DOTW : Sona should go back to work or not?

VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago

Back to work or not?

Welcome everyone,

So its time for our second Discussion of the Week. So what is the discussion going to be about this time? As the title suggests, its going to be whether do you think that Sona should be going back to work or not?

As we saw, Suhnaina wants Sona to go back to work so badly that she is even wiling to hire a maid while Sona says that she will surely go back to work but only after correcting things in the house.

Do you think that decision Sona have made is right? What is the pros and cons of her decision? Should Sona listen to Suhnaina and go back to work?

Most importantly, try to stick to the topic and have a healthy discussion πŸ˜‰

Edited by Visha_Dhami - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sonali.S thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
A very good topic of discussion. Thanks visha.

I am totally with sona's decision of not going to office for now. Sona can join her office anytime but that will be as usual if she goes to office completing household works, working in office, and then again coming to home and taking care of family needs. If she will do so then how is she going to change the mentality of whole of her family which treats a housewife more pity and less than a maid. Sona has to proove that housewife's are also the part of the house and not only the working objects. Housewife's are not the material to be taken in use which we people know but sunaina, her family and more of the indian and other developing countries families lacks this much sympathy. Why they are treated badly. Sona took a right decision. If sunaina will change her thinking then everyone else will directly change whether they are the other working bahus like bindiya and renu who considers household work as demeaningful and disrespectful to them.

I am happy that sona stood against this wrong happening in her own sasural. She will soon proove everyone wrong...hatts of to sona and neelam for their dedication for their house.
VishaD. thumbnail
I certainly agree Sonali. And like what Sona said, she can go back to work anytime as she wants to fix things in the house first. Among the problems she saw :
  • Suhnaina is money minded and ill treats Neelam
  • Chicku doesn't goes to school and no one bothers
  • Julie is always on the phone
  • Neelam's husband doesn't respects her
  • Durgesh needs commission to do anything.
So she decided to be full time housewife so that she can remain in the house and monitor all of them and at the same time, prove Suhnaina that she can be a good housewife.
Sonali.S thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
yes and if she will join office all along then it will be harder because her family is large with different mindsets. She has to give them the whole of her time.
karsuh thumbnail
Yes Visha, i also feel that Sona has to settle all the problems in her in-laws house first and then she can go to work.I hope once all this problems are solved by Sona then she can to go to work as i also want to see her as a journalist.
amud thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanks visha for this thread...i il go in favor of sona ...
as we all know home should be filled with love ,affection,care ...all together mixed and shared towards everyone...but instead sona is surrounded people always do care for money,money ...they are not mingling with each and everyone ...and not supporting characters too how she can live in that place? so there are certain things to be placed in a right way ...until that sona has to sacrifice her job and turning them to be a human beings ...πŸ˜† indeed she needs more time to help her family ...i do vote for sona to be housewife ...
i think i made my pointsπŸ˜ƒ
rubysk thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
No... She have to take some time for her saasu maa... As everyone saying here she wil continue her carreer after fix things in chaturvedi family...
Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Sona has a right to decide what she wants to do and don't want to do   and have her own identity.   she is a woman in her own right
VishaD. thumbnail
Originally posted by: karsuh

Yes Visha, i also feel that Sona has to settle all the problems in her in-laws house first and then she can go to work.I hope once all this problems are solved by Sona then she can to go to work as i also want to see her as a journalist.

Yes, even i'm waiting to see her as a Journalist and how she manage the house at the same time πŸ˜Š
VishaD. thumbnail
Originally posted by: amud

thanks visha for this thread...i il go in favor of sona ...

as we all know home should be filled with love ,affection,care ...all together mixed and shared towards everyone...but instead sona is surrounded people always do care for money,money ...they are not mingling with each and everyone ...and not supporting characters too how she can live in that place? so there are certain things to be placed in a right way ...until that sona has to sacrifice her job and turning them to be a human beings ...πŸ˜† indeed she needs more time to help her family ...i do vote for sona to be housewife ...
i think i made my pointsπŸ˜ƒ

Well down and good points. Only Neelam,Chacha ji and Chicku seems to be aware of what is happening in the house and Sona is also noticing what is happening in the house. She have also already made her point to Suhnaina that she will go back to work but after making the changes. So Suhnaina just needs to give Sona sometime till she decides to go back to work πŸ˜Š