Is this my India? Should I be proud of it? or Sad?

Manish_Shetty thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Is this my India? Should I be sad, or proud?

I know I am very late in posting an analysis. However, as many of you guys know that I had my exams and was a little busy could not see the episodes for the past 3 weeks. Today finally I found myself some time to check out all the episodes since 7th Jan – 24th Jan. Here, is my take on them.

[V] Suvreen Guggal – Topper of the Year, has always been a show that gives you an unbiased picture of what exactly is happening around us. This is one of the reasons that I watch this show. As always this time too the show has presented the issue of eve teasing in the best manner possible. Before, going into the analysis of the story line I would say hats off to each and every one of them who have been a part of this wonderful show. Not just the actors, but also all the backstage artists, who I am sure have worked day and night to make it possible.

Let us talk about the story line. The major theme was eve teasing, however it has been or in fact is focusing on lot more than just eve teasing. I know most of you all may say it was the jealousy track, or Yuvreen, Resu or Alisha-Yuvi track. But, not just that, but issues that is related to not just the show, but to each one of us watching it on TV, each one of us walking on the road, each one of us who call ourselves Indians, or may I call it Humans.

First issue was about Baby meeting her friend without informing her parents. I know most of you may say what is wrong in that? Baby just wanted to meet her friend, how was she wrong? May be I am too young to talk on this, so pardon me if I do say something wrong. Well, I too feel Baby is not completely wrong, but then she is not completely right either. The show has even before presented this issue and if I am not wrong that was the first time in the show, that Suvreen Guggal was proved to be wrong. This was the first time that the idealist heroin of an Indian soap was shown doing something that is incorrect. Yes, you guessed it right. I am talking about the road trip incident. Suvreen was wrong for lying to her parents, which probably later she did realize and also tried to repent for her wrong doing. Even then we all audience discussed on if she was the only one to be blamed? Wasn't it even, her family's mistake that they could not create a environment where she could openly talk about her going out with her family? Now, coming back to the present. Baby is not be completely blamed. Probably when she entered this big city she did nto find anyone to guide her in the right direction. She is young and nave. She does not realize what is right and wrong. Yes, agreed that Suvreen was there for her, she could have approached her but then, somewhere I would say Suvreen was a little busy in her own world, however we cannot blame her for this. So, I would say Baby is not completely wrong. She is only  innocent. Does her being innocent put her in the sinner's place?

Second, was about the eve teasing and rape incident itself. A guy tries to save his friend being molested, but this itself turn out to be fatal to him? Now, I am sure that no one would dare say me that it happens only in serials and movies. Not at least after what happened in the recent Delhi Rape case. So does that mean, saving our own friends is wrong? The worst part was when Jasleen and Alisha were just crying out for help, but no one even tried to turn up. In such a situation how do you expect the system to be right? We talk about India being the Young Nation, and if I am not wrong then the young are to be fearless, then what happened then? Where were the youth? Was this really youth power?

Third, the system. Yes the system which we all are a part of. The very same system that runs this society. First of all a guy is brutally stabbed, but the doctor says he can do nothing about it, until the case is registered. Okay, now I understand that, but what explanation do I seek for the carefree attitude of the policeman? In India rules are followed only at places where it needs to be relaxed. We respect the rule that says don't treat patients in certain cases until a case is registered, but why do we forget that the very same constitution also says that the police needs to act quick? The police needs to protect the right and just? Do we need to teach them these rules? I wonder!!

Fourth, was about the youth. Hats off to youth like Suvreen, Yuvraj, Ailsha, Annie, Naro, Zoro, Mannu and Rathie. We need youth like them. We need to change ourselves to them. Just by watching SG and appreciating the actors, we don't become good citizens. For being a good citizen we need courage like them. We need courage to fight the system. We need to tell the system what is right and what is wrong. By just saying that the system is inefficient or by just nagging about it does not make us great or does not put the system down. What really makes a change is when you make an attempt to correct it. We daily talk about how politicians are corrupt, but what about us casting out vote. I know many out there may ask me How our one vote can make a difference? For you it is one, but when 1000 of us come together it becomes thousand. However, I agree to the police in one matter. That is when the inspector said that today they will shout, but when a rape happens in front of them, they don't stop it. Yes, this is true. Not for people like Yuvraj or the SG friends, but for those who don't talk against wrong, fearing that where something may go wrong? But one thing guys, if we think like that, then don't you think that there is already so much wrong going on, then what more wrong can happen? We need to also not forget one thing that is our frustration can be our weapon as well as our own weakness. I hope you guys got what I am hinting on. So to make a right choice is left to you.

Fifth, Money or Muscle Power. When, in class nine I had read this phrase as a weakness of our democracy, and today I realize what it means. Yes, the corruption in the system. But then after seeing what that constable said, I think it is wrong to blame the entire system. Don't forget that even, today there are many right people who want to do good, but then the system does not allow them to progress.

At the end I would ask only one question – Is this my India? But I would also say that I am not totally disappointed with my country, because I am proud of it for there are people like Yuvraj, Suvreen and the gang, who really can make a change. At the same time I also know there are people like the inspector, which makes me sad. Tomorrow we celebrate 64th Republic Day of India. This was the day when we got the constitution adopted. So I think at least tomorrow, we people like Jasleen, who are afraid of the system take a pledge that we will "be the change we want to see in the world". We will prove it that we are proud to be Indian. Jai Hind, and happy Republic Day to all.   

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Supertrouper thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Well said or should I say thought or shud I say well written.
Nyways agree with u abt d plight of d nation...
CrazyDeeps thumbnail
very well said πŸ‘
totally agreed
Manish_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: tashaveli

Well said or should I say thought or shud I say well written.
Nyways agree with u abt d plight of d nation...

Thanx a lot Tashaveli di..!!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
Manish_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: Deepika100

very well said πŸ‘
totally agreed

Thanx a lot Deepika..!!! πŸ˜ƒ
Manish_Shetty thumbnail

Thanx a lot Yukti..!!! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜‰
-adorabubbles- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Manish_Shetty

Thanx a lot Yukti..!!! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜‰

Welcome shell come :D you know when i first saw your post i was like woah this is like an essay but when i started reading it i couldn't stop! 😳Edited by KrYanVirIka - 11 years ago
Lianaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 5
well saidπŸ‘ teddy bearπŸ€—
AgreeπŸ‘πŸΌ
Manish_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: KrYanVirIka

Welcome shell come :D you know when i first saw your post i was like woah this is like an essay but when i started reading it i couldn't stop! 😳

I too thought that I will not get any reply for such a boring post...but then the Indian in me could not stop making this post..!! 😳...πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
Manish_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: nazomel

well saidπŸ‘ teddy bearπŸ€—

AgreeπŸ‘πŸΌ

thanx Naz cutie..!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