Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yankees thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
This ex contestant in bigg boss was the girlfriend of a high ranking Indian gangster, even fled to the Middle East with him. I forgot her name, Sonia maybe?
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: Yankees

This ex contestant in bigg boss was the girlfriend of a high ranking Indian gangster, even fled to the Middle East with him. I forgot her name, Sonia maybe?

Her name is Monica Bedi, she was in Season 2 which is not hosted by Salman Khan, it was hosted by Shilpa Shetty. She is Abu Salem's Gf.
atominis thumbnail
Aamir Khan and Amitabh Bachchan are no way close to underworld I guess. These guys are extremely well connected to politicians and powerful business families like Ambanis.

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Skepblun

Aamir Khan and Amitabh Bachchan are no way close to underworld I guess. These guys are extremely well connected to politicians and powerful business families like Ambanis.

amitabh might be connected  in the 80s/early 90s when mumbai was ruled  by dawood ibrahim as depicted in OUATIM

-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Majority of Bollywood had connection with the underworld in the 90s... Major Bollywood stars attended Dawood's parties in Dubai and Sharjah... either out of choice or because of pressure... 

Majority of the films in the 90's and early 2000s was funded by the underworld... Underworld don Abu Salem had said that he had funded Devdas... Chori chori chupke chupke was funded by Chota Shakeel...There were many other movies funded by Salem, Chota Shakeel and Dawood...

It was only after diamond merchant/financier Bharat Shah's arrest in 2001, the nexus between Bollywood and the underworld was exposed... 

Before 2000, Bollywood was ineligible for bank credit and legitimate financing... They welcomed the funds from the underworld and it was a mutually beneficial arrangement... It was only post 2000 that the government made them eligible for legitimate financing and around the same time corporatisation of Bollywood happened and the corporate houses took over Bollywood... 

Things are so much more better now... There's more transparency in funding and transactions... 
Edited by -Maddy- - 11 years ago
abjbdishiuw thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Maddy-

Majority of Bollywood had connection with the underworld in the 90s... Major Bollywood stars attended Dawood's parties in Dubai and Sharjah... either out of choice or because of pressure... 

Majority of the films in the 90's and early 2000s was funded by the underworld... Underworld don Abu Salem had said that he had funded Devdas... There were many other movies funded by Salem, Chota Shakeel and Dawood...

It was only after diamond merchant/financier Bharat Shah's arrest in 2001, the nexus between Bollywood and the underworld was exposed... 
Before 2000, Bollywood was ineligible for bank credit and legitimate financing... They welcomed the funds from the underworld and it was a mutually beneficial arrangement... It was only post 2000 that the government made them eligible for legitimate financing and around the same time corporatisation of Bollywood happened and the corporate houses took over Bollywood... 

Things are so much more better now... There's more transparency in funding and transactions... 

i vaguely remember preity testifying in a case!! it had to do with extortion!

money laundering runs deep in our country...it is murky, dark and pervasive! 
forget Underworld he has connections to El Diabolo himself. 

Salmansucks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I wonder why not many Sallu fans are commenting and those sallu fans that are , are being funny and not taking it serious. Bollywood is full dirt!