee tv show(Aapka sapna hamara apna)

(vi) Guest appearances in Jassi jaisi koi nahi, Kkusum

(vii) As a contestant in the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhla Jaa

(vii)Celebrity guest in X Factor(in X Factor auditions)

(viii)Celebrity guest in Comedy Circus holi special episode

(ix)Daya in Gutur Gu(season 2)

(x)Sr.Inspector Daya in Surya-the supercop(2011)

(xi)Celebrity Guest in 
SaReGaMaPa L'il Champs (2011)

(xii)Celebrity Guest in Movers & Shakers

PLAYS  

(ii) Kalchakra

(ii) Secret

(iii) Eshwar allah tero naam

FILMS

(ii) Johnny Gaddar

(ii) Runway

COMMERCIALS

(i) CASTROL

(ii) CHAWANPRASH

(iii) HERO HONDA

(iv) LIFE

MANY MORE FOR CLOTHING BRANDS

Awards received:

(i)   Best looking guy of Indian television in 2002

(ii)   Sahshi Jodi Award (along with Abhijeet for CID) in Star Big Awards, 2010

(iii)   Honoured at World Bunts' Cultural & Sports Meet

(iv)Best supporting actor(as Sr.Insp.Daya in CID) in Gold awards 2012

Edited by DreamyDeepz28 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ADreamyDeepz28 thumbnail

At this point, we caught a glimpse of our one and only Daya sir of CID. The character who is rough, tough, breaks down doors, slaps criminals, saves the day, and is always there for his CID family.

Acting in the show for 14 years now and still going strong, Dayanand Shetty has become a strong pillar of CID. Even though it requires him to shoot 4 ' 5 days a week, we often can catch a glimpse of him as Harpreet Singh in Gutur Gu on SabTV

Dayanand Shetty hasn't just appeared in TV shows, but in movies, sharing screen space with Dharmendra in Johnny Gaddaar

Dayanand Shetty has also acted as an Inspector in the movie Runway. Including these movies and TV shows, he has also done many commercials, including Castrol, Chawanprash, Hero Honda, Life, and many clothing brands.

Dayanand Shetty has also participated as a contestant in Jhalak Dikhla Jaa. He was often asked for encores and won high marks for his dance performances. Unfortunately, he didn't make it to the top, but that didn't stop him from always giving his best.

Dayanand Shetty has made many special appearances or guest appearances in various shows. He has appeared as a celebrity guest in Deal Ya No Deal, Dus Ka Dum, X Factor, Sa Re Ga Ma Little Champs Independence Day Special in 2011, Movers & Shakers, and Comedy Circus Holi Special. He has had guest appearances in Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin, Kkush, and Aapka Sapna Hamara Hai. He has also appeared as CID Senior Inspector Daya in CID Special Bureau and Surya the Super Cop.

ADreamyDeepz28 thumbnail

Dayanand Shetty popularly called Daya

When you hear the name "Dayanand Shetty" you automatically think of Senior Inspector Daya of CID. But Dayanand Shetty is much more than that. He's a gentle person who is a private, family man. He's a great actor who is friends with all his co-stars. He's an ex-sportsman who always put sportsmanship above competition and winning. And he's the ruler of many, many, many hearts both male and female.

Dayanand Shetty was born on 11th December 1969 in a Tulu speaking Bunt family in Katapadi village of Udupi district of Karnataka State in India to Chandra Prakash Shetty and Uma Shetty. He has two sisters. He did his B.Com from Rizvi College, Bandra. He married Smita Shetty and they have an 8-year-old daughter named Viva. He is a stunning height of 6'2". In 2002, he got the award for the best looking guy in Indian Television

He was a state-level sportsman, a shotput & discus thrower, but after a leg injury sports took a back seat. He was the champion of discus throw from Maharastra in 1994. He started his acting career as a theatre artist & has worked in many plays. Some plays include Kalchakra, Secret, and Eshwar Allah Tero Naam in his mother tongue Tulu and in Hindi

Daya sir's jodi with Abhijeet sir (Aditya Srivastava) has become known as the duo. The duo is not just a word, but a feeling, a family, a brotherhood, and the strongest friendship that we've ever seen.

If Abhijeet gets hurt, Daya will rush to save Abhijeet not caring about his own life and vice versa.

They've become the brotherhood of CID, synonymous with CID in a way that no one can ever be. In fact, whenever we hear Daya, we think of CID. And often when we think of CID we think of the duo.

Many CID officers have come and gone, but Daya sir remains the one name that has become synonymous with CID. CID cannot be the same without him ever. Apart from acting in CID, he has also written a few stories for CID.

Dayanand Shetty joined in the 15th episode of CID as Inspector Daya. Since 1998, Dayanand Shetty has been a huge part of CID. Not only that but he participated in the world record of a 111 minute shoot non-stop, which entered the Guinness Book of World Records.

And that's our Dayanand Shetty, whose birthday we are celebrating today.

ADreamyDeepz28 thumbnail

CREATIONS WITH DAYA SIR's PICS 😳

We have some creations made for our Daya Sir displayed with his pics😳

ADreamyDeepz28 thumbnail
THANK YOU :
Now it's finally time to thank some very important people who contributed to the making of this thread.

First a very big thank you to all the members of the CID forum and Daya sir's FC πŸ‘.

A special thank you to :

Shreya &VisromπŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

A thank you to the contributions:

GD ,Padma,Subha, and Munna πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

debasree04 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Wonderful thread Deepika...hope now we can fearlessly discuss about Daya sir...
btw...why u thanked me πŸ˜† i have no contribution making this wonderful thread...
ADreamyDeepz28 thumbnail
Sorry di I will edit it  :P
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Same here...why thanks to me??? πŸ˜†

Please inform all the silent Daya fans about this thread.
ADreamyDeepz28 thumbnail
Ofcourse for assigning me to open this thread  πŸ€— Esp Daya Sir πŸ˜›
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I'll add my caps after working hours...