Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
'Shaitan' aims to raise awareness about crime: Sharad Kelkar

New Delhi: TV actor Sharad Kelkar is all set to host a new crime based show 'Shaitan', which he says will educate people and make them more aware of the reasons behind criminal offences. "The show is based on the reality of criminals and their thought process. It will also educate people and impart knowledge about the working of a criminal minds," Sharad told PTI.

The 36-year-old actor has previously hosted shows including 'Rock-N-Roll Family' and 'Pati Patni Aur Woh'.

When asked why have another crime based show, when there are already programmes like 'Crime Patrol', 'CID' and 'Savdhan India', Sharad said, "The USP of our show is that we have delved into the reason behind people turning into criminals

The TV show is based on the reality of criminals and their thought process. Sharad Kelkar is hosting the show.

and committing hideous crimes."

"There is definitely a competition but it is not just that. Our show is not just about solving the crime, it is much more than that."

Sharad rose to fame with 'Saat Phere' in 2005. Earlier this year he replaced actor Mohnish Behl as Dr Ashutosh in the popular daily soap 'Kuch Toh Log Kahenge'. Despite that, the show's popularity wasn't affected.

"I never felt like I was replacing someone. For me it was a new show and I was very excited about it. I respect Mohnish as an actor, I have grown up watching him. But I never tried to copy him and I brought my own touch to the character. And the result is in front of your eyes. The audience loves it, we have a good slot. What else could I have asked for?" he said.

The actor was recently seen on the big screen in '1920: Evil Returns' in which he played the role of an evil spirit.

When asked if he is open to acting in films, Sharad said, "I am open to acting, be it in films, TV, or anchoring. I am very keen about everything. I have a few films in hand but it is too early to talk about them," he said.

'Shaitan - A Criminal Mind' will premiere on Colors on December 1.

Minionite thumbnail

Sharad Kelkar delves into a criminal's mind

What prompted you to host a crime-based show like Shaitaan?
The show goes beyond the crime and delves into the thought process of a criminal, which appealed to me. All are normal people with both good and evil inside us. What you tap depends on the upbringing, incidents, circumstances, etc, which is what we study in the show. I am the sutradhar talking about the psychology of the criminal.

Aren't you in a way trying to create empathy for the criminal?
No. We are making people aware of the various complexes and diseases that exist and help them get rid of it before the shaitaan in them comes out.

Recently, you yourself played an evil character in the film 1920 — The Evil Returns...
Yes. When Vikram (Bhatt) narrated the story and my role, I realised it was a character I had never played before. Amar (his character) was a completely evil character and since I was playing a positive role in Kuch Toh Log Kahenge (on TV), I wanted to do something like that.

Kuch Toh.. saw you stepping into Mohnish Behl's shoes. How has the experience been?
First of all, I looked at the role differently, not in terms of replacing the actor or anything like that. Before Kuch Toh..., I had mainly done aggressive, angry young man kind of roles be it Nahar Singh ofSaat Phere, or Thakur ofBairi Piya. Dr Ashutosh of kuch toh... was much softer, subtle. There was a certain therav to his character which was not there in the ones that I had played earlier and I needed that in my career. That was my first motivation to do the role. Secondly, I didn't see what Mohnish sir had done or his style. I didn't copy anyone and it paid off. People have accepted me and I have already done 150-200 episodes.

Any more films in the pipeline?
I am in talks for two projects, but it's too early to talk about them. When it comes to choosing roles I go by instinct. If I like it I do it, the length of the role doesn't matter. I go by the importance of the character.

Minionite thumbnail

A girl kills her family in Shaitaan

Friday, December 21, 2012 | 6:31:13 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    1 Comments
A girl kills her family in Shaitaan

Daughter of an MLA kills her entire family to get the house property in Colors' Shaitaan- A Criminal Mind...

The forthcoming episode of Colors'Shaitaan - A Criminal Mind has a grim story for all its viewers. 

