Chat Transcript:Johny Lever

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

Johny Lever

Transcript of INDIATIMES LIVE CHAT with Actor, Johny Lever at 3pm on Thursday, July 13,
2006 in Mumbai

"If not an actor I would have worked with Hindustan Liver Limited..."

Johny Lever
Actor

Hiphop> Which artist you love to mimic the most?
Johny Lever> Sanjeev Kumar.

Naughty> What is the future of stand up comedians in India?
Johny Lever> The future is really bright for such artists. If the audience accepts them with open hearts, they will go places.

Fool> Your new show on Zee is not that funny. Do you plan to change or improve it?
Johny Lever> Is not that funny because of technical problems. But now we are improving it day by day. New things take time to settle. We are working hard on it. We want to reach out to people of all ages which take time.

Hiphop> What kind of roles are you getting in the future?
Johny Lever> I am getting the same kind of roles which I have already done. Therefore I have become choosy and very selective about my roles. I want to do something different which I have not done so far.

Sammy_Dude> Do you identify with any of your onscreen characters? Which one and why?
Johny Lever> I identify with my character Babulal of Baazigar because we both are partially forgetful.

Johny Lever> Hi sir, I am a big fan of yours and talking with you for first time.
Johny Lever> Johny Lever from now onwards the next time it will be second time. I will wait for it. Thank you.

Fool> Even after attaining so much fame, how do you keep yourself grounded?
Johny Lever> Which ever flight take off has to land back and there are so many people on the flight. But I am a just human and made to walk not to fly. So I am grounded (laughs).

Sammy_Dude> How did you feel when you were facing the camera for the first time?
Johny Lever> I got fever when I had to face the camera for the first time. I couldn't sleep the night before because of the fear. But I did a good job in my first shot (that was by mistake).

Suku> Johny do you have kids and would you like them to do become actors.
Johny Lever> Yes I have a son and a daughter. I would like my son to become a comedian but only after his graduation. My daughter wants to become a singer.

Ravi_Dam> Which media do you like the most - films or TV?
Johny Lever> Both because they are different from each other. Moreover I am getting to learn a lot in TV.

Ravi_Dam> Tell us about the off-screen Johny Lever. If not an actor then he would have been ?
Johny Lever> Off screen I am funny as well as serious. I am a little shy also. If not an actor I would have worked with Hindustan Liver Limited, where I was working before I joined acting. But I always wanted to become an actor since childhood.

Johny Lever> Film stars have less time to make holidays. Yet have you got chance of visiting our place in Delhi?
Johny Lever> Yes I have been to Delhi. Moreover it's the capital of our country, so who will not like to visit the place.

Ravi_Dam> Which is your favorite pick-up line?
Johny Lever> My favorite pick up line is Tussi Great ho! Tussi Toop Ho!

Pra123> Please act in other serials, your acting is awesome!!
Johny Lever> Thank you and if I get a chance I will for sure act in other serials. Why don't you produce a serial?

Jeet_Saru> What sort of portrayals do you personally prefer to do?
Johny Lever> Something similar to Mehmood portrayal in the movie Kunwara Baap.

Jeet_Saru> How did you started your journey and which was your first movie?
Johny Lever> I started with performing on stage. Then I joined music director Kalyanji anandji musical troupe (I was doing stand up comedy there). Through them I got my first break in the movie Yeh Rishta Na Toote.

Suku> Would you ever act in an Ekta Kapoor soap opera, if given a chance?
Johny Lever> I will act but I will have to cry in her serial which I don't know how to do? Ask Ekta to teach me how to cry (laughs).

Jeet_Saru> One thing you never leave your home without?
Johny Lever> It is my mobile phone.

Fundoo> How do you feel after achieving so much success?
Johny Lever> I feel really nice and also scared at times of losing my fans love.

Devil_Dare> If deserted on an island whom would like to take along with yourself?
Johny Lever> I will take my wife along for my safety!

Fundoo> Can you narrate the most comic incident from your life?
Johny Lever> The most comic incident was when Mr Sunil Dutt was introducing me to perform in a shot and the camera man told me to move away. Dutt Saab corrected the camera man and told him that he is going to perform and not him. This incident happened in the year 1981.

Sign off Message> Thank you for all the questions. Be happy, be good and may god bless all. Take care. Johny Lever.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SweetButSpicy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 17 years ago
wow!! gr8 work... thnx 4 sharing!!!
.Prometheus. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6