A love story between a cop and a journalist- OS

lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
A ferocious cop and a feisty journalist... I don't think we've had this angle in the TV screens in the past...

A freshly promoted inspector has been stationed in a booming city - the very city that a feisty young journalist had decided to take up a position in one of the leading dailies too! It doesn't take too long for the journalist to set upon her quest of reporting on the city's crime. Her aim was to bring out the 'criminals' in the open - even if it meant she had to hype her news reports every now and again. Following the city's notorious history of unsolved investigations and botched-up cases, she doesn't mince her words as she begins slandering the city's lacklustre police-force and politicians for their complacency. However, little did she know that the new hot-blooded inspector in town didn't really fall in the same category - he was a man on a mission! He was here to try and eradicate the scum in the city as far as he could. He was an introvert - a man with little interests otherwise. So much so, that even his very-traditional parents knew better than to badger him to follow the usual path of marriage and family. 

Needless to say, the city's crime-ridden roads did keep him busier than he'd thought. Adding to his frustrations, the recent poor reporting on his cases only seemed to add fuel to fire. Continuing to mistrust his intentions, journalist Sona didn't leave any opportunity to report on/rebuke any of the police force's unsuccessful attempts/cases on paper. Not surprisingly, her paper had begun selling very well - but the number of people beginning to despise the new journalist's sharp tongue and bitter words only grew in number. 

Subsequently, a few morose incidents occur in town. When the journalists arrive at the scene, this young lady daringly steps forth to interrogate the new inspector - blaming him for his inability to diffuse the situation before-hand. Soon after, the discussions spiral into heated arguments between the cops and the journalists - thanks to the two conceited individuals who were at the centre of it all! 
The inspector then goes on to retaliate by publicly slamming the young lady's journalistic abilities - blaming her for undermining the police force and hindering investigations. Thus, the battle becomes an open war. 
Following the altercations, the thick-skinned Sona resolves never to let such backlashes faze her. After all, cops and politicians were corrupt greedy lustful men who had egos the size of ostrich eggs - she tells herself!

Their subtle enmity ensues and their egos don't allow them to realize that in reality they were both only trying to better their own city/town. The inspector tries to steer clear of the nosy journalist at all costs, but many such circumstances compel the two to cross paths. As their interactions evolve over time, the cop witnesses a few instances where he starts observing that the journalist's intentions were not really only to sensationalize news. He could sense that she cared for justice too! 
Similarly, over the course of her own reporting, Sona also gets an insight into the fact that the city's inspector she'd been targeting so long was possibly not as bad as she'd thought him out to be - at least not as bad as the other usual 'bad/corrupt' cops she'd come across. 
Quite expectedly, passage of time ensures that the inspector and journalist iron out their differences and begin to share a friendly amiable professional relationship. 

With their increasing interactions, her suspicions against the inspector are proved wrong time and again. She then decides to co-operate with him and stop meddling in his affairs - basically, letting him do his job. At crime scenes, she avoids publicizing any info she comes across that she guesses would otherwise compromise his investigations. Why, she even begins giving the handsome inspector 'insider-info' on a couple of occasions - info she received from her own small network of informers. Obviously this could eventually jeopardize her career, but she didn't mind as long as it was helping put villains behind bars. Now, these 'deals' between the two definitely helps the police force bust a few underworld-ongoings, but also puts the young lady's life at risk. 

Needless to say, when the underworld learn of how their dealings were being busted it pisses them off to no end! The young journalist soon starts receiving many death threats and even encounters a close brush with near-death. However, NONE of these intimidations stop her. Not till one not-so-fine day she learns what the underworld had managed to do to her informer-friend. If she didn't want to be found lying at the bottom of a ditch like her informer-friend, she better bring her investigations to a halt - at least temporarily. However, the damage had been done and it was only a matter of time before the underworld would get back at her for going against them! 

When the inspector is updated with the situation, he is thrown into a moral dilemma. Though he didn't really want the responsibility - it became his duty to ensure her life was safe! The fact that she was extremely beautiful, daring and single did NOT help matters either! He'd used her sources to nab a few convicts and his conscience would never let him stand by and watch her die...