Payal Malhotra comes from a well-to-do family. Her father Amar Malhotra is an MLA, who earns properties worth crores of rupees. 

Payal, who is a Karate expert falls in love with a man, Pratap whom she meets at a tournament. She is well built, full of rage and anger all the time. After her father's first wife dies, he gets involved with her mother Lalitha; Payal is conceived out of this wed-lock. She is never liked by her father or step brother.  She faces extreme ragging and taunts because of her behavior and is accused of being a 'bad blood'.

This takes a toll on Payal and she decides to kill the entire family and take over the entire property. 

To know more don't miss Shaitaan – A Criminal Mind on Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 10.00 PM, only on Colors.
Minionite thumbnail

A pimp who has no remorse about her business in Shaitaan

Friday, January 18, 2013 | 5:02:00 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    0 Comments
A pimp who has no remorse about her business in Shaitaan

The upcoming case in the show 'Shaitaan- A Criminal Mind', showcases Tina's involvement in the flesh trade.

The forthcoming episode of ColorsShaitaan - A Criminal Mind will be presenting a rather spine chilling case for its audiences. 

The case involves Tina who confidently and boldly justifies her nature of work, claiming it to be her daily way f earning bread and butter. The story revolves around how Tina gets introduced into the flesh trade through an accomplice Ruchi. She works under a pimp named Fatima and slowly establishes her own huge network including Bollywood actresses, college students and models. The men demand her services as she gets famous. 

Randhir, Atif and Gurbir get shot in separate encounters, all of them are connected to Tina. She is finally caught in a sting operation conducted by the cops and is put behind bars. 

To know more about how and why it happened watch Shaitaan – A Criminal Mind on Sunday. 

Author: Krishma Solanki

Minionite thumbnail

Sudeep Sarangi to feature in an episodic of Colors' Shaitaan

Sudeep Sarangi

Sudeep Sarangi, a known face on India Television, who has earlier done an episodic in Haunted Nights, is all set to play the main lead in an episodic in Colors' Shaitaan.

Our source informs us that the particular story will be based on a Delhi crime sequence in which Sudeep will play the main protagonist Vikram whose wife Muskan Choudhary, a new girl on the block, is murdered. The story revolves around how he traces out the real culprit and fights for his wife's justice.

When we got in touch with Sudeep, he said, "I am blessed and feel lucky to bag this role. I am thankful to the production house and channel for believing in me."

Source: rival site

Minionite thumbnail
Correctional home authorities help inmate to open coaching classes

link- http://www.thestatesman.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&show=archive&id=432405&catid=73&year=2012&month=11&day=27&Itemid=66

statesman news service

KOLKATA, 26 NOV: The authorities of the correctional home have given Rs 10,000 to an inmate, who has been released from the prison a few days ago, for opening a coaching class centre.

Inspector general (prisons) Mr Ranvir Kumar said Mr Randhir Basu (70), who was given life sentence following a murder case at Noapara in 1991, was released on 13 April this year. Mr Basu, who was a science teacher, expressed his desire for opening a coaching centre for earning his livelihood. Mr Basu, a private tutor, was accused of murdering four persons of a same family in connivance with his student Ms Sudipa Pal. Mrs Pal was earlier released. Mr Basu spent a long time in an open-air jail in Lalgola in Murshidabad and used to earn money through coaching classes. After releasing from the jail he was suffering economic crisis and later contacted jail authorities for help. Ramakrishna Mission also gave him Rs 15,000 for opening a coaching class.

Minionite thumbnail

Govt announces release of 40 life convicts

link- http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-03-14/kolkata/31164523_1_life-convicts-release-mamata-banerjee

TNN Mar 14, 2012, 03.54AM IST

KOLKATA: The Mamata Banerjee government on Tuesday announced the release of 40 convicts who have spent more than 18 years behind the bars at various jails in the state.

