Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: RJ1234

Hello Everyone,

That's a very interesting topic to discuss about, though, we have had discussed it so many times, but since, we go by the different books, t's hard to believe in just one.

I totally agree with @JanakiRaghunath, as far I know, when Satrughana came to visit the sage Valmiki, Maa Sita gave birth to L-K, Satrughana did bless those two kids, but he wasn't aware that their were Shri Rama and Maa Sita's kids. Otherwise, he would have definitely told Shri Rama about Maa Sita and L-K; now, even if had known and he was under the oath of the Sage Valmiki, not to reveal about their identity, but it doesn't make sense if he had actually came to fight with L-K, after they had captured the Ashwamedha horse, and they made him an unconscious.

I haven't read any of the books like Valmiki Ramayan, Ananda Ramayana or Krittivasi Ramayan, but what I have seen in the Ramayana (tv and movies).

RJ

It's very difficult to assume what actually happened regaring Uttar Kand. 😔 For this particular chapter of Ramayan, every source says something very different. Who knows if Luv Kush ever fought their uncles or not, or whether Sita lived in Valmiki's ashram under her own name or Vandevi. Who knows if Shri Ram himself exiled Sita, or if it was mutual decision between both?

For some reason, I am not completely satisfied with Valmiki's Uttar Kand. Unlike the rest of the epic, his Uttar Kand seems very rushed and doesn't have the flow of Bal Kand - Yudh Kand. I am beginning to believe the scholars who are saying that the Uttar Kand we have now is not the original Uttar Kand Valmiki wrote. For one, it hardly gives any detail about Sita's life at Valmiki's ashram. In fact, it gives very little detail about Luv Kush and Sita in general. It also portrays Lord Ram in a bad light because of the Shambuka incident, making it seem like Shri Ram was prejudiced against the lower caste folk, whereas earlier on he gave respect to a lower caste woman like Shabari by eating her half-bitten berries.

I don't think we ever will know what really happened regarding Uttar Kand, so we should believe what our heart tells us to believe, because ultimately our entire puranas are based off of belief. No one can say for sure what happened and did not happen in the treta and dwapar yugas, can they?
RJ1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
@JanakiRaghunath: Yes, I totally agree with you. Yes, we should believe from our heart and in our heart, rather than what we have been told bcuz many scholars have had written various versions and it' hard to make an assumption depending upon that.

BTW, I didn't know about Sambhuka incident, who was he? Did the Lord Rama fight with him? Could you please give more insight into it?

RJ