TOI:Wedding bells will ring soon: Ravi Dubey

.Sunshine. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Serials like '12/24 Karol Bagh' and 'Saas Bina Sasural' saw Ravi Dubey carving a niche for himself as an actor, who stands by all things subtle. Hence, it is really interesting to see him competing in dance reality show 'Nach Baliye', which is all about flaunting your expressions and attitude with a vengeance. Ask him how difficult it is, and the soft-spoken lad says, "It is tough, but I'm enjoying it because I love challenges." With this, he settled down to a relaxed chitchat with TOI on his maiden visit to the city:

You practice Buddhism, so did you get to visit Deekshabhoomi?

Much as I wanted to go there, I couldn't make it. It was a very hectic visit and we had absolutely no time on hand.

Dance reality shows generally tend to bring out the worst in a couple because of crazy rehearsal hours and frayed nerves. So, how are you and your girlfriend Sargun Mehta coping with it?

Of course, we have our own share of fights, but that is because I tend to argue about each dance step. Sargun, on the other hand, is very accommodating. But, I feel it is better to disagree than disrespect your partner. While gruelling rehearsals tend to tire us out, we are loving the time we get to spend together.

You and Sargun have been together for two years now. When are the wedding bells likely to ring?

They will ring soon, very soon! Our families will meet and take a call at the right time, which is not far off now.

Doesn't your girlfriend get little jealous, when Shilpa Shetty compliments you in her bindaas manner? Shilpa Shetty is gorgeous, but I have a stunner of my own. So, my girl need not be any more jealous than she already is!

You are a tele-star, but all the limelight in your reality show is hogged by Rahul Mahajan and Sania Mirza...

As far as Sania Mirza is concerned, she is a great sportswoman, who has made the country proud on numerous occasions. She is such a nice and friendly person, I don't know why people tag her as a snooty girl. And speaking of Rahul Mahajan, he is extremely warm and lots of fun. So, he deserves all the attention that he gets!

TV actors like Sushant Singh Rajput and Barun Sobti have veered towards films. Does that filmi track lure you too?

Honestly speaking, I pray to tread that track! But, I don't aspire for big-budget films orcommercial projects; my dream path is made of intelligent, crossover films, which have great scripts and meaty roles.

Would you be open to a reality show like Bigg Boss?

Why not! I really enjoyed watching it and would love to be a part of it someday! The only problem is that I have an erratic sleep pattern. If I'm allowed to sleep in the night, I'm going to enjoy such a tryst.