"This is a historic decision," chief minister Mamata Banerjee said on Tuesday. "Those who are being released can get back to the mainstream. We shall review other cases from time to time. Due to government negligence, many have been languishing in prison for 22 years and in some cases even for 45 years," she added.

Two convicts in the list of 40 have served for more than 24 years. Tarak Chowdhury, 54, one of them who is now at Dum Dum central jail, has been a convict for over 27 years.

Among those shortly to be released, there is 65-year-old Ranadhir Basu, who was sentenced in the case of gruesome murder of parents and grandparents of Sudipa Pal. Basu was Sudipa's tutor and she too was involved in the murder. The gruesome murder took place at Ichhapur of North 24-Parganas in March 1991. Sudipa - about 15 years old then - was found tied up in a room and neighbours found her mother Sulekha Pal, father Subhas Chandra Pal, grandmother Latika Pal and grandfather Debendra Mohan Pal murdered. Cyanide was mixed with sweets and mercuric chloride was added to water, and the chemicals were supplied by an accomplice, Krishnendu Jana.

Sudipa was alleged to have taken part in the crime. But since she agreed to turn into an approver and narrated the entire sequence of events, she was pardoned and had been released. Cyanide-laced sweets were served to her parents and grandparents since they disapproved her relationship with Basu. Basu is currently serving at the Lalgola open-air prison in Murshidabad.

Chief minister Mamata Banerjee, who announced the release of 40 convicts at Writers' Buildings on Tuesday, said that 52 names had been recommended and the state selected 40 from them while the Centre objected in two cases.

Minionite thumbnail

Wife stabbed, strangled, set alight

link- http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/kwazulu-natal/wife-stabbed-strangled-set-alight-1.1177563#.UQhvWvJ5jFs

November 14 2011 at 10:59am
By Yogas Nair

Supplied

Summit Handa, 31, has been charged with the murder of his wife, Niranjani, 27, formerly of Overport in Durban.

An Indian national has been arrested in Delhi for the murder of his South African wife, just two weeks after telling police that the Durban woman had drugged him and eloped with a lover.

Delhi police said last night that they had found evidence that Sumit Handa had searched police websites to see whether his wife's body had been found and also searched Google for "burnt dead bodies".

Handa, 31, has been charged with the murder of his wife, Niranjani, 27, formerly of Overport, Durban.

Niranjani's uncle, Krish Pillay, said his brother, Rama, had been told of his daughter's death on Saturday afternoon.

"On Saturday, Rama received a call from the Delhi Crime Police (DCP) telling them that Niranjani had been killed and her body was burnt beyond recognition. They enquired if they must go ahead with a cremation. My brother was shocked and told them it was a mistake."

Pillay said further phone calls to Delhi revealed the gruesome details of how his niece had been killed and that Handa had confessed to the murder.

DCP deputy police commissioner Ashok Chand, said in an interview on NDTV on Sunday that Handa had confessed to the deed.

Chand said Handa had accused his wife of infidelity with an unknown South African man. It is alleged that he stabbed her in a fit of rage with a kitchen knife at their rented flat in south-east Delhi's Pul Prahladpur district on October 29.

He then allegedly strangled her with the cord of his laptop charger and kept the body overnight in the bathroom, police said.

The next day, October 30, police said, he stuffed his wife's body in a trolley suitcase and asked a friend to give him a lift to a town called Rai, in Haryana, about 40km from his home. He also packed another bag with her clothing, which he apparently took with him.

Here Handa is believed to have bought two litres of petrol from a local garage, police said. It's alleged that he then dragged the suitcase more than 200m into a forest clearing, doused the body with petrol and set it alight, together with the clothing, Niranjani's passport and other personal belongings.

Police said he allegedly waited more than two hours for the body to burn and then gathered some of his wife's remains in a plastic bag and went to a nearby river to perform her last rites. He then hitched a ride home, police said.

On his return to his home, Handa cleaned all the blood from the bathroom and then got a handyman to replace all the tiles, in an attempt to remove any traces of blood that could be traced through forensics, police said.