There was no way he could keep a close watch on her at all times. He wouldn't be allowed to station officers permanently for her protection since the information she was providing him was confidential and for low-profile cases. Besides, he knew that his hot-headed journalist friend wouldn't encourage 24 hour protection either. Yet, he couldn't possibly be with her personally at all times. Additionally, their subtle-yet-not-so-subtle friendly meetings were beginning to raise a few eyebrows.

He ponders on the issue for a while - in fact, a long while and then comes to a conclusion. The only thing he could do, he decides to do. 

Under the guise of a scheduled case interview the following day, he acts upon his decision. When the two get a lone spare moment amidst the myriad of reporters and officers, he asks her in a low tone very matter-of-factly  
'By the way, Sona ji...I thought about this... do you think you would want to marry me?' 
There was plenty of concern, but little affection in his eyes as he blurted the statement. If she said yes, she'd automatically assume a title of a reputed police officer 's wife and even be entitled to 24 hour protection if he ever asked for it - Now THAT was his main motto behind the proposal!

Thrown back by his question, she doesn't know what to say. She had always boasted of being very intuitive, but she never saw this coming from him! She didn't hate him now - not at all. In fact, she knew that he was a good man and very handsome too. She knew many girls would have jumped at the opportunity, but something held her back from saying 'yes'. It was that she didn't love him - at least not yet! Additionally, their professions were very risky - would their pairing be worth it?  
Besides, she could sense that he was proposing marriage as an offer of protection. Her pride and ego tried convincing her that she definitely didn't NEED a 'pity-wedding' as she was perfectly capable of taking care of herself. 
Yet, some of the sordid things she'd seen lately brought shivers to her spine. Being the wife of a renowned inspector would force the underworld to think thrice before inflicting any harm upon her. She could do with some protection if she needed to carry on with investigative journalism in future. Besides, a marriage with a cop would be the perfect cover-up and hiatus for the time-being.

And i could go on and on... and how Inspector kanhaiyya and Sona... marry... start with a platonic/professional relationship...how she doesn't really get along with her in-laws...but how they couple begin seeing each other for what they are.. and eventually fall passionately in love. 

Now why couldn't they have thought of something on these lines? Lol I know...this is such a far cry from housewifey stuff...but this is what I want to watch...😭
Edited by lashy - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rashmi04 thumbnail
Shraddha.. Thanks a lot for the OS . It is Refreshing. πŸ€—

Next kab ? 😳 ..forgive me for being demanding but it makes me feel better. πŸ˜ƒEdited by Rashmi04 - 11 years ago
Sonali.S thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
hehehe...phle like kar deti hun kynki waise bhi dhamakedaar os hoga

Ye to surprize os h...thanku my darling...sbse jyada mai khush hun kynki os ke liye roti rehti hun
Sonali.S thumbnail
very cute and sweet OS...shows all the concern and bonding.

MOHRA MOVIE...inspector akshay and journalist raveena...hahaha

Thanku for the 1st beautiful OS on housewife

Omg...khtm ho gaya...phr kb milega...kitni nalayak hun mai demand krti rhti hun
But phr bhi jaldi likhna like wo phle ki tarah...every saturday
GunDaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Lovely Lovely OS ..very nice lubbed it di ...
roshaeldsouza91 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Beautifully written yaar i love you shraddha.. for giving us such refreshing as well lovely O.S... πŸ˜Š filhal itna hi aur comment ghar wapas aane ke baad karungi😳
Rashmi04 thumbnail
Now why couldn't they have thought of something on these lines? Lol I know...this is such a far cry from housewifey stuff...but this is what I want to watch...Cry

I think.. Family shows have more audience. Handful of viewers want to see a journalist and cop story.

Trp pressure is so high that most of the production houses want to play safe.

I am sure this serial will benefit AD enormously as the entire cast is experienced and famous.

Lets support AD.
Edited by Rashmi04 - 11 years ago
Sanahil thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Lashy Dear, Can i post this OS on my fb page "Housewife Hai. Sab Janti Hai" ?? i will mention ur name there so the credit will be urs.. 😊
Sonali.S thumbnail
hehehe...ya ask her...she will never say a no...she is such a darling..my lashy darling...your lashy darling...forum lashy darling...darling darling darling
Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Twinne, you are the best.πŸ€—