By Amrita Mulchandani, TNN | Feb 9, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
More
A
A
READ MORE Aniruddh Dave|Salman Khan|Nawazuddin Siddiqui|Lo Ho Gai Party
TV actors aren't paid much for movies they do: Aniruddh Dave
Aniruddh Dave
Actor Aniruddh Dave on success, acting, films and more...

You gained enough popularity with your previous character Indu Singh from Ruk Jana Nahi, do you think you will be able to break that image with your new character Kanhaiyya from Aaj Ki Housewife Hai... Sab Jaanti Hai?

I don't do typical saas-bahu shows. I have always done performance oriented characters. Indu was full of anger while Kanhaiyya is fun-loving and sober. It is a complete opposite character. I hope I'll do justice to my current character too. 

You play a cop in your new show which looks similar to that of Salman Khan's look in Dabangg. Comment.

It's unfair to say that all men in uniform are copying, inspiring or making fun of Dabangg. There are loads of men who don uniform everyday and they aren't copying Salman Khan. I am not imitating anyone in the show. I am an actor who likes to improve and give different dimensions to my characters. 

They say it's important to take regular breaks between two shows to convince the audiences in your next character. Do you believe in the same mantra?

So far I haven't created any kind of image of mine. Audiences see lot of actors off screen and relate them to their characters, but I feel that we are actors first. I always recall Rajesh Khanna's dialogue — Babumoshai, hum sab toh rangmanch ki kathputhliyan hain. I consider myself lucky to have so many shows in my kitty. 

You look different in all your shows. How do you manage to do that?

I work hard on my dialogue delivery, style and look. Television is dominated by females and it is important for male actors to create their own unique space. I feel 95% male actors keep following each other — they wear the same kind of suits, have similar body language and deliver dialogues in the same manner. It is very difficult to differentiate between actors — they all look the same. 

Do you think that many actor become successful in the television industry only because of their looks?

I feel today's actors are overrated. I don't think when it comes to real acting, looks should matter. Today there are actors like Irrfan Khan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui who are amazing when it comes to acting. For an actor, acting skills should only matter. 

You are a part of India's first zero budget film — Lo Ho Gai Party. What attracted you to do a film where no money is involved?

When I was approached for the film, I decided to go ahead because it's a unique concept. There are a lot TV actors who are doing films, but they aren't paid as much as I am on TV. Money matters, but creative satisfaction is equally important.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sonali.S thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Hey eva thanks but you yourself posted this thread here few days back.
VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Thanks for sharing 😊
amud thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanks...sona u r certainly right but  previously the pic of AD is diff...😆
Sonali.S thumbnail
Hehehe pic different and matter same. The enquiry for it must be made by inspector kanhaiya...what you say.
amud thumbnail
of course no doubt in that but the report should be made by sona...agreed?
Sonali.S thumbnail
oh yes...wife to make report and husband to take action. Chauchak jodi...loving them...being them together, every big and small case will be solved.
VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
I agree, both of them should form a team and solve cases 😉
Sonali.S thumbnail
we will get all this in future. But may be a long wait.
amud thumbnail
s even they can start their cases from their home since there are so many persons with so many problems...let start with neelam first...wat do u say?