Pillay said police had told them that Handa had filed a missing person's report on November 2, telling police that Niranjani had served him tea laced with sedatives. He claimed that while he was asleep, she eloped with her South African lover, on October 30, taking all her jewellery.

"(Handa had) called Rama on October 28 and gave him this version. At that stage, the family were baffled and thought it was just a domestic dispute."

Pillay said his brother last last spoke to Niranjani on October 27, when she said she wanted to return to South Africa.

"She did not give reasons. My brother advised her to think carefully before she made any decisions."

He dismissed the claims of infidelity as a "pack of lies" and a cover-up by Handa.

Police said that after his wife's death, Handa had hacked into her e-mail account. He apparently gave police print-outs of e-mails he had sent her, begging her to return home.

But an anonymous tip-off that she had been murdered resulted in Handa being placed under police surveillance.

After hours of interrogation, Chand said Handa had confessed to killing his wife.

Analysis of Handa's computer also revealed several Google searches and visits to police websites to see whether his wife's burnt body had been found.

He had allegedly Google searched several times for "burnt dead bodies" in the Haryana district.

Chand said they had overwhelming forensic evidence of burnt hair, bones and ashes that were recovered from Handa's flat.

He said DNA tests would be conducted with Niranjani's parents to confirm whether the remains belonged to her.

Pillay said he was the last relative to have seen his niece alive.

"We met at a conference at the Science of Spirituality Ashram in Delhi in September. She seemed very happy and her marriage showed no strain or signs of unhappiness.

"We are leaving to India tomorrow. We have no idea what the motive was. This is just devastating news to us.

"We hope to return home with Niranjani's remains and her son. We have never met Sumit's family. This will be the first time."

He said the couple decided to settle down in India and left on a happy note in July.

"Sumit had built a mansion in Agra and Niranjani was happy to go. They had great plans for the future." - Daily News

Minionite thumbnail

Found with cellphone in Tihar Jail, Sonu Punjaban 'attempts suicide'

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/found-with-cellphone-in-tihar-jail-sonu-punjaban--attempts-suicide-/1033972/0

//for her life story please read http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/living/lady-and-a-pimp

//

|
Print
Express news service : New Delhi, Wed Nov 21 2012, 02:35 hrs

Thirty-one-year-old Sonu Punjaban, arrested last year for running an organised flesh trade worth several crores, allegedly attempted suicide by hanging herself from an exhaust fan inside her ward in Tihar Jail late on Monday night.

Tihar Jail authorities said a cellphone was found on Sonu on Monday morning and she was scared of police action.

Tihar PRO Sunil Gupta said: "At 6 am on Monday, a cellphone was found in the possession of Sonu Punjaban, who was lodged at Ward 4, Jail 6. As part of disciplinary action, she was shifted to Ward 6. Her co-inmates informed prison authorities around 9.30 pm on Monday that she was trying to hang herself from the exhaust fan with her dupatta. She was then rushed to Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital."

After the cellphone was found, the prison informed the trial court. Sources said fearing strict action, Sonu staged a "drama" to "get back at the inmates".

At DDU Hospital, prison officials said, Sonu claimed have "consumed an overdose of sleeping pills".

A doctor at DDU Hospital said: "She was brought to the hospital between 1 am and 2 am and was admitted to Ward 8 of the emergency section. On examination, nothing was found in her stomach and all her vitals were found to be fine. She was completely conscious and fully oriented".

"There was no shortness of breath when she arrived at the hospital. There were no marks around her neck to indicate anything of this (that she hanged herself) sort," the hospital said.

Gupta said Sonu's condition is stable. "The cellphone has been handed over to the Special Cell. The court and the visiting judge have been informed. She is under strict surveillance. We are inquiring how she got the cellphone and who she was talking to," he said.

Police have also invoked the Maharashtra Control Of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) against Sonu.