Biryani time with Aditi [Khushi]

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

Factor

Biryani  time with Aditi Shirwaikar

You know her as Sonu in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki , in Milee  she is Milee's best friend, Khushi and in Hare Kaanch Ki Chudiyan  she is the youngest bahu , Komal who dreams of becoming an actress. This is Aditi Shirwaikar for you, the girl who is having her best time in Tellywood now.

The girl swears by her Biryanis  and states that she can eat Biryanis  for all her meals. A complete food lover, Aditi shares her mantras  on food and fitness with ShaadiTimes.

I'm a complete foodie
I love to eat Mughlai  and Punjabi dishes,
Biryani, being my hot favourite. Given a chance, I would love to have Biryani  for all my meals! (Laughs). Thank God I don't have a sweet tooth and I think this has helped me stay in shape. I include lot of fruits and water in my diet. However, now I'm on a diet and can't indulge too much. But I have a little rice for dinner. I know dietitians say that this is a strict no-no, but I have been following this for quite some time and have not experienced any ill-effects.

</>  

Dad's cup of tea
I start my day with a cup of tea made by my dad. I'm so used to it now that I can't have my morning tea made by anyone else. I started cooking when my mom went to the US and my maid had to cook for us. Then I started trying my hand in the kitchen and today, I love cooking. I have learnt most of the dishes from my mom. I think she is the best cook. Her delicious puranpolis  are enough for me to toss my diet plan out of the window. As I am on a strict diet now, I ask her not to make them as I can't resist it. Sometimes I pick up interesting books on cooking and try out experimental dishes for my family! I can cook everything but rotis . For a guest, I would definitely cook my favourite chicken biriyani !

Fitness
I am a complete fitness freak. I rarely miss my gym. Since I am a late riser, I don't go for morning walks, but I go to the gym around 11 a.m. If I am shooting, I make it a point to go the gym in the night, even if it is 10.30 at night! Working out regularly in the gym and alternating with cardio exercises, helps me to stay in shape. And recently I have lost a lot of weight too.

Food Facts
I carry my lunch dabba to my sets. They generally include simple subzi  and 2 rotis . I also carry fruits and starch free snacks which I like to munch every now and then. I have also found that eating small meals every two hours helps to burn fat. I suffered from jaundice sometime back and ever since I'm very scared to eat bhelpuri  or paani puri  from road side stalls.

Beauty Tips
I take special care of my hair because I need to use different stylising products for straightening and colouring my hair. I go for regular head massages and protein treatments for the scalp and hair. When not shooting, I wear zero-make up. Since I have a
dry skin, I wash my face with a face wash once a day and then wash with plain water 3-4 times a day.

Favourite Hangouts
'Mainland China' in Andheri is my all-time favourite joint. I also love to go to 'Patio' in Juhu and 'The Dhaba' in Oshiwara. However, when going out for a date with my boy friend, I don't like to spell my preferences. I let him take me to a place of his choice. This helps to add a dash of romance and surprise to the special evening.

My diet chart

Morning : 2-3 glass of warm water.
Breakfast : A cup of tea, followed by wheat flakes or Muesli
Snacks : Biscuits and fruits every two hours
Lunch : 2-3 rotis  and home-made subzi
Evening : Poha  or Idli
Dinner : Rice, dal  and dahi
Edited by Manoj_Tina fan - 17 years ago