Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Sammir Dattani trying to etch his career

priyapiya thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Interview : Sammir Dattani trying to etch his career in Bollywood

Sammir Dattani debuted with 'Uff Kya Jadoo Mohabbat Hai' but couldn't make a mark in Bollywood. He came back with 'Pyaar Mein Twist' but this film too did him no good. He resurfaces back in action with Madhur Bhandarkar's 'Corporate' that released last week. He is just three years old in the industry and with small roles is making his impact felt. After a cameo in Corporate, he plays a lead in Mani Shankar's Mukhbir. Other forthcoming releases are 'Marathon' and 'Shootout At Lokhandwala'. We talk to him about his films.

Excerpts from an interview: 

How is 'Corporate' doing and how is the response?

The good thing is that Corporate has received positive feedback. I'm happy about it.

The film is clustered with characters. What makes your role stand out?

This is one of the common aspects of all Madhur Bhandarkar's film. His film generally has lots of characters and are plot-driven and character-driven. Importance is never paid to a special hero and heroine. The characters and their situations take the story forward. Here the characters stand out for their individual trait and I hope people remember them. Just like the real Corporate world, I'm a part of the unit. Bipasha Basu plays my boss. Potentiality of my character is that Madhur has tried to connect to the youth through me.

Were you hesitant to play such a small role?

Madhur wanted mine and Minissha Lamba's character to be put that way. Why should I be hesitant to play the role! I feel it's the good gesture of Madhur. I have many executive friends in real life and I drew inspiration from them to do the role. They have also faced the situations in real life the way I do in the film.

After Corporate what is next on the cards?

Sanjay Gupta's film Shootout At Lokhandwala is also happening. Another film Mukhbir is completed. It's a film by Mani Shankar and should release by Diwali. I'm playing the role of mukhbir, which means informer. Raima Sen is opposite me. Next is Marathon based on Mumbai Marathon that happens every year. The film should release by December or January.

What is Marathon all about?

In marathon people irrespective of various backgrounds come together. I play the character of a football player who has lost his leg to cancer. Despite of that he runs the marathon.

Tell us something about Shootout At Lokhandwala.

This is a realistic film based on the real life shootout that happened in 1992. There are many characters in the film and I'm one among them. I'll play a negative role. Apoorva thought I'm apt for the role and approached me and I nodded to it.

How much is truth in the story about your link up with Raima Sen?

There is no truth in the talks, that's all I can say. We are very good friends and have worked together in our first video. We are working together again in Mukhbir. She is a very sweet girl. Maybe someone saw us together and thought that we were seeing each other and that's how the rumor spread.

How was it shooting with Minissha in Corporate?

We didn't interact much on the sets but I had a good time working with her. We're getting lots of offers pairing us together. May be we will work together in future.

Do you think that you've stabilized yourself in Bollywood?

Not yet as things are moving very slowly and steadily. But its great to be here and I'm enjoying it. Things are ascending and that's good. I'm getting exciting works and audience recognizes me now. In future I aspire to be among the successful actors.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

notfadedaway thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago
thanks for the interview šŸ‘