salta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Hey everyone...anyone can read this as it's not about taarey basically, and you all can give your opinion here without dragging them in between. So I just wanted to say one thing, first to the writers... ? I don't know whether writers of other fandom share this thing or not... Guys we do spend three or four hours to give an update then message so many people and you see that only half or even less than half of them had read it. It's simply something which doesn't makes you feel good, or I rather feel stupid for doing so much and wasting my time.

And readers...one question to you... If you read something then i guess you can do this...at least like it and give a comment. It won't take an hour to do so... it may seem unimportant to you, but as a writer this is the only thing which motivates us to write. In fact I somewhat lost interest from some of my works because of this thing only.

Okay from now on I'm gonna do one thing... I have to message 120+ people and I don't even know whether they read or not. So this is the last time I'm sending Pm's to all in my list, from next update for any other story, i'll just see who had commented and liked and i'm done with the messages.

At the end... not to meant to offend anyone... You know i'm honest in everything, and this was my honest opinion, sorry if I hurt someone.

Edited by meghasingh - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShivTRSS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Reserved-unres
I agree completely Megha. Recently, I am going through same problems. And it shakes my confidence, but thanks to comments, I become ok.
I request all my readers to just hit the like button if u like it. Just so I understand that u have interest to read it. It wasn't much of a problem, but nw sending it to all buddies for no reason doesn't make sense to me.
I am just going to send PM to all about first chapter and from then, only those who like it. That's ok, I hope. So that u don't get unnecessory PM and my work gets reduced. Its just above 100 gets my PM and when only 20 likes it then I feel like I am forcing all to read. So, I'll use this from nw on. Love u all and needed post.Edited by ShivTRSS - 11 years ago
redroses123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
This was a much needed post. I had said this many times with updates of my ffs. It really feels bad when u pm around 130+ people bt only a 60 reads. Trust me guys every word megha wrote smells truth . We spend more than 3 hrs to write. As for my case no one in my home likes me doing that neither my father nor my mother or my brother, every 5 min i get scoldings when i sit to write bt still i find time sometimes late night to sit and write. Reading the feedback from readers gives ample energy, it gives satisfaction , happiness when we read ur comments.. For me its the only motivation... So please atleast hit a like so that we know how many reads.
Everyone know the fact that we can send pm to only 20people in a stretch , we make a point to pm all 120 or 130 people in our buddylist so please let us know that u love our work . If u r busy i dnt insist to comment , bt atleast hit like that takes nly a second
rakhiankita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
well i totally agree with u megha and ill make sure😊
BeingFoodie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
agree with u megha...same as your post i write in my ff...i said to the silent readers atleast to like our update...it took so much time to write a long update and for a like and comment it only took 10 minutes...no offends to them who are busy with exams or study... ...and i everytime pm to 170 buddies and i hardly get 70 up likes...thats the heights now...when i write a note as same as u write then likes on my ff increase...but not much...bang on post megha...this is really needed...hope we get more likes on our stories...
salta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: disismeenu4u

This was a much needed post. I had said this many times with updates of my ffs. It really feels bad when u pm around 130+ people bt only a 60 reads. Trust me guys every word megha wrote smells truth . We spend more than 3 hrs to write. As for my case no one in my home likes me doing that neither my father nor my mother or my brother, every 5 min i get scoldings when i sit to write bt still i find time sometimes late night to sit and write. Reading the feedback from readers gives ample energy, it gives satisfaction , happiness when we read ur comments.. For me its the only motivation... So please atleast hit a like so that we know how many reads.
Everyone know the fact that we can send pm to only 20people in a stretch , we make a point to pm all 120 or 130 people in our buddylist so please let us know that u love our work . If u r busy i dnt insist to comment , bt atleast hit like that takes nly a second

*hugs*...writers ka dard😭😭😭😭😭
We know how hard it is to write a single update...we do have our schools or colleges and for me...  i do hardly sleep for 4 hrs in a whole day...  still i love to write and i do... you know appreciation or even criticism i would love that... is the only things motivates us. You know when i read comments, especially there are few people whom i just love...u, natasha, fierylioness, dh, shivangi, shreya, raddhi...and many more whose comments persuade me to write further but... I mean sometimes u cant comment, at least hit a like...  so it's really disheartening.
NSohi13 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I totally agree with you... I will also do the same. Thanx dear for this post. :)
BeingFoodie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: meghasingh

*hugs*...writers ka dard😭
We know how hard it is to write a single update...we do have our schools or colleges and for me... i do hardly sleep for 4 hrs in a whole day... still i love to write and i do... you know appreciation or even criticism i would love that... is the only things motivates us. You know when i read comments, especially there are few people whom i just love...u, natasha, fierylioness, dh, shivangi, shreya, raddhi...and many more<i></i> whose comments persuade me to write further but... I mean sometimes u cant comment, at least hit a like... so it's really disheartening.

true yar...even i am busy whole day with college tution assignments practicle but still me time nikal ke thoda thoda likhti hu...i get only 4 hours to sleep...aur rest of the story i complete on holidays like sat and sun...its so hard... 😭
FieryLioness thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
well Megha i guess m not needed here as u know i always comment whenever i read any story...
but as a reader i have to keep my POV too...see Megha its not only abt U, but we receive so many of pm's regarding story update...and m sure all of us try to read as much as possible...but at times its really not possible to read all the updates as we have personal lives too... so plz rather then getting upset , u can write for those who read it...
see numbers are really doesn't matter...if u have few ppl reading ur story but they are reading it by their heart  its way more better , rather then ppl liking ur story without even giving it a read just for the formality sake... i hope i make sense...

and i apologize to all the writers who's stories are still pending in my read list...but will deffo read all soon...
ShivTRSS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FieryLioness

well Megha i guess m not needed here as u know i always comment whenever i read any story...

but as a reader i have to keep my POV too...see Megha its not only abt U, but we receive so many of pm's regarding story update...and m sure all of us try to read as much as possible...but at times its really not possible to read all the updates as we have personal lives too... so plz rather then getting upset , u can write for those who read it...
see numbers are really doesn't matter...if u have few ppl reading ur story but they are reading it by their heart its way more better , rather then ppl liking ur story without even giving it a read just for the formality sake... i hope i make sense...

and i apologize to all the writers who's stories are still pending in my read list...but will deffo read all soon...

are bapre. Actly mene miss hi kar diya ye point. Even I face it coz.