'I can never be a good housewife'

VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago

Suhasi Goradia Dhami talks to E Malik about playing Sona, a journalist-turned-homemaker, in Zee TV's recent show

There are times when we have all been awed by the capability of our mothers who were full time homemakers.

They would handle the tantrums of the kids, the finances and yet come on top of everything. But at the same time it has been established that being a housewife is a thankless job. We have overlooked their contributions many a times. The recent show on Zee TV, Aaj Ki Housewife Hai… sab Jaanti Hai, aims to credit the contributions and highlight the housewives.

Suhasi Goradia Dhami plays Sona, who has chosen to turn a housewife, giving up her career as a journalist. "This is something very different and new. I have played the traditional girl Abha inYahaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli. So I know that I will have to use less glycerin in this show. Aaj ki Housewife Hai... is a light-hearted attempt. There are no overtly dramatic moments. Sona is very intelligent and smart. It's her choice to become a housewife," shared Suhasi.

The TV show has veteran actor Himani Shivpuri who plays the saas and has Aniruddh Dave who plays Sona's husband. Parikshit Sahni is also seen playing a respectable elder in the show.  "There is a particular way that every woman has to handle her household. She knows the ways and tricks to come out of tricky situations. But the way she think is a lot different. There is another woman in the show, who is as we say, born to be a housewife and then there is me, who keeps her journalistic training handy and deals with the situations differently," added Suhasi.

She explained, "Every two-three months the LPG gas delivery guy is late and  the whole colony has to suffer because of that. But she uses her contacts that she cultivated during her journalistic stint and resolves the problem."

The channel to promote the achievements of housewives has also come up with an online Facebook app where housewives from across the country can upload pictures of what they think are their personal achievements.

In real life Suhasi is hardly a housewife, so much so that her only task at home is to boil eggs and water in the morning.

"I just wake up slightly early, to do the errand, that's it. My mother-in-law keeps everything organised. I am lucky that ways. And if I ever had to be a house wife — I am sure I will never ever be a good one, I prefer to act being a housewife rather than being one," said Suhasi.

The actress is also shooting for the dance reality show Nach Baliye, which we are sure barely gives her time to do any household work.

"Yes doing a daily soap and also a reality show leaves no time for family or anything else. But the advantage is that while doing the dance show I am with my husband all the time — discussing the performance, the costumes etc. So I get to spend more time with him," she concluded.

http://www.dailypioneer.com/vivacity/119904-i-can-never-be-a-good-housewife.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

karsuh thumbnail
Thanks Visha 😊 Suhasi is really lucky that she can rely on her MIL 😉
karsuh thumbnail
Suhasi must take lessons from her MIL to be a great housewife in future 😉
VishaD. thumbnail
She is lucky to get such understanding husband and MIL ðŸ˜Š
karsuh thumbnail
Yes Visha 😊 Suhasi is very lucky indeed 😉
Thanks for sharing Visha...
She is very lucky indeed, to have such a mother in law...
VishaD. thumbnail
Hope we shall get such MIL's ðŸ˜†
Sonali.S thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
hahaha...are u excited about your marriage
VishaD. thumbnail
Not yet but topic have officially started especially when going for functions and weddings ðŸ¤”
Sonali.S thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
yes these functions, sometimes i wonder too...last in the month of may after seeing my sis in a function rishta came for her...we laughhed so much and then told their family that our daughter may be 5'6 by height was she is only 14...hahahaha...being a girl is not so easy.