shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago
Call me Mrs Soman
Jyothi Prabhakar

It was to a packed audience at Siri Fort auditorium, just before the screening of his movie 'Valley of Flowers', that Milind Soman announced that he "has married Mylene Jampanoi" his co-star of the film, and girlfriend, three days ago. Quite obviously, one couldn't wait to get the model-turned actor to talk about it in detail. 

So when and how did this happen? Who proposed first? "When we came here for promoting the film, I took Mylene to Goa. I love that place, and my mother stays there too. It was there in the village that I proposed to her. She accepted, and we decided to get married then and there, in the village itself. It was a simple ceremony, with just our families and close friends being present," says Milind, who sported long hair and had an unshaven look. Was Mylene surprised? "I was shocked. At first I didn't know what to do, how to respond. But then it sank in, and I was just so happy," she says glancing shyly at Milind, in her accented English. But it is not just Mylene who was taken by surprise, the Bollywood and modelling fraternity was too, thanks to this very quiet wedding.

But oblivious to all this, the couple just cannot seem to keep their hands off each other, and keep looking at each other everytime a question is asked. So, was it love at first sight for them? "At first sight, we just hated each other," says Mylene. "I thought she was a stuck-up French actress and she thought I was extremely pompous," says Milind.

So when did they realise that they loved each other? "It was when we were shooting in Ladakh that we realised we loved each other," says Milind. Mylene shares more, "I guess it was the beauty of the whole place. It made us look inwards, and realise what our hearts wanted."

So what are their future plans? "One thing at a time. As of now, I just want to wallow in the 'just married' feeling. All the other plans can come later," smiles Milind. "So will Mylene Jampanoi settle down in India? "I am Soman now. Please call me Mrs Soman. And no, we haven't decided anything now," Mylene corrects. Well, here's to you, Mrs Soman!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

notfadedaway thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
congrats.....thanks for sharinnggg 👏 👏 👏
qazi_luv thumbnail